I'm currently waiting for the Local Hero, moorim school and signal to come out but they're way too far away lol.
So can anyone recommend me some dramas?
I'm looking for something with a unique plot and likable characters.
something that strays away from the typical korean drama plots. For example I DON'T like poor women, rich man plots or vice versa.
I'm open to anything doesnt have to be a korean drama. It could be a J drama, Thai drama, Taiwanese drama.
The genre can be ANYTHING.

As long as its good and tell me why you like it so much.
Sorry if im too specific. Thanks!
N no Tame ni - I liked the story (addicting, unpredictable, realistic, with sweet/cute/funny and also sad moments), the characters and their relationship

Date (Date - Koi to wa Donna Mono Kashira) is an unusual romantic comedy, with unusual main characters, but it's so funny and sweet.  It made me realise that to fall in love isn't as easy as other dramas show. 

Orange Days - a drama about college life, friends & love with chemistry between the main characters and an inspirational story. It's funny, sweet and touching

Dear Sister - a really, really sweet drama

Love Shuffle (Romance + Comedy + Psychological) - great characters, great actors. It's sometimes serious, sometimes funny, sometimes meaningful, sometimes it doesn't make sense...But it's unique.

Gomenne Seishun! - great school comedy, original story, heartwarming, likeable characters

Akumu-chan   -  interesting story 

Kaseifu no Mita - a family with many problems + a mysterious housekeeper 

I think Arang and the Magistrate is unique, or maybe I haven't seen enough drama.
Ganbatte Ikimasshoi
is a nice drama about female friendship, centered around the sport of rowing. It's a long time since i saw
it, but I believe the characters for the most part are likeable.

Maybe someone might remember the title this  japanese drama. it's about these children who go to visit
their sick friend. They have to take a train or a bus, maybe both. It could have been a drama special.

Question: could it still be a romance, just not the rich man/poor girl cliche? 

If so, here are recommendations for dramas that I think are fairly unique:

Padam Padam - This is a very unique drama about a guy that just can't catch a break. It has a bit of fantasy and I am still making my way through it, but so far I think it is really well done. On its way to be one of my favorite dramas of all-time.

Love Me If You Dare - This is more-so a psychological crime drama (a genius catching psychopaths) with a bit of romance thrown in there. I think the guy is wealthy, but that isn't really a part of the plot or the dynamic of the show. It's really, really good and if you are looking to get into a Chinese drama, I highly recommend this one. 

Healer - A fantastic drama. Lots of action/mystery and the characters are really well developed. 

I Hear Your Voice - The guy in this can read minds and the girl is a high-powered lawyer. It's a noona romance, but I think it is pretty unique. 

The Princess' Man - If you want to branch out and try a historical drama, this was the most addicting and amazing one I've seen so far. Everything was fantastic and I've never seen a drama quite like it. 
I second Miya's recs plus add some more

Fuben na Benriya characters get into crazy funny situations and it has a nice scenery change from the usual Tokyo

Akagi a life and death game of mahjong

Brothers Karamazov even if you're familiar with the novel this will be an  intense ride

Long Love Letter a bit dated but one of the more original dramas I watched

Kisarazu Cat's Eye and Tiger and Dragon and other Kudo Kankuro dramas. He tends to write unique plots and is a talented storyteller

'He who can't Marry' was totally offbeat from usual kdrama formula.  
Since many are recommending Jdramas, I'm going to recommend some distinguish Kdramas with endearing characters:

White Christmas
Evasive Inquiry Agency
King2Hearts
Cruel City
Comrades
after seeing your watched list i would strongly reccomend

-14 Days(gods gift 14 days) it has a lot of thriller in it , and it remindes me about 2 weeks

http://mydramalist.com/8791-gods-gift-14-days

-Liar game ,its one of the moast unexpected dramas there ,its full of surprises ,i have not seen a drama like it

http://mydramalist.com/11133-liar-game-2014

-suspicious house keeper ,it shines a light on the family genre and also gives a unique vibe

http://mydramalist.com/7827-the-suspicious-houseke...

-Ando Lloyd basiclly if you like the plotline ,you will moast probably like it ,if not then Do Not watch it 

http://mydramalist.com/7942-ando-lloyd-a.i.-knows-...

-Dr.Frost i think this is the moast unique ,it concentrates on the aspect of solving cases with phsycology 

http://mydramalist.com/7720-dr.-frost
and a bonus drama is 

- i remember you i dont really know how to say what i like in it 

http://mydramalist.com/13476-i-remember-you
 Hope This Helps XD ,enjoy drama watching ;) :)
All of Park Yun Sun's dramas tend to be different and unique. Alone in Love is a bittersweet look at a couple dealing with the aftermath of their divorce, Mixed Up Investigation Society (Evasive Inquiry Agency) starts as a wacky treasure hunt and morphs into a lovely look at friendship and loss, and White Christmas is a dark psychological thriller. 
Some other japanese suggestions : 
Atami no sousakan : hard to describe, special humour, strange and sometimes seems to not have any sense, but quite intriguing...
Gekidan Engimono : a late show i think, another drama who does not make any sense, but you want something unique.
Legal High: more traditionnal than the previous ones, but Komikado-sensei is one of the funniest character ever. You need to try it.
Mahoro Ekimae Bangaichi : once again, hard to describe, i just couldn't stand the characters but this drama was somehow touching.
Ninkyo helper : yakusa in a retirement home. Unexpectidly good and touching.
Oniichan gacha : in a surrreal world. funny and light, yet it questions a lot.
Yuusha Yoshihiko series. : a special kind of humour. light and short.
and I second other recs like Love Shuffle, Long love letter, Kisarazu Cat's Eye, and would like to add the Japanese Liar Game.
What Miya said:
Orange Days
Love Shuffle
Date

From your ptw-list I recommend Nine Times Time Travel and Tenno no ryoriban.

I also recommend Nirvana in Fire. I loved the plot, the ways things were revealed little by litte and how the characters plotted and made their plans trying to outsmart each other (and all of them, except perhaps one, were really smart no matter if they were the good or the bad guys). In that way it was a "omg what's going to happen next?!" kind of drama. I loved the friendship between the characters: some of them made old bonds stronger, sometimes in new ways, some of them formed new bonds, and in the end they were a strong team. So in that way it was almost like a heartwarming "group of friends" kind of drama, in the middle of all the power struggle and revenge. I loved the characters. the funny moments, the acting, the costumes and the beautiful scenes, and the heartfelt emotions. 
Splash Splash Love is pretty unique. The actors are lovable, the storyline is unique, etc etc. It's only two episodes but I wish it was more :( It's definitely worth watching. Oh My Ghostess is a really good drama also. It's funny, the actors are great, everything. ^^
Wow thanks for the feed back guys thats a lot lol didn't expect this much replies!

and @ViolinGal, it can be romance but not a cliche one. I like tend romances to be meaningful not just a "oh youre hot, im hot we should date"
In my opinion any OCN drama really fits this category as they have a unique style to their dramas, though if you're not into detectives/police etc then you probably want to avoid them. Vampire Prosecutor and Dr Frost are the first two I think of for OCN for recommendations, and both are completely different with the aspect of dealing with crime, but are very gripping. I do also want to say Incomplete Life, though it depends on your taste in dramas, but you are watching Awl which I've heard is similar so I'm throwing it out there. I'd say Surplus Princess too, though warning that this was cut by 6 episodes and it's not as long as a normal Korean drama, so it did have a few issues story wise. Others may disagree on this one, but I haven't seen a mermaid feature in many Korean dramas. It's pretty fun loving. 

The only Japanese one I can really think of is 49 but personally I think the Japanese have lots of unique dramas anyway, so you can just pick any up and it's going to be pretty unique. (Though maybe it's because I don't watch them often. xp) Lastly and again, another short one, is Chinese one Jenius. If you like Death Note (and if you haven't watched/read Death Note, I really recommend you do!) this has a similar feeling when it comes to having a thought provoking story, though less intense.

I hope I've helped, even a little. :D