I've been looking for dramas like White Christmas, Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou, Karamazov no Kyodai and N no Tame Ni. The dramas that made me go wow with their visual artistry. Curiously, all of them are thriller/suspense/mystery dramas and 3/4 are Japanese. I want more though! Suggestions & comments are most welcome.
God's Gift 14 Days! :D 
Painter of the Wind : One of my favourites mainly because of how beautiful it was.
Garasu no Ashi
xxxHolic
River's Edge
Long Goodbye
Nigeru Onna
Ishi no Mayu
@MinaVIP, I've already watched God's Gift and love it :)

@nastou19, I've heard that PotW is great but political/historical plots go over my head. I'm also not a fan of Moon Geun Young after Achiara. I'm in the minority, I guess.

@bossmama, xxxHolic, Long Goodbye and Ishi no Mayu are on my mental PTW.

Thank you and keep the recs coming!
Not a drama, but a movie:
Bleak Night

Pluto and Sayonara Kabukicho also had pretty good cinematography, though Bleak Night came to mind immediately when you mentioned this.

As far as dramas go:
Cruel City
Boku no Yabai Tsuma
W has impressed me a lot with the cinematography so far.

And to a lesser extent

Hanzawa Naoki
Signal
Zeni Geba (a little more understated, but there were a couple of scenes here that really stood out)
Most WOWOW jdramas have impressive cinematography. Netflix's Hibana was gorgeous, too.
Also seconding bossmama's suggestions of Nigeru Onna and Long Goodbye.
As for kdramas, I thought It's Okay, That's Love, A Wife's Credentials, Secret Love Affair, Bubblegum and Valid Love were all pleasing to the eye and had some interesting shots (though the last two dramas were lacking in terms of writing).
That Winter, The Wind Blows. I didn't love this drama but if cinematography is what you're looking for, you can check this one.
Warm and cozy. Seriously, Jeju island is so beautiful and I just love cinematography in this drama~
If you liked White Christmas for that reason, it's probably Kim Yong Soo's directorial style that you like too.

You might try some of his other dramas and drama specials, even though they're a little hit or miss.  But they are often really, really pretty to look at.  

Check the list here at dramawiki: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Kim_Yong_Soo

I would recommend Babysitter as the best of the rest overall.  It's also short, so maybe you can confirm my suspicions.  Or try one of the single-ep ones.  I liked the second ep of Hometown Legends that he directed a lot (actually both were pretty good anyway: eps 4 and 7 of the 2008 season), and I love The Scary One, the Ghost and I (although it might just be me, haha).

Equator Man is also not bad, other than the female lead not having anything to do for a while.

For other, non-Kim Yong Soo things, I would also say Chuno was very pretty.
The Royal Gambler- it's a historical korean drama but the shots, music and acting are fantastic. The only thing that could be better is the plot- it's not bad though.
Nazo no Tenkousei
LIQUID - Oni no Sake, Kiseki no Kura
Osozaki no Himawari
Nankyoku Tairiku
Fuben na Benriya
Crying out Love, in the Center of the World
Love That Makes You Cry
Flowers for Algernon
Beyond the Clouds
That Winter, the Wind Blows
Shine or Go Crazy
Mirror of the Witch
Woman (2013 jdrama)
Piece (2012 jdrama)
Not a Drama but Hot Road is quite visually pleasing. Fantastic OST too. ;)
MOZU series has great cinematography, especially the lighting