I've been trying to watch at least a movie a day as I wait for subs :p

I'm fine with most genres, but I prefer comedy, slice of life, family, mystery...

something with a strong female lead... 

a touching story, but not too sad...

something with a strong plot...

something with great character development...

A girl at my door :)
Project Makeover
A Werewolf Boy
The Beauty Inside
Sunny
Welcome to Dongmakgol: It's an anti-war war movie, and female lead is an actual cinnamon roll that's too good for this world. It's sad but optimistic. (There are people dying on that movie, which is to be expected for a war movie, but the overall theme is optimistic. It emphasizes our common humanity, and how people are more alike than different, and how people are basically good.)
You Call It Passion

it ticks every single one of your boxes
I've already seen these:
A Werewolf Boy
The Beauty Inside
Sunny
You Call It Passion

thank you all soo much, they all sounds interesting, and I'll start right away ^^
Comedy: How to Use Guys with Secret Tips / The Good, The Bad, The Weird / A Hard Day
Romance: Petty Romance / Windstruck

Those are not "great", but good movies; wich for me are:
The Yellow Sea / The Chaser / Failan /Thirst / A Bittersweet Life / Sympathy For Mr. Vengeance / I Saw The Devil / Bad Guy (2001) / Memories of Murder
an many more...
The problem is that most of them are "dark" movies and although great in my opinion, I don't think they fit your needs =P
it's a mature movie but I really think A Man and a Woman fits your criteria ;)
If you don't watch My Way you should watch it, it's prefect war movie.
 The Tower, Way Back Home, The Admiral Roaring Currents are good movies.
No mature movies or anything like that plz ^^;
I need mostly comedies right now, all of the dramas I'm watching are all so intense, I need something light...
-My Paparotti
-Miss Granny 

Romantic Comedy:
-Spellbound
-Love Forecast