for example, scarlet heart:moon lovers, cruel romance, novaland castles in the sky.... These were good dramas that focussed a lot on the main couple but also it didn't long winded with the plot. Some dramas can be long and tedious, waiting for the next scene with the romance in it. I don't like plot heavy dramas, especially with lots of historical facts/political stuff. Suggestions?? Having a cool, cold or kickass hero is a bonus!

Have u watched Goong?   I just luved it.  Watched all 24 eps in 2 days.   
http://mydramalist.com/38-goong
The moon embracing the sun

Fantasy mixed with history

Arang and the Magistrate -  I really enjoyed that.
Goblin - although mostly set in the present 
Gu Family Book - not too bad. 
Queen In Hyun's Man 
Scholar Who Walks the Night
Splash Splash LOVE - short and sweet

Fantasy
Oh My Ghostess
Nine: Nine Times Time Travel
You Who Came from the Stars
Secret Garden
49 days
The Master's Sun
It's funny OP mentions Scarlet Heart Ryeo. Sure it's shorter than the chinese original drama, but I thought that it stopped focusing on the main couple about halfway through lol, in addition to the plot of claiming the throne.
Sounds like Perfect Couple. You might like it, you might not but it's a period drama where the majority of the focus is on the couple and issues surrounding them.
I'd suggest Eternal Love chinese drama if you have'nt watch it yet. Its fantasy,romance..not so much about politic or history as it was mainly focusing on relationship of our OTP
Can't believe no one said Faith...That drama was my all time favorite til Moon Lovers came along xD....The main leads love story in Faith was beautiful*-*
The Sound Of The Desert is a very good drama too