My brother is wanting to watch a drama with me over the Christmas Holidays, but he wants to watch a show that is funny and has no romance (or very little of it - not the main focus). I think he prefers a drama similar to Kisarazu Cat's Eye (he really loved that one). I tried to show him Hana Kimi in the past, but I think even that had too much romance for him even though I told him it focuses more on comedy (he couldn't even get through the first episode). 

Looking through my PTW list, I was thinking about showing him one of these dramas (but I haven't seen any of them yet). For any of you who have seen them, would any of these be a good choice? Yuusha Yoshihiko to Maou no Shiro -- Nobunaga Concerto -- Kaitou Tantei Yamaneko -- Bitter Blood -- 38 Task Force

Any recommendations would be helpful and it doesn't have to be a Jdrama either! Thanks!

Chief kim fits the bill. NO romance,anf its hilarious.

I really enjoyed 38 Task Force! highly recommended ;-)

Avengers Social Club is also a very funny kdrama with no romance

Age of youth,a kdrama. There is romance but not the focus.its more about the girls friendship so i'm not sure if ur bro will like that but one of the main character, Song ji won ,is super frickin hilarious.  She is one of my fave character ever.  

I recommend Yuusha Yoshihiko to Maou no Shiro! It's really funny. I also second Mr. Nietzsche in the Convenience Store. I haven't finished Kaitou Tantei Yamaneko yet, though I find it funny as well. However, Yoshihiko and Mr. Nietzsche certainly focuses more on the comedy aspect.

I was already going to reccomend Kaitou Tantei Yamaneko before I even read that it was in your plan to watch list.  It's an excellent show with an excellent cast and lots of high class comedy. There isn't any romance but a lot of bromance. I think it will be absolutely perfect to watch with your brother. You guys will cry cracking up every other second of the show.

A must-watch.

I second Yuusha Yoshihiko and Nietzsche-sensei. I'd also like to recommend:

I recommend Bitter Blood.

You can also watch "Tiger & Dragon" it's from the same author of "Kisarazu Cat's eye"

Yuusha Yoshihiko is pretty hilarious like others have said. It might be a bit of an acquired taste.

From the rest of that list Task Force 38 could be a good option. It kind of reminded me of the Oceans 11 move series in some ways though their cons didn't involve quite as much action since it's a Korean TV budget vs. Hollywood blockbuster budget. Con men stealing from bad guys.

I recommend you kaitou tantei yamaneko. Comedy with mistery and action.

Nobunaga Concerto -- Kaitou Tantei Yamaneko  are the 2 i recommend off your watch list.  There is some romance in Concerto but it is SUPER low key and Yamaneko is just fun.

Anything with Abe Hiroshi, most recommended comedies: Kekkon Dekinai Otoko, At Home Dad, Trick. The first one has light but funny romance.