What were the Asian dramas/movies with weird/unusual plots that you still watched up to the end and loved?

Shikaotoko Aoniyoshi. Up to episode 5, I kept thinking what the heck was it that I was watching. I even considered dropping it many times, but I'm glad I stick to the end because it was priceless.

kura2ninja:

Shikaotoko Aoniyoshi. Up to episode 5, I kept thinking what the heck was it that I was watching. I even considered dropping it many times, but I'm glad I stick to the end because it was priceless.

Oh, I can definitely second that one.  (I still am not sure what I watched, but I liked it anyway, haha)

Also, Once Upon a Time in Saengchori is pretty different.  It's a mix of office, comedy, mystery, and I don't even know what else.  I recently rewatched it after about 4 or 5 years and I thought it was still good, so I'd recommend it.

Flowers for my Life - the plot was somewhat usual, but what made it weird and quirky were the characters, especially the main female lead. It made the whole drama such a dark comedy that has an offbeat narrative that i feel seldom gets done in Kdramas

• Byakuyakou
  • Sore demo ikite yuku
  • Kuzu no Honkai

Kuzo no Honkai is def a weird one but i enjoyed it (if only for Dori ^_^)

I triple the notion on Kuzo no Konkai.  And I also liked it.

Currently airing:  Todome no Kiss is really cool right now.   

Older:  One Million Stars Falling from the Sky (2002)

I guess Japanese dramas win this thread, hands down. :)

jaaraf:

I guess Japanese dramas win this thread, hands down. :)

Ive watched Korean shows and Japanese and lets just say that the world would be boring without the Japanese.

I'm watching Hwayugi and every episode I'm asking myself the question: "What the hell did I just watch?" :D It's really weird. I'm still at the beginning of it, though.

Go Princess Go - really weird plot but it was hilarious 

Soulmate - I loved this drama, the unusual part was that the main leads were in relationships with other people  from the beginning and didn't meet until like ep 10. Another thing is that the characters' names are actually their real ones haha 

Linus:

I'm watching Hwayugi and every episode I'm asking myself the question: "What the hell did I just watch?" :D It's really weird. I'm still at the beginning of it, though.

i felt that way too in the beginning.  it settles down after a handful of eps.  After that, you become hooked.   Lee Seung Gi's acting in this is really good.   That alone compelled me to continue to watch and am glad i did. 

I’m Not a Robot - both the human allergy stuff and the robot stuff were pretty out there

Leh Nangfah

I am a Cyborg, but that's okay

Go Princess Go 

My Ordinary Lovestory

The Lover

Cyborg She

Ito-kun A to E

Okitegami Kyoko no Biboroku