peluchita74:

Thanks! I think I will skip it then.

i agree with @olive4213 's statement below mine....  i wouldnt skip it because it is a unique production gaining lots of viewership for various/many  reasons.   Its just not a go-to romance drama IMO.

I am now watching The Rise Of Phoenixes. It’s very good but so slow. Is Yanxi palace as slow? I am almost suffering! Lol! If it’s not I will give it a chance.

If u don't mind with the sad ending..

I suggest Prince Lan Ling

the story are based of Prince Gao Changgong of Northern Qi are the real life history

Just get ready with the tissues ^°^||

Although it wasn't one of my all-time favourites, I enjoyed Story of Yanxi Palace, and I pretty much only watch romance dramas. I mainly enjoyed it because the FL is smart, because I liked the SML, and because the SML and ML fell for the FL first. That said, for the most part the drama is not fluffy, there are long periods where there is very little romance, the drama was a little slow at times (especially if you're just watching for the romance), and the ending is a little bitter sweet (especially if you like the SML as much as I did). 

AH :

Although it wasn't one of my all-time favourites, I enjoyed Story of Yanxi Palace, and I pretty much only watch romance dramas. I mainly enjoyed it because the FL is smart, because I liked the SML, and because the SML and ML fell for the FL first. That said, for the most part the drama is not fluffy, there are long periods where there is very little romance, the drama was a little slow at times (especially if you're just watching for the romance), and the ending is a little bitter sweet (especially if you like the SML as much as I did). 

yes I watched the show and the Second Male Syndrome was so strong :,(

Legend of yun xi

Legend of Fu Yao

MiraiArtx:

The Eternal Love is a short webdrama, but really good and I highly recommend it. Journey is also pretty good but some parts are set in modern day though the majority is set in historical times. You could also try Ice Fantasy. Personally, I thought this one was really beautiful to look at and had an amazing OST, but the story is not that great. It does fit what you're looking for though. Legend of Lu Zhen is pretty decent as well. 

Heavy Sweetness Ash-Like Frost is coming out next month and is a heavily romance based historical. I've read the novel so I can say the story will be good! 

The eternal love is amazing but the eternal love 2 is not as good

Afm:

If u don't mind with the sad ending..

I suggest Prince Lan Ling

the story are based of Prince Gao Changgong of Northern Qi are the real life history

Just get ready with the tissues ^°^||

Does it have a love story, romance??? because I only watch dramas that have romance 

Lolakotb:

Does it have a love story, romance??? because I only watch dramas that have romance 

Ohhh yes..It's a beautiful love story tho I had very bad SLS-.- Didn't care about the ML that much...

AH :

I'm currently watching this omg can anyone tell me who's the SML and ML? Is the Emperor the ML? 

Angel:

I'm currently watching this omg can anyone tell me who's the SML and ML? Is the Emperor the ML? 

I completely empathize with your confusion! I was exactly the same when I watched. Yes, the Emperor is ultimately the ML, but he doesn't really start to take on that role until quite late in the drama. Fuheng's role becomes much more of a SML's role later on, too

I really liked Story of Yanxi Palace too. But it definitely doesn't really fit "lot of romance." The focus is more on the heroine, and she's great. It's like a full scale Bechdel test really, with a bit of a romance. The focus on the heroine is not at all love, or romance, but revenge and her love of her sister and pseudo sister. She's so loyal and smart in her defensive of them. Loved that! Want more heroines whose focus isn't on romance so much.

But I might also add that I loved the chemistry between the FL and ML in the scenes that they had together. He is sooo smitten and she is so cute, let's her guard down a bit with him.

I really loved “Nothing Gold Can Stay” It’s  a bit of a tear jerker and slows down a little too much about 2/3rds of the way through. But I stuck with it and loved it. The ending is a little sad but somehow that didn’t ruin the story.  I rarely get emotional watching dramas but this one  had me shedding actual tears (happy and sad). I’ll blame it on hormones and amazing acting. If you’ve got the stamina for the 70ish episodes, it’s worth the watch. I think I watched it on Netflix or Amazon Prime. It might not fit you “a lot of romance” request if you’re looking for steamy scenes or whatever but sweet and tragic moments between lovers are definitely in there. It’s a heroine drama mainly, though. 

https://mydramalist.com/4033-prince-of-lan-ling

My favourite... It is so beautifull. I like everything about this drama. It is very romantic, emotional, funny and have a good characters.

https://mydramalist.com/5591-battle-of-changsha

I am not sure if it goes under the category of dramas with a lot of romance, but it is deffinitly one of the best historical dramas. It is very emotional.