Okay, I hate heroes who commit noble idiocy in a romance: Ones who, upon falling madly in love with the heroine, can just push her away (pretend to no longer love her, etc.) when a major issue occurs (illness, bankruptcy, etc.).

Regardless of the reason, if the hero can give up or chase the heroine out of his life so easily, then he definitely can go on living without her. My favorite heroes are ones who, upon falling hard for the heroine, won't be able to cope without them. Ones who need the heroine so much that I can literally see them die if the heroine is no longer in their life. They wouldn't be very successful at committing noble idiocy because the heroine's part of their life line.

Dramas featuring these type of heroes (not in any type of order):

Ten Miles Peach Blossoms -Ye Hua

Game Rai Game Ruk -Charles/Saichon

New Tales of Gisaeng -Ah Damo

Healer -Jung Hoo

Bpoop Phaeh Saniwaat -Por Date

Song Huajai Nee Puea Tur -Tharatorn/Warong

Meteor Garden I -Dao Ming Si

Hana Yori Dango -Doumyouji

Be Strong Geum Soon -Jae Hee

Truth -Hyun Woo

Stairway to Heaven (Makjang to the max, but man is the main guy hot and so in love -tragic ending)

Prissana -Taan Chai (a little more subtle, but towards the end when he thought he lost her, he got very sick and almost died)

Summer's Desire -Ou Chen (don't find Peter Ho hot, but love his character too much from the original Chinese novel)

All of these hot powerful heroes listed above end up loving their heroine to pieces and definitely gave me the feeling that they wouldn't be able to go on without them. Any more dramas with a hero (prefer hot and rich/powerful ones) who, upon falling hard for the heroine, loves her so much that he won't be able to live without her in his life? Thanks :)

Strong Woman Do Bong Soon

-a beautiful mind (it takes some time before he falls in love but in the end it's clear he can't live without her/ risks his life for hers)

-love o2o ( he is there for her at all times/ he's hot and rich)

+ i also agree with strong woman do bong soon

johanna de cauwer:

-a beautiful mind (it takes some time before he falls in love but in the end it's clear he can't live without her/ risks his life for hers)

-love o2o ( he is there for her at all times/ he's hot and rich)

+ i also agree with strong woman do bong soon

Thanks! I've already watched and loved "Love o2o," but didn't add Xiao Nai to the list because this kind of theme never came up in the drama, so it's a bit unclear.

skaikru:

Black Knight

Thanks for the rec!

Hwayugi - The Korean Odyssey. The ML will literary die if something happens to the woman. 

Linus:

Hwayugi - The Korean Odyssey. The ML will literary die if something happens to the woman. 

Thanks for the recommendation. When you mean "literary", do you mean he will actually die because his physical life is connected to her due to supernatural means? I'm looking for a hero who loves so much that he figuratively can't go on without his heroine (nothing to do with his actual life being threatened if she's not present).

I also heard that Hwayugi became a mess in the 2nd half. How good a drama was it? Thanks. 

Jess4163:

Thanks for the recommendation. When you mean "literary", do you mean he will actually die because his physical life is connected to her due to supernatural means? I'm looking for a hero who loves so much that he figuratively can't go on without his heroine (nothing to do with his actual life being threatened if she's not present).

I also heard that Hwayugi became a mess in the 2nd half. How good a drama was it? Thanks. 

It is a bit complicated with Hwayugi. It both does and does not fit into your description. Light spoiler ahead that won't reveal much of a story, yet it is a spoiler nonetheless.  He can't live without her because he fell in love with her through magic and if something happens to her, his heart would shatter into pieces both metaphorically and physically because of the strong bond. In other words, because of the use of magic he now loves her and can't live without her. Most of the show we are supposed to wonder if he would love her as much without the spell. We suspect he does yet we aren't sure until later episodes. The first half of Hwayugi was definitely better than it's second half yet I would still recommend checking it out. Even though it wasn't as beautifully paced as, for example, Healer, it still has a lot going for it. 

If you are looking for a more metaphorical 'can't live without' the FL, I would definitely recommend:

Another Oh Hae Young

Kill Me, Heal Me

Falling for Innocence

The King's Woman

Jess4163:

Hwayugi... I have to say it is exceptional.. because after reading so many reviews I ended up with a decision of not watching.. bt somehow I came to watch it and I really liked it. I also think Ur category can be implied to hwayugi. 

Spoiler..

The lead finds out that he really is in love with her and tries all the means to protect her.... Even without the life threatening factor. Bt it is towards the end.

+

Cruel romance.. 

The male lead never let go of the FL because of the danger he is surrounded by.. I fights for her.

✔️ Shopping King Louie 

✔️ My Beaitiful Gong Shim 

✔️ Werewolf Boy 

✔️ Shine or Go Crazy 

✔️ Windstruck 

✔️ Moonlight Drawn By Clouds 

✔️ Weightlifting Fairy

Linus and Anjaly, thanks for clearing everything up about "Hwayugi!" It sounds like he fits this thread...

But I don't think "The King's Woman" fits because the hero ultimately cared more about his kingdom than the heroine -he definitely can go on without her in his life.

Just finished "Apgujeong Midnight Sun" and despite the lackluster writing/plot execution, the leads' romance/chemistry was very engaging and the male lead was so deeply in love with the female lead that he can't live without her. He went insane and almost died when he thought he lost her forever...plus it doesn't hurt that he's extremely hot.

The flame’s daughter :) the ML die for the girl :) he does everything just to see her. Can only say that otherwise I would give too much out.

I love summer’s desire, too. And same opinion on Peter Ho lol. I found him hot for that series because of his character, but after that series, haven’t care for him at all lol.

Have you seen mars? It’s quite old, but very nice, the ML also does everything to protect his girl and make she feel worth it. 

I need romance 3 is another where the ML shows he really loves her, they did break up temporarily because he wanted her to make up her mind.