(First of all, wanted to stated that is my personal opinion and I respect others opinions :) ). I have unusual problem. I've started watching Asian movies and dramas thanks to famous Wuxia movies like "Hero" or "House of Flying Daggers". I wanted to try CDramas, but here is my (personal) problem.... It seems that all dramas I've checked much differ from these movies, even tho both categories are "made in China"... Mostly I can't stand a unnatural "style" of voices of the characters (mostly woman characters are screaming, yelling, sighing, moaning or even talking in very unnatural way/manner >.<). It sounds like actors voices are added "on top" or like they are "glued to" the video, instead of feeling like natural part of the video. Hadn't noticed such "problems" with famous Wuxia movies like Hero, maybe because they are "product like western movies and with much bigger budget? I understood, that is probably my personal taste / point of view, and that I should get used to "such style of C-Dramas" like I get used to K-Dramas. But maybe some one knows historical drama with "more natural" vocies/music like Hero for example? (I understand that not all kind of movies are for everyone, so it may be the it in my case... )
Movies like "Hero" have huuuuuuuuuuge budgets and they're usually made to appeal to a wide international audience. When it comes to chinese dramas, not just Wuxia ones, the production is much cheaper. And it's very common for those dramas to be dubbed. For example... you might be watching the actress Ariel Lin play some role but listening to another actress' voice dubbing her. Even in the epic "Bu Bu Jing Xing" the actors' voices are dubbed by other people. I think it's going to be very hard to find a Wuxia drama with natural-sounding voices. I don't really know that many, so I can't advise you. But there are a ton of good Chinese movies. Have you seen "The Banquet"? Or "Curse of the Golden Flower"?
Watched them both already XD Ofc there are many Chinese movies I haven't yet watched, but I hoped to find some nice series as well :P
I gotta admit though... Wuxia dramas are something that sounds appealing to me... but then I checked them out and was immediately scared off by that terrible dubbing. I just can't take it. Have you watched the movie "The Myth"? It's more of a time-travel drama with martial arts though. And the more recent Chinese movie "The Grandmaster"?
Not yet :D But I see in "Myth" Jackie Chan is starring <3 and in "The Grandmaster" starring Zhang Ziyi, so yeah I'll probably watch both! (PS. seems my topic was moved, coz I put it in wrong category - sorry admins :( )
Oops! Sorry! I wrote that wrong! I meant the Cdrama "The Myth", not the movie. XD I don't think those two are even related.
haha, I love Jackie Chan so anyway, good you told me about it :P And yes, according to MDL both Myths are related somehow (based more less on same story/main character)