Hey there everyone! I'm looking for some fast-paced Kdramas with protective dudes. Some kissing other than lip presses would be a bonus. And I prefer Rom Com to serious ones. I know that's not hard to find in kdramas, but I'd love to hear from you personally which ones you liked and why. Here are some I really liked with a good pace and interesting characters: Boys Before Flowers (It was cheesy, but it moved fast! And you can't beat the F4) Sungkyunkwan Scandal (My first, and so much fun) My Princess (I liked the pace and the protective guy) Secret Garden (I loved pretty much everything about this drama! Probably my favorite.) You're Beautiful (Not as good as the others, but it was fun) To the Beautiful You (I liked it, even if the plot was not believable at all, haha) Coffee Prince (The kissing! The tension! This was such a good drama.) Personal Taste (OMG so good! Plus I love Lee Min Ho. This is probably my second favorite. "Game Over." *melt*) Playful Kiss (The actor is a favorite, and I might be biased because I already suffered through the anime to the happy ending, and kind of fell in love with the story. But this had a really fast pace to it that I appreciated.) Heirs (mostly I just liked Lee Min Ho, haha) Some that were just okay for me: Goong (It was slooooooow but ultimately I did like it.) Lie to Me (I couldn't get into this one as much, but I did finish it.) Some I started, but wasn't interested enough to finish: Rooftop Prince (It slowed down a lot) Full House (It was kind of meh for me) Protect the Boss (Wimpy dude is not my thing) Currently Watching: City Hunter (I'm enjoying it; I just need something to break up the epic polictalness of it) Flower Boy Next Door (I'm almost done) So what can you suggest with that criteria for me? Protective guy. Fast Pace. Rom Com. Happy Ending. And if you know any Taiwanese shows that fit the bill, feel free to throw them in there. I tried watching The Devil Beside You, but the sound was so weird, and their acting threw me off. Thanks for your help!
Tawainese dramas that mayy fit your criteria: It Started With a Kiss and it's sequel They Kiss Again. (Tawainese version of Itazura na Kiss) Hana Kimi Taiwan (My personal favorite version) Korean dramas: Gu Family Book The Heirs (You'll either love it or hate it. Personally, I loved it) The Greatest Love
the master's sun flower boy ramyun shop just you (taiwanese) me too flower
Thank you for your responses! I will definitely check these out!
Is it too soon to recommend You Who Came From The Stars? :D
You know, I'm hearing a lot of chatter about You Who Came From the Stars. I may have to start watching!
You definitely should, it's awesome :)!
May I recommend Faith, since you're a Lee Min Ho fan? I personally think it's his best work. However, to be fair, some parts of the middle are a bit draggy. But man, the protection and mutual affection are through the roof. It helps that the female lead isn't a ditzy wimp either although she seems that way in the beginning. Watch it when you have time to follow all the nuances and you will not be disappointed. I also second My Love from another Star and once you've fallen in love with KSH, you won't mind the brief detour from rom coms to enjoy his other great work: Moon that Embraces the Sun. He's also in Dream High and although it was a great high school show, I didn't find it romantic or funny. He plays the alpha protector in all those roles. If you love Taiwanese romcoms then you may also enjoy Love in Time with You. The lead guy is pretty protective too.
I'm watching my love from the stars right now. Episode 18 and so hooked! This show is like crack.
OMG! I mostly agree with your suggestions, hehe :))) I think if you liked Secret Garden and Boy Over Flowers, you must check out Flower Boy Ramyun Shop!!! It slowed abit after the first half, but it managed to pick up again and I must say I REALLYYY LIKED THE SHOW AND THE CHEMISTRY IS AWESOME! I'm currently watching a Gentlemen's dignity up till ep 5 cuz I've heard lots of good feedback about the show~!!! I'm really good so far, SUPER FUNNY and I LOVE LOVE LOVE THE GUY!! He reminds me alot of JooWon from Secret Garden, like his style, his talking, his dressing, his personality,.. I think you'll love it! The 4 guys are the ahjussi version of F4 whom I'm sure you'll love just as much too!! OMG I also think You're Beautiful was not as good as the rest, yet there was something about it that I enjoyed...so glad we kinda share same taste ;)For Taiwanese dramas, you must watch Fated To Love You!!! Idek if you already have, maybe you forgot to mention cuz it's 2006 (i think) but trust me, IT IS DANGEROUSLY ADDICTIVE!! <3 It has a perfect mix of HUMOUR (YES, lots of this you'll laugh till your sides hurt trust me! Even when I rewatched it, it still worked the same ), ROMANCE (I watched it quite a while ago and I only rewatched various episodes cuz I have no time, but I remember the male lead being very loveable and very sincere in his efforts to get back the girl. I loved him ttm), Melodrama (I think I cried alot too), and ultimately, the 24 episodes will take you through a rollercoaster of emotions but I guarantee you'll love it and be more than satisfied at the end! I don't know anybody who didn't like it ;) Down With Love is another classic but I loved it so much, it played its encore many times on tv so I kinda saw it many times, LOVE the sweetness and chemistry!! My fav tdrama is Love Keeps GOing though, i remember it was very fun to watch, and the guy brought the girl through a change too! the chemistry is EXPLODING THROUGH THE ROOF, and with Mike HE, you'll get lots of steamy kisses too;) Loved the show! Hope this helped!
Glad I could help :)
Queen In Hyun's Man (Real kisses!)
My all time favorite is Innocent Man (Nice Guy) Maru is very Protective and has this brooding darkness going on. Its not as high paced but it is highly addicting. Happy watching!
Definitely check out: Lovers - romance, drama, some comedy - a gangster falls in love with a preacher's daughter. City Hall - romantic comedy - a Congressman with aspirations for the SK presidency falls in love with a small town office woman turn mayor. Mars - (very) romantic melodrama - an emotionally traumatized girl finds healing in the arms of her university campus' most popular guy. All these have absolutely wonderful kisses & skinship. Be a little patient with Lovers & City Hall as the romance takes a bit of time to kick in, but is well worth the wait.