I'm curious to know what makes the female lead or character strong/cool/badass in your preference? Everyone has their own opinion of what makes the female lead refreshing or relatively strong and different than the cliches so let me know your thoughts with fav femle lead/character 

U can suggest ur fav drama/movie with ur fav fml! 

What makes a female character strong?

A strong female lead character is not necessarily someone who knows how to fight physically, but is a female character that

1.  Uses wisdom most of the time (not all the time) - A lot of the female damsel in distress characters lack wisdom. They act on impulse, and make decisions that almost always lead them to depend on the male lead or second male lead for the whole drama. 

• Example of a drama in which the female lead did not have wisdom is actually one that I am watching now, it's titled Good Bye My Princess. Just watch the first 8 episodes, and you'll see exactly what I mean.
  • Example of a drama in which the female lead DOES have wisdom is Mr. Queen.

2. Does not allow the male leads to ruin her life, while she sit idly by for the sake of "love," that really isn't love -Dramas tend portray a false image of love when it comes to romance. Love is not a woman taking abuse (verbal, emotional, or physical abuse) in order to be with a man. Almost always in dramas we see that the female lead is deceived, manipulated, or intimidated into a situation by the hands of the male lead. What's the female lead response? They either stick with the male lead through heartbreak and pain, or get back together with the male lead eventually. We often see the male leads choosing their family, revenge, or their title over the female lead, and or we see the male leads leading the female lead on a romantic chase, metaphorically speaking. The female lead in dramas while angered, end up being okay with being the last priority on the male lead's priority list.

• Example of a drama in which the female lead allowed the male lead to ruin her life, while she sat idly bye for the sake of "love," that really isn't love, is
    Queen for Seven Days.
  • Example of a drama in which the female lead DOES NOT allow the male lead to ruin her life, and does not sit idly bye for the sake of "love," that really isn't love, is
    The Legend of Dugu.

3. Is free to choose who she love, even if it's the second lead and not the first - For goodness sakes, dramas will have people thinking that females love attractive toxic men, while hating the good guys who are caring and attractive.

• Example of a drama in which the female lead chooses to be with a man who literally sent mix signals 90% of their relationship, over the second lead who communicates well, and is caring is Fated to Love You.
  • Example of a drama in which the female lead DOES NOT choose to be with a man who sent mix signals or is emotionally toxic, over the second lead who communicates well, is attractive, and is caring is The Story of Ming Lan.

Strong female lead drama recommendations:

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/recommendation-forum/63883-please-recommend-me-dramas-where-the-woman-is-powerful?page=last&p=1870625#p1870625

• Independent (she can take care of herself)
  • determined  (she knows what she wants and works hard to get it)

That can be all, because if she can take care of herself, it also means that she is either clever or physically strong (or both). And if she is determined, it means that she surely got many skills that would help her to reach her goals (martial arts or some tactics).

My favourite drama is I'm Not a Robot and FL can be considered quite strong (clever and determined). Some others: Ashi Girl,  Azumi (movie), Love O2O, Love Like White Jade, The Tale of Nokdu