I am looking for historic dramas not mythic (ancient gods etc...) that have a happy ending for the mains.  I am okay if it has tragedy.  I couldn't finish Under Power for many many hours because how cruely  the ML was in the breakup.  I'm okay with a temporary breakup but not when one of the leads is exceptionally harsh with the breakup.   No slapstick comedy but humor is welcome.

Do not want

Time travel

Transmigration

BL/GL (no offence but its not my cup of tea)

FMF love triangle

Okay to have

Slow burns 

Forced/arranged relationship/marriage

Secret identity

Sad event as long as the mains are together and happy at the end

MFM triangle

Crime 

War

Must have

Happy Ending for both mains.

How are you with women dressed as men / men as women?

My feeling is go with the tags historical romance comedy.

Maiden Holmes

Oops! The King Is In Love (2020)

The Tale of Nokdu

maidenholmes:

How are you with women dressed as men / men as women?

My feeling is go with the tags historical romance comedy.

It depends on the story.  But no bodyswap 

Who Rules the World (2022)

Prince of Lanling (2013) may not have a happy ending, but one can see it as a prophecy in the drama that comes true.. it is the first cdrama that intrigued and touched me

Wish Upon A Star:

Who Rules the World (2022)

Prince of Lanling (2013) may not have a happy ending, but one can see it as a prophecy in the drama that comes true.. it is the first cdrama that intrigued and touched me

Thanks for the advise about Prince of Lanling but that is a big NO.  My first taste of k/C -dramas was Mr. Sunshine.  I was so depressed and cried so hard after watching it I promised myself I would only watch happy endings.  

I'm trying out Yanix Palace but wow 70 episodes and at episode 6 and the mains have not even met yet. 

Maiden Holmes   -  I have watched at it and up to the place where the mains learn each others identities it's a cute concept but I have struggled to stay engaged.

Oops! The King Is In Love (2020)  - I stated watching this and cannot remember why I stopped when really love a show I will binge watch at the expense of sleep.  

The Tale of Nokdu -  I haven't started this one

Fake Princess    - Started it but haven't had the interest to finish

The Story of Ming Lan -  I want to love this one but the story is just dragging and taking forever for the mains to get together.

EXAMPLE - Near perfect historic drama with romance "The Long Ballad"    I was never once board.

Not sure if it's me but the "slice of life" type are too boring.

AuntJoy:
I'm trying out Yanix Palace but wow 70 episodes and at episode 6 and the mains have not even met yet.

Just an FYI - the mains get a happy ending but the story lines for the very likeable SML and SFL are quite tragic.

AH :

Just an FYI - the mains get a happy ending but the story lines for the very likeable SML and SFL are quite tragic.

Thanks

Stephenia:
The king in Love, to me, was not a happy ending.

May  I ask why?

Stephenia:
The king in Love, to me, was not a happy ending.

For almost all of the dramas I listed, there is a relatively likeable SML who does not get a happy ending. But that's a pretty typical fate for a SML (especially in a historical romance drama setting) and AuntJoy specifically asked for a happy ending for the mains. 

For The King in Love, even though the circumstances were not ideal and the leads were obviously sad about leaving the SML behind, I consider it a happy ending for them because both leads survived, they got to end up together and the SML willingly sent them off.