I also think that staff/mods should be able to delete reviews that break the rules. I'm constantly baffled at the number of people that don't care if they are breaking the rules and the number of people that mark these reviews as "helpful". Hessa has requested that they delete their review or re-post it in the comment section, but they never do it. Their "reviews" would be perfectly acceptable if posted in comments or on episode reviews.
Hessa Volunteer Staff
***Re-posting my suggested fix for the review problem (againts disabling the rating)***

To fix the review problem we need to:
1. Not allowing any user to mark a show as "Completed" until the last episode's airing date. Or on the new version, change the states to Ended.
2. Not allowing any user to review a show without marking the show as "Completed".
3. Add "Drop Reviews" for people who want to write a review about the reason they dropped the show. However, they should watch 20% of the show.

I was for the suggestion above, but since the new version have states such as, Airing and Ended. Can we have review be locked until we mark the drama as ended? And movies as released?

^ I like 1 and 2 but think that 3 could be skipped for now.

disagree. i respect everyone's rating and it is useful for me to see a rating regardless of whether a drama has shown 0 1 or 2 episodes. im sure your human brain can comprehend the intentions behind the rating, whether it is an expectation rating when 0 episodes are shown, or a rating based ooff 1 episode. 

people can review whatever they want to too, if u dont like it, downvoote it. 

in fact, anilist although clunky, u can see statistics that show how much an anime's rating changes over the course of its screening. i dont find it very useful personally but u can see for example very interesting things like 

for this seasons made in abyss

it went from mid 70s to mid 80s all in one final episode 13. 

a rating at 00 episode and 1 episode carries as much weight for someone who is looking for a drama to watch. unless u want an arbitary number which is also reasonable because mal does not allow ur rating to be counted unless u have watched a certain percentile of the show. 

personally i dont rate shows unless i have watched a high number of episodes or i am done with the show itself 

Hessa Volunteer Staff
 bannie:
people can review whatever they want to too, if u dont like it, downvoote it. 

You can't review Dramas/TV shows/movies if you have not watched all episodes. It is against the rules.

You can use the episode review.

thats a really stupid rule. lol. that is unnecessarily restrictive and prevents people from utilizing a review to consider a drama/movie. if that is indeed the case i hope it is changed immediately so that people like me who will want to consider a show can be open to useful information from other members of mdl

I dont see that rule in any other big website. lol. 

@Bannie I don't think it's a bad rule, honestly. How could a review be properly utilized anyway if the reviewer hasn't even seen most of the drama?

I do share your opinion about ratings, though and am wondering if that is what you mean? People can start rating dramas as soon as they begin airing, which is very helpful. A lot of others get annoyed by this, but I see it as a personal preference and start rating what I am watching early on, too. This way, it helps to see how a drama progresses from start to finish and should be good for statistics, too. 

what about just rating episodes as you go, then at the end you can see how your ratings changed over the show, and then decide on your final score.  this way people who like to rate things, get to do it early, but final ratings aren't in until the show has ended.

Naksken:

what about just rating episodes as you go, then at the end you can see how your ratings changed over the show, and then decide on your final score.  this way people who like to rate things, get to do it early, but final ratings aren't in until the show has ended.

i dont mind either. but i would like to have simple access to the rating. if not whats the point of the rating scale. i rate something as much as for myself as for other people. if i cant see other people rating. how can i guess whether i will pick up a drama or not. im sure everyone has different cutoffs but unless for some special reason, my personal cutoff is anything in the 6s i dont watch. 

if i cant see people rating until the end of the series, then this site will never function to help people pick a show when it is still airing!

Okok. :p

Actually, this whole debate was pretty much settled a few months back, about the ratings anyway. I think it was decided that ratings won't change, since, well, they haven't. I should know because I made a huge deal about it at the time, since I am in favor of rating as you watch. That is why I was confused about the latest replies and talking about the ratings issues again. This thread is rather old. :p

lol. I def think you should be able to rate as you go. I dont tho. I only rate when its done. but if nobody rates as you go then i wont know which airing drama is a good one. lol. 

but whatevers. maybe this can be re-implemented in the distant future. its low on my priority anyway. i would love to see statistics. if mods understand the more data u have the more u understand ur users the more u cna show them stuff they want, the more they use the site. its how zuckerberg makes his moeny u know.

I absolutely agree!
Maybe there could be a way to keep track of the number of people who are interested in or excited about an upcoming  drama but the actually reviewing and ratings process should be kept closed until the drama has aired. 

Seriously. Why is this being argued again? Just as I stated when this first was mentioned about rating- why does it bother some people so much how others choose to rate? It is a completely personal prefrence whether they choose to rate as they watch, if they drop, or wait until it is completed. 

However, besides it being a matter of preference, allowing the rating of currently airing dramas in particular is extremely helpful overall. It shows how a drama is progressing from week to week and if the writing is staying consistent or veering off. Allowing users to rate as they watch is a wonderful feature of MDL and one I use constantly. 

In the end, I wish people would just chill out over it and accept that not everyone rates or lists dramas the same. I don't care if someone waits to rate. I would expect others not to judge the way I do things, either. It literally is not affecting anyone adversely, unless maybe messing with peoples' OCD, and needing to have everything done a specific way. :p (I say that as a person with OCD, btw.) ;)

Hessa Volunteer Staff

This suggestion should be changed to "Make impossible to review upcoming/airing dramas". I believe the admins said in a previous post in this thread, that they are not going to block the rating.

Hessa:
***Re-posting my suggested fix for the review problem (againts disabling the rating)***

To fix the review problem we need to:
1. Not allowing any user to mark a show as "Completed" until the last episode's airing date. Or on the new version, change the states to Ended.
2. Not allowing any user to review a show without marking the show as "Completed".
3. Add "Drop Reviews" for people who want to write a review about the reason they dropped the show. However, they should watch 20% of the show.

I was for the suggestion above, but since the new version have states such as, Airing and Ended. Can we have review be locked until we mark the drama as ended? And movies as released?

Posting my previous suggestion, if it was not seen.