good suggestions, Hessa,  but I would add one more:

"the third" should go together with "the fifth": to be able to rate the single episode / selected episodes watched

unresolved/pending: https://mydramalist.com/discussions/support/30467-rating-a-single-episode?pid=745364&page=1#p745364

the last time I checked (2 days ago?) this function still doesn't work... (or is it only for me??)

quote:  

"Or only have the main cast appear on the Cast & Credits and the guests only appear in the episode guide."

adding guests only to episodes instead of a tv show full C&C list might be difficult, because for contributions you need to provide source of information for the approval staff, sometimes there are many sites confirming that certain celebrities participated in a certain tv show but they don't mention episodes (which celebrity in which episode), i'm afraid it would make impossible to add all guests in some cases

The third one would be so great!

Yuanwei Volunteer Staff
 MadiHawkins:

good suggestions, Hessa,  but I would add one more:

"the third" should go together with "the fifth": to be able to rate the single episode / selected episodes watched

unresolved/pending: https://mydramalist.com/discussions/support/30467-rating-a-single-episode?pid=745364&page=1#p745364

the last time I checked (2 days ago?) this function still doesn't work... (or is it only for me??)

quote:  

"Or only have the main cast appear on the Cast & Credits and the guests only appear in the episode guide."

adding guests only to episodes instead of a tv show full C&C list might be difficult, because for contributions you need to provide source of information for the approval staff, sometimes there are many sites confirming that certain celebrities participated in a certain tv show but they don't mention episodes (which celebrity in which episode), i'm afraid it would make impossible to add all guests in some cases

It won't be difficult if users will add them after watching the episode though. 

Yuanwei, do you suggest that a moderator will believe my words and I do not have to provide any source of information if I ask for adding guests? Or do you suggest that I actually should make the approval staff watch those episodes themselves? 

honestly I don't understand what you're saying...

(if we don't need source of information, just tell me,  I would be happy to know)

MadiHawkins:

Yuanwei, do you suggest that a moderator will believe my words and I do not have to provide any source of information if I ask for adding guests? Or do you suggest that I actually should make the approval staff watch those episodes themselves? 

(if we don't need source of information, just tell me,  I would be happy to know)

if you list your sources stating the actor was on the show and then add to the notes that you confirmed a guest's spot on a particular episode by actually watching the ep yourself as long as you dont have a history of submitting false info i'm pretty sure the mods will take you at your word. 

Hessa Volunteer Staff
 cityhunter:

if you list your sources stating the actor was on the show and then add to the notes that you confirmed a guest's spot on a particular episode by actually watching the ep yourself as long as you dont have a history of submitting false info i'm pretty sure the mods will take you at your word. 

True.

MadiHawkins:

I can also pretty easily check on wiki or the link you provide to varify your claim.

Yuanwei Volunteer Staff
 MadiHawkins:

As someone who submits things often and try to also provide links,  I know there are some cases in which you don't have a choice but to watch the show to either find or confirm certain things. 

Hessa:

True.

Really? That would save the time. Thanks, cityhunter. I'm testing it, Hessa ;)

whatever, Yuanwei, even now you've quoted my whole post but I don't know who you're talking to...

Yuanwei Volunteer Staff
 MadiHawkins:

Really? That would save the time. Thanks, cityhunter. I'm testing it, Hessa ;)

whatever, Yuanwei, even now you've quoted my whole post but I don't know who you're talking to...

Now you are being rude. I was talking to you. Why would I quote your post otherwise? -_-

I NEED NEED NEED the ability to select the episodes of the variety shows I have watched! It'd save my life. Voting for this!!

Hessa Volunteer Staff

I was trying to edit a variety show cast section and it was really a pain. We can't properly define cast member who later come to the show as guests after leaving. I really think it is necessary to have the fourth suggestion implemented.

Totally agree with all the points!

Hessa Volunteer Staff

Bump for people who keep asking me about it.

Also editing Running Man's cast is hell, the page becomes really slow and there are many guests.

Haha Im bumped and appreciate that! I agree on all points and i hope it would be enforceable in the near future 

Very much agree to this.  Especially the need to seperate dramas and variety in the "show" section under statistics.