If you want I can put together a video on the article submission, feed pet peeves and how to review if you like...I can even highlight all the sections of MDL.  i have video recording software and editing software as well

i wont do it until I have permission and I will let you guys preview it before it goes live..Just ask my editors..sometimes I need help lol

Skye-N-Rain:

So while this is something we want, the MDL admins can't do this. If anyone from our awesome community wants to go ahead and make tutorial videos, we'd love to see  them! 

Edit: Just like JoanneSmith [Thank you! ]

You're welcome!

NightTraveller:

This is such a brilliant idea. You definitely got my vote. 

Thank you ????????

OldAnimeLady:

If you want I can put together a video on the article submission, feed pet peeves and how to review if you like...I can even highlight all the sections of MDL.  i have video recording software and editing software as well

i wont do it until I have permission and I will let you guys preview it before it goes live..Just ask my editors..sometimes I need help lol

That sounds great! If you could do that, it'll be of great help for all MDL users. I believe that MDL people who replied to this post can help you in problems like permission and editing. I would have love to help but like i said, i know very little compared to you guys, this is why i started this thread :)

JoanneSmith:

Since I had a couple people ask me about this in the last couple days,  I went ahead and created a quick video on how to polish up your profile with pics and gifs, etc.    This isn't professionally done, but might help while waiting for the real thing!   Hope this helps!  

https://www.useloom.com/share/4ee263676c7e44408baf5e3d7ae7ece8

Thanks Joanna, i always looks forward to your help whenever I'm stuck up on things related to MDL from day 1. I believe that this idea, if we all try with the help of other users, we can help everyone in the MDL family. 

Skye-N-Rain:

So while this is something we want, the MDL admins can't do this. If anyone from our awesome community wants to go ahead and make tutorial videos, we'd love to see  them! 

Edit: Just like JoanneSmith [Thank you! ]

thankyou for replying to this suggestion. Whenever we have problems or are unaware about a particular app, website or device., The first thinh that we do is to look for a video tutorial on YouTube. And this was exactly what i did when i was new to MDL but i found nothing. 

I might had left MDL long before had there not been such friendly users who taught me how things work here. So it's not a suggestion rather a request so that we can be more aware of how MDL actually works. :)

JoanneSmith:

Since I had a couple people ask me about this in the last couple days,  I went ahead and created a quick video on how to polish up your profile with pics and gifs, etc.    This isn't professionally done, but might help while waiting for the real thing!   Hope this helps!  

https://www.useloom.com/share/4ee263676c7e44408baf5e3d7ae7ece8

Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to do this for MDL users! 

I started watching the tutorial made by Joann and its very well done, thanks again. I do have a question: When I went to Settings, my 'bio box' has only the standard word processing buttons like B(Bold) and I (italics). There is no second row with the other icons such as Youtube video, Image, Spoiler...etc...

Why is that? How odd...

LilyS:

I started watching the tutorial made by Joann and its very well done, thanks again. I do have a question: When I went to Settings, my 'bio box' has only the standard word processing buttons like B(Bold) and I (italics). There is no second row with the other icons such as Youtube video, Image, Spoiler...etc...

Why is that? How odd...

Your browser window size is too small, you may need to expand it a little bit.

LilyS:

Why is that? How odd...

If you are trying on mobile, on phone it seems impossible. I have not found a way to expand my browser window on my phone. However, if you are using a tablet, it works. Just rotate it to the side and you can edit properly. 

PS. Ji-N: Is it possible to fix that so we can edit fully on our phones, without expanding the screen? 

CherryBunny:

If you are trying on mobile, on phone it seems impossible. I have not found a way to expand my browser window on my phone. However, if you are using a tablet, it works. Just rotate it to the side and you can edit properly. 

PS. Ji-N: Is it possible to fix that so we can edit fully on our phones, without expanding the screen? 

Thanks for responding CB. I posted an edit earlier stating that I resolved the issue. Maybe I forgot to press reply? I had my window minimized to have two windows on my screen of my laptop for easier viewing. Once I maximized the window in question, both tool bars in the 'bio box' reappeared. 

Thanks for the info about the tablet. I have a very hard time using my phone for MDL because of the small screen and touchpad even for games and responding to messages. :-)

Ji-N:

Your browser window size is too small, you may need to expand it a little bit.

Exactly, I found that out, thanks for responding. :-)

I had made a video 4 years ago, I can't particularly find my original thread but do tell me if it's the type of videos you guys are looking for....

Wow that's pretty old.

Ji-N:

Wow that's pretty old.

I know, right? XD That was pretty fun to make tho. :P
It also reminds us how far MDL has come in 4 years.