Soju:

I believe it should first start with Bollywood, which is the most mainstream thing that foreigners also watch. Just because there are many states in India with many different entertainment industries does not mean that it should not be added into MDL. Just mainstream Bollywood is fine for now. 

After that, the Tamil (South?) industry in some far future can be added as me and my friends (foreigners) are also exposed to that. 

As opposed to other entertainment industries such as Bhojpuri and such these two are far more exposed to the world.  Regardless, Bollywood (Hindi language) should definitely be added. 

I'm not sure if its a Telugu or Tamil film, but it's a 2012 Indian film called Eega (The Fly), it's really good, its about a man who is murdered and reincarnates as a fly and tries to get revenge as a fly.

Vishalingle:

& that is exactly why I think India should be excluded from this site. India has way too many films & dramas & local language dramas that it's almost impossible to document it all. The rest of the countries here, have mostly fewer languages that they do their films/dramas in. & hence, they're easy to document. 

You make a good point. It's clear from some of the replies that people dont actually want INDIA added at all, just the bit of India they consider important or worthwhile. To actually say 'just add  the bits "me and my friends" see' made me smile.

burhaaadmi:

You make a good point. It's clear from some of the replies that people dont actually want INDIA added at all, just the bit of India they consider important or worthwhile. To actually say 'just add  the bits "me and my friends" see' made me smile. 

To be fair on your slight jab at me — I did not mean it literally as "add what my friends and I watch" at all but to first add what is most exposed to the foreigners (as in — if you did not understand very clearly — what reaches a more global scope).

This is not about some petty "only add in the more popular part of the country I watch and not the others" thing so please do not assume it as such. This is about strategically adding the more wide-reaching part of the country first and then slowly bringing in the rest in order to have at least established the country's database into the system rather than not having anything at all.  

Happy it made you smile though. Happy 2020 :)

I'm actually against this and think it should be added last. Its database is huge whereas we haven't even added all Filipino content. 

Vishalingle:

& that is exactly why I think India should be excluded from this site. India has way too many films & dramas & local language dramas that it's almost impossible to document it all. The rest of the countries here, have mostly fewer languages that they do their films/dramas in. & hence, they're easy to document. 

Agreed.

Soju:

To be fair on your slight jab at me — I did not mean it literally as "add what my friends and I watch" at all but to first add what is most exposed to the foreigners (as in — if you did not understand very clearly — what reaches a more global scope).

This is not about some petty "only add in the more popular part of the country I watch and not the others" thing so please do not assume it as such. This is about strategically adding the more wide-reaching part of the country first and then slowly bringing in the rest in order to have at least established the country's database into the system rather than not having anything at all.  

Happy it made you smile though. Happy 2020 :)

Still, even with the Bollywood, there's on average 2.5-3 films get released every week & they have lot more staff(& I'm mainly talking about the actors) that they can't be listed. I for one, haven't found anything like MDL or IMDB for Indian films. So, even for these mainstream films, it'll be difficult to document the actors. Bollywood, by far, is  the biggest industry & it continues to grow. 

I still see a lot many J/Cdrama pages that have less no. of actors, not all of them are listed. So, I think we should 1st work on what we have at our hands. Let's not add to our work, rather the people that actually work behind this website, just yet. They already have much to do with improving the current version of the site & improving the app experience. 

& like Ceki said, even the Filipino database is lacking. 

The thought is good but just that.

Of course I understand that the voluntary team in this site is small and the  paid team even smaller. My request isn’t made with a requirement  of urgent approval and application.  I have always meant “ please add India” not “please add India now” .  When this is applied, I have no issues with. Just that it is applied one day. There is no urgent pressure or demand. Just a need for assurance that is all . :) 

Soju:

Of course I understand that the voluntary team in this site is small and the  paid team even smaller. My request isn’t made with a requirement  of urgent approval and application.  I have always meant “ please add India” not “please add India now” .  When this is applied, I have no issues with. Just that it is applied one day. There is no urgent pressure or demand. Just a need for assurance that is all . :) 

Assurances will have to come from the people that do work here...I just wanted to say how difficult it'd be. This time, I just let my pessimist-self go, hence all the negative comments. There's always upsides to adding new content to the site.

I'm out of votes right now, but I 100% agree with this. There are some super fun Indian movies out there that I would love to be able to add to my watch lists and give reviews for, etc.

Edit: I guess there's disagreement on whether Indian media should be added immediately or not, so I'll just add to my comment that I don't mind waiting awhile for Indian media to be added. I would just like to see it added to the site.

Soju:

I believe it should first start with Bollywood, which is the most mainstream thing that foreigners also watch. Just because there are many states in India with many different entertainment industries does not mean that it should not be added into MDL. Just mainstream Bollywood is fine for now. 

After that, the Tamil (South?) industry in some far future can be added as me and my friends (foreigners) are also exposed to that. 

As opposed to other entertainment industries such as Bhojpuri and such these two are far more exposed to the world.  Regardless, Bollywood (Hindi language) should definitely be added. 

Yea, India has alot of other languages but Hindi should be added first

SuperDrama101ohyea:

I'm not sure if its a Telugu or Tamil film, but it's a 2012 Indian film called Eega (The Fly), it's really good, its about a man who is murdered and reincarnates as a fly and tries to get revenge as a fly.

Holy sht, I need to watch this. Hopefully there's eng subs. This is like next to "fetus found inside a brain" kind of weird sht I saw in Jin which is a Japanese drama. 

As to prioritizing Filipino dramas, I am against this. Filipino dramas are boring. It's all the same repetitive rehashed content with no creative effort. But then again, I'm Filipino. That's probably why.

loremar:

Holy sht, I need to watch this. Hopefully there's eng subs. This is like next to "fetus found inside a brain" kind of weird sht I saw in Jin which is a Japanese drama. 

As to prioritizing Filipino dramas, I am against this. Filipino dramas are boring. It's all the same repetitive rehashed content with no creative effort. But then again, I'm Filipino. That's probably why.

You can watch Eega on Amazon Prime or buy it on Youtube, I gave the movie a 10 rating because it was pretty unique and amazing, and funny.

Yeah, I need Indian content on MDL.

Does anyone know where you can watch Indian movies with subtitles? (Not Netflix). My Hindi is not good enough to get all of the lines.  I am less interested in the Dramas, because the few I have watched in Hindi weren't up to Korean or Chinese standards at all.
I think whether India gets added as a country would largely depend on international interest and subtitles being available, right?

disney hotstar @DaliaB