Spoiler tagging a whole post means removing any reference for other users to judge whether they want to reveal the post or not. Also sometimes you only need a couple of sentences marked as spoilers as the rest is up for free conversation(e.g. provide examples in spoilers for a generic observation).

And using comments to either post the non-spoiler content or the spoiler content can be easily hidden away once the post has enough comments, meaning any new readers will probably miss them, unless they try to read the full thing.

Supporting inline spoiler tags in feed posts, much like how this forum supports inline spoiler tags, we can choose what to tag. It can be a couple of sentences, or the full post. Meaning it's versatile as a solution.

An example capitalizing on this forum's support of inline spoiler tags:

Ep15

This is not a spoiler.

This is a spoiler.

Show: ....

It could even be part of other post types.

While it doesn't solve the problem of mistakenly revealing a spoiler, it does solve some types of posts and it does give more information to potential readers to judge to help mitigate the rest.

72votes

Totally agree with that. I often have to hide a whole feeds post just because one line has a spoiler, the rest would be entirely spoiler free. You got 3 votes from me. ^^

Could this work with reviews as well?

Popcxqueen:

Could this work with reviews as well?

I don't see why not. I doubt they're using different code for regular posts and for reviews despite the difference in layout. I could be wrong but I doubt it anyhow.