Jelena Petrovic:
Btw which drama is your profile pic from? It's familiar, I don't know if I watched it or just saw a clip on Youtube,

Poisonous Passion (2022). Just ended.  A rewatch in my future.

I just realized your pic from" A Tale of Ylang Ylang (2022)?"

Anusaya:

Poisonous Passion (2022). Just ended.  A rewatch in my future.

I just realized your pic from" A Tale of Ylang Ylang (2022)?"

I put Poisonous Passion on my PTW, I'll probably save it for next year's challenge xD The synopsis is really messy but I saw your positive review so I'm open-minded.

I actually found the picture on Pinterest but I think it most likely is from A Tale of Ylang Ylang (although it could be from a promotion event judging by their clothes).

Jelena Petrovic:

I put Poisonous Passion on my PTW, I'll probably save it for next year's challenge xD The synopsis is really messy but I saw your positive review so I'm open-minded.

I actually found the picture on Pinterest but I think it most likely is from A Tale of Ylang Ylang (although it could be from a promotion event judging by their clothes).

That makes sense. - This remake is intense, but the drama walks a clear line. Never watch the original. I often wander back in all the previous adaptations. It's probably why I get into trouble. xD

thank you for last week's ruling lol

The Wall Song  airing  Thailand2020TV Show  10 - / +90/100

I haven't watched too many dramas/movies from last 2-3 months.

RIVALRY - (8.5) I picked this up for 2 reasons, first I like these kind of genre and second Nycha, I liked her acting in Kleun cheewit. At first I was going to give it a 7, as I thought it was as every Thai revenge drama, then main couple's acting and chemistry caught me off guard.😊 But as for story, very much predictable for me though it has different essence from usual Thai revenge dramas. Apart from main couple, Donut and Pop's acting was commendable. 

SAMEE CHUA KEUN - (5) To be very honest, I watched it for Pinkploy though I knew it was a repetitive plot. This story doesn't deserve 18 episodes, according to me, no offence. It was a crazy drama, with people going crazy over each other for nonsense misunderstandings. Most of the characters, got on my nerves, unfortunately even pinkpoly's character😒. All I like and remember from drama is Luk prun's cuteness. 😍 I would not recommend it.

MUE PRAB KHAO SAAN SEK - (7) Though, I have watched similar plots, but it was quite hilarious and I had fun watching it. I gave it 7 cause there was not dire need to make it 28 episodes long😁, I had to skip through it a lot. It could have finish off well in 16 maybe 18 episodes.

THE MIND GAME - (5.5) Okay, so when I read storyline I didn't expected this. Everything was done for me in 4th episode. 😁 Or you can say I have watched a lot. Maybe not. Individual acting by leads was good enough but I couldn't feel their chemistry. Oab's acting was the best. I just couldn't get into story, it could have been better for that synopsis.

BAD BUDDY - (9) Just two words "Loved it!" One of the best romance genre I ever watched. No prolonged misunderstandings, no nonsensical characters, no over dramatic second leads. Close to real, but could have been long than this.😋

ARE WE ALRIGHT?  - (8.5) Good sequencing of scenes, all characters are grey of course, except our generous and selfless male lead. I loved all the actors. Everyone did justice to their characters. Ending could have been more shaped than this. Overall I liked it!

BARB AYUTTITHAM - (7.5) I enjoyed it. It was different than those slap-kiss, revenge, love/hate plots but I wish story was more shaped and had lesser plot-holes. It was my first time watching Yeena, but she did played her character well for someone standing on cross roads. Chemistry between leads was far beyond expectations. Disappointed by bomb's acting. Boy has been my all time fav. 😊

Do share your opinions as well! 

Next on the list:

Ku Kaen Saan Ruk 

Manner of Death

Oum Rak Game Luang - 8.0/10 - I feel I'm a bit generous with my rating because the story didn't reach the potential it had. It mostly revolved around petty conflicts, misunderstandings and jealousy while it had a chance to be much more. However, the ending left me with a really nice feeling and everything was wrapped up in a satisfying manner. The last few episodes are probably the best.

I finally decided to start My Forever Sunshine, I've been avoiding it since last year even though I'm a fan of Mark because I don't have a very good impression of Kao's acting (My Secret Bride was a flop for me despite its high rating). She is so-so here but good enough, her character has different layers and she is handling it well. The first two episodes were very endearing, and then it went crazy in the third lol, I'm wondering where the story will go.

FroZen:
RIVALRY - (8.5) I picked this up for 2 reasons, first I like these kind of genre and second Nycha, I liked her acting in Kleun cheewit. At first I was going to give it a 7, as I thought it was as every Thai revenge drama, then main couple's acting and chemistry caught me off guard.? But as for story, very much predictable for me though it has different essence from usual Thai revenge dramas. Apart from main couple, Donut and Pop's acting was commendable. 

I've been wondering about this drama and I saw some mixed reviews, might give it a try some time later because of the leads and Pop. Donut's character in Oum Rak Game Luang was so annoying, I hope she is better in this one.

FroZen:
BAD BUDDY - (9) Just two words "Loved it!" One of the best romance genre I ever watched. No prolonged misunderstandings, no nonsensical characters, no over dramatic second leads. Close to real, but could have been long than this.?

We agree about Bad Buddy :) I'll probably rewatch it in the future (with skipping of all scenes with Pat and Pran's friends until the moment they grow some sense, I cannot go through that frustration again).

Jelena Petrovic:
I finally decided to start My Forever Sunshine

I found Kao's character very annoying, but she played it well. I won't say why because it would be a spoiler then. But since you are on 3rd ep I think you would have already guessed it. I was looking forward to Non-Ling pairing more. I gave it 9 because of character development characters had. The story will take a paced turn.

Jelena Petrovic:
Donut's character in Oum Rak Game Luang was so annoying,

I didn't find it annoying in this one(Rivalry). But on second note I haven't watched the former show.😁  

Latest updates:

My Forever Sunshine - 8.5/10 - This was quite a unique story, and a very good one. In the first half it was a shock after shock, I feel like patting myself on the shoulder for doing a good job and managing to avoid all spoilers, because it was a really fun ride I wouldn't have been able to enjoy so much had I known anything about the plot twists. The second half was more calm and focused on the core conflicts but it never became boring or too slow. This kind of role is Mark's forté and he did great in portraying the gradual change in his character's attitude (which was the best aspect of the drama for me). Kao was good too, however I found their chemistry lacking in the later part when their characters were adults. Her attachment and obsession was totally believable as a teenager, but she became rather cold and bland afterwards (on one hand, it made sense considering the change her character went through but I couldn't see that she was still in love). There is also a fair share of extremely annoying characters who got away too easily with their obnoxious behavior. The ending was overall satisfying.

Hua Jai Sila - 8.0/10 - Usual revenge lakorn with good acting and chemistry between the leads and a strong emphasis on karma. For some reason Tor's acting and facial expressions reminded me of Mark lol, but Tor is definitely more fitting for this role. When I got to the last 5 episodes, it seemed that there is nothing more to resolve so I thought about skipping to the last episode, but I'm so glad I didn't. The last few episodes were the best. I would rate this higher for the enjoyment if only ML hadn't done a certain thing with FL's sister.

I See Dead People - 8.5/10 - Very funny and well written. From start to finish the plot was handled competently, flashbacks were used exactly when they were needed and side characters (ghosts) played a big part in the development of the story. Guest appearances were like Easter eggs. Side note: Typhoon is a really good actor and he nailed it here and in Hua Jai Sila, I'd like to see him in bigger roles. I loved Hideko's squad :) Very interesting and refreshing dynamics between the leads and I like how SML's character turned out.

Likit Haeng Jan - 8.5/10 - A nice time travel/trading places story. Namtarn did great in her dual role, it was easy to differentiate between her characters. I liked both historical and modern parts but I much prefer the historical ML. I wasn't sold on the modern ML pairing and chemistry, he was sometimes sweet and sometimes annoying and inconsistent (main problem I have with him is that he liked Opal from the beginning and didn't believe in the switch until the very end, when he suddenly just accepted it - so although he liked Duangkaew, he treated her as Opal's alter ego instead of a different person which diminished their loveline). However, it was so funny seeing the historical FL in a modern environment. Modern FL in the historical environment was like a bulldozer haha. The ending is bittersweet and satisfying at the same time.

One Year 365: Wan Ban Chun Ban Tur - 9.0/10 -Such a delightful and heartwarming family drama! I loved all the characters and I liked how real they felt, none of them was perfect. However, the story was dragged down by an unnecessary love triangle. Still, highly recommended. Also, Ice Natara Nopparatayapon is such a good actor, seeing him here after a completely different role in Voice was amazing. I'll be on the lookout for his future work.

Off the challenges:

Lovely Writer - 7.5/10 - Meh. Very good start but went downhill soon, picked up a bit near the end and finally ended as nothing much. Could have been better. The straight couple was the highlight.

I'll officially start my marathon of Lakorns for the TWC 2022 after my holidays around August and early September like last year. So far I've mostly been watching BL and  few In betweens .

January:
  • Friend Zone 2: Dangerous Area  - 9.0/10:  I started the year with this drama and I can attest this season is better than the first one. In the midst of all the mess and problems that each character faces, nothing is left out, there are hardly any loopholes. We are portrayed as human beings who make mistakes, who question themselves, who move on and above all who stand together despite the setbacks.  Season 2 may seem to be about self-centeredness but I see it as a step towards healing, self-acceptance for each of these characters.
February
  • Paint with Love  - 7.0/10: I watched it for Singto. The story missed the point to give us a mature relationship. I felt like I was watching two whimsical children. I didn't really get how and when they fell in love. 
March
  • Not Me   -  8.8 /10: I rated it 9.8 out of 10 when I first watched it and then I rewatched the last 4 episodes because some situations bother me and I took 1 point off my final rating. I wish it had focused less on the romance, I feel like it came out of nowhere between Sean and White. I mean the build up to their relationship was pretty shaky. I also wish they had avoided the quid pro quo with Gram and created a real basis for the relationship between Yok and UNAR. They took the easy way out in the last few episodes.
  • You're My Sky  -  8.0/10: The plot starts to be interesting from episode 4 or 5. It's pretty simple ideas, friend to lover, enemy to lover and forbidden love. There was no rush to build the love story but rather to show the difficulties of building it and then maintaining it.   
April
  • Don't Say No  - 6.5/10: If you're looking for a sweet, cute, no-holds-barred, healthy relationship, not that it's toxic (thanks to Mame, this isn't Tharn Type), you should avoid watching this drama.
    If you're willing to fill in the blanks because there's material and room for improvement, then give this drama a chance. Consent, real dialogue within the couple, friends who are there when needed (their behaviours are questionable on other subjects), non-judgmental and supportive parents, fairly lucid characters who don't hide from their past are the strong points of this drama. Maybe in a while when I'm ready to rewatch some parts , I'll raise the rating.
May 
  • The Miracle of Teddy Bear  9.4 /10: This is so far the best drama I have seen this year. It's not a love story, it's an ode to love. It uses Nut's homosexuality as a starting point to evoke more universal issues such as abuse (physical and psychological), discrimination as well as our relationship with illness, loss and acceptance. Many complained about the ending of this drama but I found it coherent from beginning to end. The only downside was that the secondary couple went around the bush a bit longer and there was no real discussion between them to smooth out their relationship, I had the impression of having a couple led by Song only.  
  • Cutie Pie  - 6.2/10:  They manage to make such a good idea mediocre. It was supposed to be a game of cat and mouse, then a period of discovery of each other, then the usual misunderstandings and finally reconciliation, it's in that order but it's just tasteless, insubstantial dialogue, a bunch of scenes that are supposed to be hots for resolving conflicts. 
  • My Ride  - 7.8/10: It was a good surprise. All in all let's be honest the acting is average. Otherwise, I liked that the story focused on their friendship and the romance in the end was a bonus. For once, the fact that there were several couples wasn't a problem because each story ended neatly with an interesting storyline. 
  •  Star and Sky: Star in My Mind  - 6.0/10: They are cute, the acting is average, the guy who plays Kluen seems uncomfortable sometimes, the guy who plays Dao exaggerates from time to time with his frowns and sighs and their friends are the positive point of this drama. As always a bunch of clichés but it's easy to watch and I wasn't really surprised when they ruined the last two episodes with stupid decisions on both sides. 
  • Project S: Side by Side  - 8.5/10: Tor Thanapob   hasn't yet disappointed me with his acting and Sky Wongravee  was a great discovery. Throughout the episodes, I put myself in Dong's shoes and I understand his frustration, his anger. This drama shows that sometimes the real issue in a family with a disabled person is the lack of communication, of consideration for the rest of the family members. The neurotypical child is assumed to be strong, independent, etc and w/o meaning to, inequality is encouraged. 
June
  •  Ingredients  - 7.5/10 : a drama w/o complications even if the end surprised me a bit. The chemistry between the leads is impressive,  you get the impression that they have already lived together, there is a kind of serenity during their interactions. The shooting must have been done with a small crew because it was during the lockdown as the cameraworks sometimes seem shaky and the colour doesn't project a real intimacy for the couple to-be.
  • Let's Fight Ghost  7.5/10: I didn't like Orn's acting until the end. Maybe it was the romance that started to take a bit more place in the second part of the drama that ruined my interest or the ending that seemed to be wrapped up in a twist. The humour is the good point of this drama.
  • The Player 7.5/10:  I was up for a good revenge story but in the end Mim is a petty player, manipulative indeed but not smart  in her actions. The actresses acting didn't convince me, they overplayed most of the time (facial expressions, gestures, intonation).  This fight between rich and poor has already been seen and reviewed in telenovelas, there is nothing new in the concept and moreover it started to drag on towards episode 12.
  • Game Maya - 5.0/10: Mediocre in its direction, in its writing. They probably thought that the cast would do the rest. I've never seen such apathetic characters.
 Jelena Petrovic:
Latest updates:

My Forever Sunshine  and I See Dead People  are in my plan to watch. 

I haven't been watching to my challenge list lately.

Films::

Malila: The Farewell Flower (2017) 7/10; Surreal,  introspective film. Might read the reviews. I am beginning to love, so many of Anuchit Sapunpohng roles. He's a great character actor.

Brother of the Year (2018) 9/10; The story of brother and sister at odds, the perfect and the slacker. Sunny and Yaya are this film.  Great acting.

My Queen (2022) reviewed,  a favorite on my list. It's like a warm hug, with crazy. lol

Anusaya:
Brother of the Year (2018) 9/10; The story of brother and sister at odds, the perfect and the slacker. Sunny and Yaya are this film.  Great acting.

I will watch this for sure even if I don't manage to fit it into one of the challenges :)

Question: does Triage qualify as a web drama? To my knowledge, episodes were only published online.

July was an off month for me regarding the watch challenge, but I hope to complete the remaining 5 dramas I have chosen by the end of August. Currently watching Thong EK: The Herbal Master.

Jelena Petrovic:
Question: does Triage qualify as a web drama? To my knowledge, episodes were only published online.

As long as it's only broadcast online then it's a webseries no matter how long or how many episodes

Jelena Petrovic:
Currently watching Thong EK: The Herbal Master.

I've a mixed feeling about the actress. Is the  comedy good? 

ManUtiavN lost in DB upd:
I've a mixed feeling about the actress. Is the  comedy good? 

Me too, I've only watched her in Buang Hong and I wasn't impressed at all, she was completely overshadowed by Bee. I kept comparing Kim's portrayal of a rich spoiled brat with Baifern's performance in Yuttakarn Prab Nang Marn and I thought there really is no comparison, Baifern did it so much better. I gave up after 2 episodes because I had zero interest in the story and characters. But I didn't want to judge her based on just one drama so I gave this a go. I've only watched one episode so far, it's engaging and comedy is on point (I keep being reminded of Pee Mak because of the historical setting and both Mario and Freud are here with some ghost problems - not giving away more in order not to spoil anything). Kim is doing a decent job here in my opinion and she has good chemistry with Mario.

My Thai watch Challenge choices are being effected by two female leads. The stupidity of one will "kill me alive" in "Innocent Lies." May have to find alternatives. Will let you know, but will follow the guidelines for that challenge if I do.  Hope you are all doing well. I am shocked the year went so fast.

Completed:

The Real Ghosts; Movie - 2019; nothing good to say about it.
5/10
Saneha Stories 3: Bar Host; Drama - 2020; A Club Friday for bar boys. Not recommended.
6/10