I can’t get from my mind how LG react to the lightning marks on PM Koo and how JTE would answer Mamanim No Ah..  

Lee Gon now knows with who he is dealing with. Prime Minister is on the wrong side and he will no longer reckon with her opinions. I guessing that court Lady Noh will tells her story to Tae Eul.

Thoughts on Appu47's comments:

6. It also occurred to me that the interviewer is Luna. However, she looked too well put together and her interviewing skills seemed too professional, suggesting it is Tae-eul. If so, it begs the question, why is Tae-eul a detective and not a queen in Corea? The date is also confusing. Lee Lim's birth month is Feb 1951, so he'll turn 70 in Feb 2021. Yet, in the interview, which seemed to be dated 2020 (?), Lee Lim is already aged 70.

7. If Shin-jae and Luna are the saviors, did they get hold of the manpasikjouk, then, that allowed them to travel back in time? Luna is known for her ability to find things. Maybe she was able to get Lee Lim's part of the flute?

8. Yeah, I'm interested in what Luna is going to do. I have a suspicion she will have a lot to do with Lee Lim's arrest.

Pranksalot:

I agree love can be unpredictable but personally for me, this is too random for me. 

I would like it if they met when she got in trouble with a gang and he got sweep into the fight accidentally, they fight together and run away together and while doing so they build a bond lol

Or if she often runs into him in Korea seeing him doing weird things because he’s lost and trying to adapt to Korea, so she often gives him a helping hand and then something happens to her and he returns the favor, so they build a good friendship over that lol

THIS!! 

How they "fell in love" confused the crap outta me. Like there was no chemistry and she thought he was strange from the start. Next thing I know they are madly in love and weirdly flirting with each other- none of it made sense to me.

They should have been building up their friendship. These past couple episodes are where they should have realized their love for each other goes beyond friendship and then having them get together.

The writers were clearly in a rush just to get them together to satisfy the viewers instead of letting things play out naturally.

pcharlotte787:

Thoughts on Appu47's comments:

6. It also occurred to me that the interviewer is Luna. However, she looked too well put together and her interviewing skills seemed too professional, suggesting it is Tae-eul. If so, it begs the question, why is Tae-eul a detective and not a queen in Corea? The date is also confusing. Lee Lim's birth month is Feb 1951, so he'll turn 70 in Feb 2021. Yet, in the interview, which seemed to be dated 2020 (?), Lee Lim is already aged 70.

7. If Shin-jae and Luna are the saviors, did they get hold of the manpasikjouk, then, that allowed them to travel back in time? Luna is known for her ability to find things. Maybe she was able to get Lee Lim's part of the flute?

8. Yeah, I'm interested in what Luna is going to do. I have a suspicion she will have a lot to do with Lee Lim's arrest.

6. I think the audition is taking place in the near future; in fact it is after the 27th of February, because Lee Lim is 70 years old. For me, the interview is conducted by Tae Eul and Shin-jae. Maybe Lee Gon will recruit them to the police as a special unit whose task will be to catch the traitors. And secondly, who in the Kingdom of Corea could hold this interrogation? It must be secret, because no one can find out that there is a paraller world. It could cause even more troubles. I think they make from him an insane person, who seems to be following orders from the dead traitor (i.e. himself). They will eventually lock him in a mental hospital :D I will be a fine explanation for the public.                                    7. I believe that only Lee Gon can travel in time no one else. But I can be wrong.                                                                                          8. I also think that Luna has something to do with his arrest. Maybe she'll helps them. Or she will let Tae Eul impersonate her to catch Lee Lim.  

Someone can explain me how Nari in the 7 episode (in her cafetaria), had a haircut and Tae-Eul was surprised,  because she looked like exactly to her doppelganger (in the other world), and Tae-Eul even said "Let's say there's another world and there's someone who looks exactly like you...", but then in the 8 episode Nari sees Jo Yeong  (while she was driving), thinking it was Eun-seob and she has long hair again! Then in the episode 9 , she said to Tae-Eul that Eun-Seob has been acting strange (because it his dopplenganger, but she still doesn't know) and Nari continues with long hair. The point is, she never had short hair again, even when she was talking to Jo Yeong about the deja-vu she had, because she saw herself with Eun-seob in the hospital, in the 10 episode. 

Well, probably I missed something there

anxrita:

Someone can explain me how Nari in the 7 episode (in her cafetaria), had a haircut and Tae-Eul was surprised,  because she looked like exactly to her doppelganger (in the other world), and Tae-Eul even said "Let's say there's another world and there's someone who looks exactly like you...", but then in the 8 episode Nari sees Jo Yeong  (while she was driving), thinking it was Eun-seob and she has long hair again! Then in the episode 9 , she said to Tae-Eul that Eun-Seob has been acting strange (because it his dopplenganger, but she still doesn't know) and Nari continues with long hair. The point is, she never had short hair again, even when she was talking to Jo Yeong about the deja-vu she had, because she saw herself with Eun-seob in the hospital, in the 10 episode. 

Nari said that it was a wig. She said below sentences in ep 7, 18 minutes. So, she removed her wig later on.
"You know I always want to cut my hair short around this time of year.
I tried a simulation with a wig.
But I look better with long hair, right?"

----------------------------------

Nari and Jo Yeong talk in ep 12:

"A déjà vu actually occurs when your frequency matches that of another world and you get a glimpse of yourself in that world. You know that I used to be in the radio club, right?"

"But why are you mentioning that right now?"

"I saw myself just now. But I was with someone who looks exactly like you. My doppelganger had short hair, and your doppelganger was in a hospital gown."

Doppelganger can see each others sometime after someone crossed the gate I think because the first time Eun sup ice tea latte got hot was after time stopped. EP 4.

anxrita:

She was wearing a wig. Or it wasn't her. However, the conversation between Tea Eul and Nari in this episode is interesting. Because Nari says that you should kill your doppelganger if you will meet him/her, because there shouldn't be two the same things when there should be only one, because it disturbs the balance. And that if there are two worlds, one of them should be destroyed to save the other. Strange, who tolds her about that?

Ohh exactly, thank you both!

@PCharlotte 787 

It also occurred to me that the interviewer is Luna. However, she looked too well put together and her interviewing skills seemed too professional, suggesting it is Tae-eul. If so, it begs the question, why is Tae-eul a detective and not a queen in Corea? 

My guess too is that the interogation could be in Corea and maybe he isn't killed but being interrogated to find Tae Eul. And it is at the time when Lee Gon travels back in time with flowers to meet Tae Eul and tell her that he is coming for her.

@Izyda

8. I also think that Luna has something to do with his arrest. Maybe she'll helps them. Or she will let Tae Eul impersonate her to catch Lee Lim.

My guess is Luna could be Shin Jae's childhood friend who must be searching for him. That might be her reason to fight Lee Lim.

@Izyda 

6. I think the audition is taking place in the near future; in fact it is after the 27th of February, because Lee Lim is 70 years old. For me, the interview is conducted by Tae Eul and Shin-jae. Maybe Lee Gon will recruit them to the police as a special unit whose task will be to catch the traitors. And secondly, who in the Kingdom of Corea could hold this interrogation? It must be secret, because no one can find out that there is a paraller world. It could cause even more troubles. I think they make from him an insane person, who seems to be following orders from the dead traitor (i.e. himself). They will eventually lock him in a mental hospital :D I will be a fine explanation for the public.

7. I believe that only Lee Gon can travel in time no one else. But I can be wrong. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6. That's good point, that Tae-eul and Shin-jae are in a sort of a special unit to interrogate Lee Lim and cohorts so the secret is kept within themselves.  It seems at this point Lee Lim has lost his half of the flute and expects his interrogators to consider it only a myth.   He confessed to murdering his half-brother, so he deserves capital punishment for that.

7. I had also always thought Lee Gon is the savior because the height, long legs and stance look like his, though the physical appearance might just be just how the young Lee Gon imagined his savior to look like.  As he confided to Tae-eul one time, his memory of his savior is fading.

However, I noticed that the music playing when the savior arrived in episode 1 was the same one played when Lee Gon and Lee Lim faced off each other in episode 9, so I wonder if this is a clue the savior is Lee Gon.

@Ahead

I am with you on this regarding Lee Rim's motive. So far this is what I gather from Lee Gon's understanding and deduction: 

1. Eternal life - that is why he is spending a lot of time in the place between 1 and 0. In the case of Lee Gon, he wants to get out as soon as possible since he will be loosing a lot of time in there. Rather than spending time there, he would rather spend that time with JTE. Lee Rim keeps adjusting his stopwatch to 2 hours prior every time he comes out of that place.  

2. LL wants the Manpashikjeok all to himself as it will gain him great power. I wonder if the mystic flute will be restored as a whole once it gets reunited with its other half of it. 

3. Towards the latest episode, as he was strangling Professor Yi Jong In, he verbally admitted that he wants the throne and that he has claim to the throne. But at the very beginning during his interrogation I thought he doesn't want the throne, he only wants the flute that's why he killed his brother out of jealousy of owning the flute and not doing anything about the power behind the flute.

He definitely took his time. 25 years of not doing anything or even making a move towards his nephew all those years is something that I could not understand. Maybe perhaps he thought that he could just finish building the "temple" or his "palace) ( the scene where he was painting it himself), acquire more money by swapping and bribing people around ( HG group) .  He also thought that everything was peaceful during all those years as he thought the King was a benevolent king and didn't have it on him to revenge the death of his father and smear blood on his own hands. Plus Lee Gon haven't discovered the power of the flute (whip) not until he had the guts to change after the rabbit with the clock. In the words of LL, he didn't stand in front of the legend until now. 

These being said, although I'm not quite satisfied that these are his motives but I have this urgency to ask Kim Eun Sook herself, if given the chance..hahahahahah

@allure2k2

That had been bugging me - why Lee Lim waited until Lee Gon had grown up before trying to get the other half of the flute. Wouldn't it have been easier to get it when Lee Gon was younger? One spy was able to get Tae-eul 's ID.  Lee Lim could have employed a team of palace spies to get young Lee Gon's half of the flute.

@ Izyda, pcharlotte787, Pranksalot

allure2k2:
@Ahead

I am with you on this regarding Lee Rim's motive. So far this is what I gather from Lee Gon's understanding and deduction:

Thanks to them for Lee Rim's motive.  @allure2k2 

I didn't answer any of LL's motive because little information is given about him. I just think that he wanted to rule both worlds forever with a flute. <<Not base on any reasoning. 

But thanks to all of your deduction, I got to understand better.

Thanks to all for discussing especially the 3 people at the top. I can't thanks each discussion or the discussion will be messy/long for new viewers.

Anyway, I plan to make 2 new discussion topics for "TKEM mystery" and "TKEM romance" after the show end or season 1 end if there is season 2.

You could say one for story/plot and another for never ending debate of TKEM romance. XD

But like/dislike are mostly depend on personal taste. Try watching Personal Taste if you haven't. It is quite fun to watch.

pcharlotte787:

@allure2k2

That had been bugging me - why Lee Lim waited until Lee Gon had grown up before trying to get the other half of the flute. Wouldn't it have been easier to get it when Lee Gon was younger? One spy was able to get Tae-eul 's ID.  Lee Lim could have employed a team of palace spies to get young Lee Gon's half of the flute.

Right? Oh well, I wish I could pick KES's brain right now. Wouldn't be awesome if we have a sit-down with her???? That would be the day :) 

Anyway, I guess Lee Lim just thought that Lee Gon isn't that type of king or person for that matter. Maybe he thought, he didn't have the "balls" or the "guts" to do that, plus remember...Prince Beauyong produced a different autopsy report and death certificate. And Lee Lim was declared dead , was shot by the royal guards, so no reason for Lee Gon to suspect otherwise. Do I make sense? hehehe