WandereR:

I hope this remake is the last one.  This story should never have been told in the first place, let alone re-told to another generation of audience.  Not everything has to follow actual historical account. The setting of this updated version is fictional anyway, the producers might as well have fictionalised the entire thing :/

They do not know how to fictionalize historical facts (to improve them in a more pleasant fantasy). Look at the damage they did to the drama The Kings Woman (with Diraba Demurat), there the story totally changes the meaning (the symbolism and the meaning it had before in the plot), just to fit (unnaturally) with the historical fact (but contrary to coherence of the plot that has been shown so far.).

Yes you're right.  Because of this, now all of us have to watch the scene where our heroic ML dies a tragic and unjust death :(

eliteles1:
They do not know how to fictionalize historical facts (to improve them in a more pleasant fantasy). Look at the damage they did to the drama The Kings Woman (with Diraba Demurat), there the story totally changes the meaning (the symbolism and the meaning it had before in the plot), just to fit (unnaturally) with the historical fact (but contrary to coherence of the plot that has been shown so far.).

WandereR:

Yes you're right.  Because of this, now all of us have to watch the scene where our heroic ML dies a tragic and unjust death :(

Yes, it breaks my heart. Again. I want him to be happy, always.

How nice if we could go fishing and drink tea with him :)

Can't wait to see him in the next happier drama, as the botanist!

eliteles1:
Yes, it breaks my heart. Again. I want him to be happy, always.
 WandereR:

Better to say, less suffered. And we know it has a happy ending.
 eliteles1:
Better to say, less suffered. And we know it has a happy ending.

Yes!! Can't wait for the show to air.  Hopefully soon in 2021 :)

Could Ming Yu stop for being a self-righteous person for a moment?!

Watching episode 37-39 was rage-inducing. So so so hate the FL now. And still had the gall to act demure in front of Cheng Xu!!!!! He should have rejected the offer of reagent-ship to her face. Goodbye, adios! And then retire in a remote place to enjoy life.

And her reaction after seeing him giving away the dragon pendant ......... Aaaarrgghhh!!!!

I really want to scream to her: Now are you satisfied?? 

And then she finally in the mood to finish the sachet. I am ..........

Xien_Rue:

Could Ming Yu stop for being a self-righteous person for a moment?!

Watching episode 37-39 was rage-inducing. So so so hate the FL now. And still had the gall to act demure in front of Cheng Xu!!!!! He should have rejected the offer of reagent-ship to her face. Goodbye, adios! And then retire in a remote place to enjoy life.

And her reaction after seeing him giving away the dragon pendant ......... Aaaarrgghhh!!!!

I really want to scream to her: Now are you satisfied?? 

And then she finally in the mood to finish the sachet. I am ..........

OMFG that’s how I felt watching 37-38.  I’m still pissed, haven’t watched anymore subbed episodes.  I hate her.  

WandereR:

Which drama is this?

I have this thought that she only finish the sachet now because Cheng Xu has given in to her demand. So it was a reward for him. 

In those entire 3 episodes, I was so disgusted with her and the emperor and the empress. Her son soon will become an annoyance

When Mingyu tells Chengxu (episode 48) that she would go away with him to live out the rest of their lives away from politics, she gives me an eerie feeling. Her facial expression is ambiguous and insincere. Is it just me, thinking too much, or that's what she's meant to portray?

LoveSiYehan:

Which drama is this?

The Northern Wind Knows My Feelings (which says it will be released later this month, meaning it will start shooting later this month, with the same director of Love and Redemption (Liu Xuey Yi will be the second male protagonist, will be the elder brother of Cheng Yi).
 ChineseDramaFan:

When Mingyu tells Chengxu (episode 48) that she would go away with him to live out the rest of their lives away from politics, she gives me an eerie feeling. Her facial expression is ambiguous and insincere. Is it just me, thinking too much, or that's what she's meant to portray?

What do you mean eerie feeling?  Sounds like she’s telling him what he wants to hear Right before he dies.  I think a part of her is sincere about it too but it’s completely unrealistic and she knows that.  

ChineseDramaFan:

Live in seclusion on Fuyu Island, more like.  I had a peek at those episodes you guys mentioned and wow, she has the face of a self-righteous messiah that has come to "save" CX from even himself.  That is not the face of tenderness, sincerity and longing - that is the face of a devil...

WandereR:

Live in seclusion on Fuyu Island, more like.  I had a peek at those episodes you guys mentioned and wow, she has the face of a self-righteous messiah that has come to "save" CX from even himself.  That is not the face of tenderness, sincerity and longing - that is the face of a devil...

There's a BTS of this drama on twitter, and in that BTS Cheng Yi plays with the child (who is his nephew in the story), he carries the stubborn boy in his arms (and when we look at the expression of the actress who is nearby, in black , the character Ming Yu (we see an expression of anger, of displeasure so evident), that I think (this is the interpretation of the scene)? Or was there a disagreement between the actors? Because in the first BTS the two seemed to interact quite pleasantly.