WandereR:

Haha, that's true. At one point while translating, she complained that she wasn't getting enough rest and that her health was affected :O

We need to courier over some chicken essence and ginseng tonic to her for her hard work lol

Of course if this were on iQiyi or WeTV, then all problems solved.

Yes by how fast that she did the translation, i am applaud her for her hard efforts. Yes i think it is still possible for the drama to have more network to air it. Hopefully these two, will be able to get one. 

LoveSiYehan:

I officially hate Mingyu from ep 39, it's clear that she did not feel the same way for Chengxu anymore, poor Chengxu is still doing everything keeping in mind her happiness all the time, 

Episode 39?? Wait until you get to episode 45. 

I am actually afraid of watching the subbed version. I got so mad watching it raw. Watching the subbed .....

Xien_Rue:

I am actually afraid of watching the subbed version. I got so mad watching it raw. Watching the subbed .....

Oh yes eps.45,, After what happen in eps.39, i applaud ChengXu for his perseverance in his undying love for MingYu. And i thought after he gave in, MingYu will redeem herself. For awhile i thought she did. BUT eps.45 happen and getting worst in eps 46. By then I am convinced that she is trully the reincarnation of devil himself LOL

Yes i also waiting for the right moment to watch these episodes in their english subbed.. i have to be prepare LOL

Hmmm.... L&R most angsty moments were eps 40+.

TPoC most angsty moments also eps 45 onwards.

Moving forward, we'll need to expect all tragedies to happen eps 40 onwards.

Interesting point to note - in Chinese, the number 4 is not very auspicious.... this is a case of bad feng shui in dramas *shakes head*

Xien_Rue:

GROAn!!!!! Y'all make me so apprehensive LOL...and that Mingyu's child not as bad as I expect him to be so far, he seems to respect Chengxu and takes his teaching seriously,..true he's a weak-willed character and easily influenced by the other elements that are not fond of Chengxu...amyway..let,'s continue watching ?

LoveSiYehan:

GROAn!!!!! Y'all make me so apprehensive LOL...and that Mingyu's child not as bad as I expect him to be so far, he seems to respect Chengxu and takes his teaching seriously,..true he's a weak-willed character and easily influenced by the other elements that are not fond of Chengxu...amyway..let,'s continue watching ?

Mmmhhh lets Qi Yuan surprise you LOL Yes you should continue watching. Don't let MingYu hinder you to see how brilliantly Cheng Xu is. I swear the more MingYu torture him, the more handsome he become LOL

Finally braving myself to watch the subbed episodes until 48. Now that I get to understand fully the conversation, I am renewing my hatred toward Ming Yu .....

Looks like the content of Cheng Xu oath forced on him by Xiao Cheng Li came from Ming Yu. The final sentence of the oath was Cheng Xu will die shortly if he ever went against his oath. Cheng Xu expression when he knew that the words came from Ming Yu broke my heart, since he took that words as Ming Yu cursing him (which I very much agree with him). 

Now I understand this, those shoes really meaningless. If her mind could even bear to concoct that kind of harsh oath, then she didn't deserve Cheng Xu at all. Not to mention her respond toward her son killing Yan Hai. And Ming Yu still had the gall to say to Cheng Xu that she would protect him. If I was Cheng Xu, I would never believe her ability in going against her son. In my eyes, Ming Yu only ever cared for herself and manipulated Cheng Xu love for her own gain. She always spewed nonsense that Cheng Xu would never understood her plight as mother. Well, I say that she also would never understood camaraderie between men built on going to war together for years. What a selfish woman.

She deluded herself thinking that her son had what it took to become an emperor, even saying to Qi Yuan that his father gave the throne to him because Cheng Rui thought him capable. Oh my ..... she needed to have her brain checked. Cheng Rui chose Qi Yuan only because he was her son. No more no less. No one, no one could contend with Cheng Xu for the throne, except his own love toward Ming Yu.

Also, I was wrong before saying that Ming Yu asked Cheng Xu to relinquish his military power. The correct one is Ming Yu asked Cheng Xu to basically give all his powerto Qi Yuan. I don't know what will happen with his power in military but I guess in the end Ming Yu will ask that from him, too until he is powerless. I am glad that at least Cheng Xu died while he was still in full power. He didn't die in poor and disgrace but full of glory and dignity.

Ming Yu deserved to live the rest of her life in regret. And she deserved losing her son early (I know in Chinese culture, it is considered very painful for parents to have their child die before them). And Qi Yuan deserved losing his beloved wife and son. Yes, both of them are redeemed in the end. But their wrong was far too great to be absolved by a simple sorry and giving posthumous title to Cheng Xu. Since dead person feel and want nothing. It was simply too late. 

And that Helan Yun Qi ..... Did she really think saying sorry in her husband behalf to Cheng Xu was enough to absolve everything? Cheng Rui literally destroyed Cheng Xu life. If she was truly sorry, then she should not wait until her deathbed to say her piece. I deemed her as disgusting as her husband. 

.... Sorry for the long post. I really need to rant ....

@ Xien_Rue  hmm after watching the subbed episodes I can feel your anguish and disappointment towards Ming Yu I think MingYu character is the worst Female leads ever in this decade hmm I hope they don't waste resources(ChengYi)  to remake an old  bad historical palace dramas

Drama Empress:

@ Xien_Rue  hmm after watching the subbed episodes I can feel your anguish and disappointment towards Ming Yu I think MingYu character is the worst Female leads ever in this decade hmm I hope they don't waste resources(ChengYi)  to remake an old  bad historical palace dramas

They really need to release his other finished drama quick, the one which he get the girl. I need to wash the bitter taste from my mouth.

And no, re-watching L&R couldn't do it for me. I need a brand new drama as medicine

Eclipse02 

14 hours ago

@Eliteles1

Thank you for sharing this article! :D

Yes indeed, thanks to Liuli, the drama introduce me to Cheng Yi, a person that has remarkable talent and beautiful soul. The drama really open the door for him, he finally get the recognition that he trully deserve. All the characters that he played, has been distinctively different and unique in his own way, i will forever love his Si Feng and Xiao Cheng Xu and will continue to love his future characters. When i see his dramas before Liuli, you could see he does has potential and he keep continue to learn and passionately love acting. And all his hard efforts are harvesting now. I hope he will continue to have this positive attitude towards life and humble, it will be his provision to break through all that life challenges that might come.

About Happy Camp, yes i also a bit worry of him, but his fans is coming to the studio to support him, so i hope he can relax and just enjoy the show.

@Xien_Rue

Yes i am also happy that his fans love him for what he really is. Hope he will remain strong and be himself. Just ignore all that stupid noises, they will become silent when they see your brilliant performances.

eliteles1

(Welcome! These are the feelings of all of us true fans of Cheng Yi. We wish him the best. (Glad his Chinese fans are organizing to support him at Happy Camp). May everything go well there. (It will be the second time in 4 years that he has participated in this tv show. The first time (he was a stranger, most of the his scenes on the show were cut.) (But today, he is a star who has honorably reached the recognition. We’ll see what it’s like there now.) We wish him the best.)

Xien_Rue:

They really need to release his other finished drama quick, the one which he get the girl. I need to wash the bitter taste from my mouth.

And no, re-watching L&R couldn't do it for me. I need a brand new drama as medicine

still, we have to wait till early 2021 to get to see a new drama from him

WandereR:

It's actually not bad, quite light hearted generally. It's one of the few pure wuxia dramas this year that's really good, just that this one is more comedy than serious. Probably in the top 5 this year for the wuxia theme.

Thanks !!!!

I'm rooting for Deep Lurk (2021) at least we can see some badass moves from him in this military espionage drama

Drama Empress:

still, we have to wait till early 2021 to get to see a new drama from him

No: "Deep Lurk" is about to be released (it's a drama about a spy (Cheng Yi) who seeks justice for the death of his father. That's what I understood.
 eliteles1:
No: "Deep Lurk" is about to be released (it's a drama about a spy (Cheng Yi) who seeks justice for the death of his father. That's what I understood.

Really? When????