@Xien_Rue

About MingYu, i found this interesting article that really describe her.

https://medium.com/@twisha.anand/dear-love-blinded-mothers-become-helpers-not-accomplices-15fbab871144

So true, because she is so blinded in her love toward her son, she actively become the one who is doing his dirty work to achieve what her son want, no matter how undeserved her son is.

And i think part of it, is because she never taught him properly how hard is the responsibility he has as the king. He doesn't understand the meaning of "earn" your power. That is why Jingnan trip important to Qi Yuan, it is the learning that if he doesn't being handed down the title of the king to him, what does he really can do actually. The humiliation give him the sense of humble and sympatize with his people. Because if based on his ability at the time, there is a lot people out there who have more ability than him, and it is not just to rule for the sake of it, but to make the country that will last for centuries. And he also learn to appreciate his uncle ChengXu.

And another reason why she failed, because she and Qi Yuan both privilege people, who is born to be prince and princess and get shelter/protect for all of their life. Unlike ChengXu, that although he has the privilege, but his life always constantly in danger so he learn the hard way first hand.

Xien_Rue:

Now about Li Yan. This character has a sensual masculinity or something of the sort that didn't present in either Si Feng or Cheng Xu. The way Cheng Yi acts this character is very sensual and seductive. Li Yan literally is oozed with confidence aura. There is not even one drop of naivety in his blood. 

If his Si Feng already could drive his fangirls crazy, his Li Yan will be able to do much more, hahaha.

Kekekke.. i think this is what they called "the bad boy type whom the girls all crazy about" LOL It is the next homme fatale..

@WandereR 

I am joining the smirk with you LOL

Eclipse02:
It is the next homme fatale..

Hehe, you know what?  This almost sounds like perfume!

Alluring, seductive, confidence, masculinity... Chang'an Awakening Homme Fatale EDP by Cheng Yi.

LOL.

LoveSiYehan:

Um...is he playing a villain here or some kind of anti-hero?? And why do we see same cast from L&R here again???  If it goes on like this, it will become monotonous

Yes the story is still unclear. But judging from his portrayal, i think he is somekind of antihero. I have read the novel that being based on for the drama. But the story in the novel is a bit different from the drama portrayal. In the novel, the main lead is Li Rong, who is the little brother of Li Yan. He is the domineering type because in his childhood, he constantly bully even by the eunuch in the palace. Maybe because his mother died young. He's in love with Zhang Yu Xi character name Bing Er (the drama has different name for her). And Li Yan's in love with her sister. Before he become the king, he kinda like an errand boy who did all the dirty work from eunuch Qiu Shi Lang (the most powerful eunuch in the palace), to protect his weak king brother. Li Yan and Li Rong are working together to bring down eunuch Qiu's power. They called him, their god father.  I think the drama, emerge these 2 characters into 1 as Li Yan only.

About the same casts from L&R, yes the reason is because they are in the same company that produce the drama (HR). But i don't think it become a problem. In The Promise of Chang'an, they also used the same actors, but i see them in their own new roles, so i didn't get distract by their previous role in L&R. Because i think all of them are good in acting according their own roles. I personally like Han Cheng Yu, he can become so different character, in L&R as Brother Liu who is so lovable, and in this drama he is Qi Han, 1st son of Cheng Rui, who is also a spoiled brat like all his brothers.

WandereR:

Hehe, you know what?  This almost sounds like perfume!

Alluring, seductive, confidence, masculinity... Chang'an Awakening Homme Fatale EDP by Cheng Yi.

LOL.

Wkwkkwkwkk..  i think he should endorse perfume ads LOL

https://twitter.com/i/status/1319704411086548994

Cristal Yuan answering a question from fans on October 23rd.

This vid is from Weibo.Roughly translated as ; Fan : When would you enter set(filming again)? #YuanBingyan : Soon! I am sure I have to choose the one that I like right?Cannot be too much of a rush,right?Don’t worry I am a workaholic too. Fans: Really looking forward

Eclipse02:
About MingYu, i found this interesting article that really describe her.

https://medium.com/@twisha.anand/dear-love-blinded-mothers-become-helpers-not-accomplices-15fbab871144

This is 100% Ming Yu!! This is an extreme side of motherhood that only care of protecting but not nurturing. The other extreme side would be nurture bordering abuse.

I am very much in agreement that 90% of a child failure to grow up as responsible person with moral an integrity lies with his/her parents. Mother has much higher influence because it is her that spends more time with her children than the father. 

Ming Yu is so blind toward Qi Yuan capability of being cruel. How could she treat Yan Hai death so cheap like that just because it was her son who caused it? How could she think Cheng Xu that will wave all out just by her apology? I was so annoyed everytime she talked about motherhood with Cheng Xu, citing he would never understand her plight. Perhaps Cheng Xu needed to counter it with : she would never understand how he and Yan Hai go to war together bracing life and death.

Eclipse02:

Wkwkkwkwkk..  i think he should endorse perfume ads LOL

Perhaps after Meng Xing Chang An aired, hahahaha. Taking on Li Yan character make it seems that he finally graduated from pure hero character. 

Aaaahhh, I want to watch it already! I am so spoiled watching 2 Cheng Yi drama back to back before any waiting moment in between. I hope they will release Deep Lurk this year

Xien_Rue:

Perhaps after Meng Xing Chang An aired, hahahaha. Taking on Li Yan character make it seems that he finally graduated from pure hero character. 

Aaaahhh, I want to watch it already! I am so spoiled watching 2 Cheng Yi drama back to back before any waiting moment in between. I hope they will release Deep Lurk this year

Yes i also welcome his new characterization... LOL I know! I just hope they keep releasing more teasers and new drama plzz.. in the meantime i like to find out more about his character in his new drama based on the novel.. 

About Yan Hai, actually ChengXu already mention how much Yan Hai mean to him, he is able to survive at his 1st battle because of him keep mentioning her name, along the way their journey to return. But we already know what happen after that. Well i guess her priority setting is on different wave. 

Eclipse02:

Yes i also welcome his new characterization... LOL I know! I just hope they keep releasing more teasers and new drama plzz.. in the meantime i like to find out more about his character in his new drama based on the novel.. 

Keep us updated on what you find in the novel ya :)

My impression of Meng Xing Chang'an is that it is more a wuxia in a palace setting rather than a palace drama complete with succession struggle and harem politics.  After all, this reminds me of Ming dynasty plots involving the evil eunuchs and various other investigative agencies.

I have a good feeling about this one, it looks refreshing.

WandereR:

Keep us updated on what you find in the novel ya :)

My impression of Meng Xing Chang'an is that it is more a wuxia in a palace setting rather than a palace drama complete with succession struggle and harem politics.  After all, this reminds me of Ming dynasty plots involving the evil eunuchs and various other investigative agencies.

I have a good feeling about this one, it looks refreshing.

Okay wish me luck LOL 

I also hope that is where Mengxin Chang'an angle will be. I don't mind with succession struggle, just don't harem politics, i am a bit allergy by it because The Promise of Chang'an LOL

(Text sooooo poetic !!!! And from the heart of a true fan to another.). This report is wonderful, it talks about Cheng Yi's tearful characters (It is not a sin for a man to cry!). 

From "Liu Li" to "Chang'an Nuo" Cheng Yi interprets to torment the heart with tears, it is not a sin for a man to cry!

October 01, 2020 08:34

Cheng Yi worked hard in the film and television industry for ten years. From a young man who is the best player, he became the hero of the great drama. He became "August Boyfriend" with the popularity of "Liu Li" (Love and Redemption). He won over the audience with his acting skills. From "Liu Li" (Love and Redemption) to "Chang'an Nuo" (Promise of Chang An), from Yu Sifeng to Xiao Chengxu, Cheng Yi almost became the spokesman for the abusive male protagonist. Cheng Yi touched the heart of the world with his cry. I must say that Cheng Yi is really the male protagonist who cries the most, a man who uses his life to cry for acting. He played Sifeng, Xiao Chengxu and Lieutenant Zhang. He is the representative of beauty and misery.

He looks like a kind boy, but his heart is very strong. He makes people feel sorry and anguished when he cries like a pear blossom. This is the performance of Cheng Yi. Seeing Cheng Yi laughing and crying with red eyes, it is estimated that everyone's mind is obsessed with Si Feng in "Liu Li" (Love and Redemption) and Xiao Chengxu in "Chang Annuo" (Promise of Chang An)!

It is estimated that many viewers who like Cheng Yi will think: why does Cheng Yi always assume such a sad role? Why is Cheng Yi always hurt? Why does Cheng Yi always play such a sadistic role? The next is "Dream Awakening Chang'an" Although Cheng Yi plays the emperor, he is still a heartbreaking role. Every successful actor will start with their own iconic "label" and begin a journey of thousands of kilometers.

I wonder if everyone thinks that Cheng Yi cried so beautifully, wouldn't they think he would waste his talent if he wasn't asked to act?

In my opinion, Cheng Yi is the actor who cries the most. No matter how good the acting is, Liuli (Love and Redemption) lets me watch enough. Si Feng cried and broke his heart so many times! The actor is not fully committed, and it is extremely difficult to act in that state, as if he were not only playing that role, but in fact in the joys, sorrows and sorrows of a person living beside him. In the end, I love to see him cry, because that is the natural process of valuing his performance: crying in despair and pain, crying in the hope of a humble plea, crying in nostalgia for sadness, in short, there are many types of emotions, but it gives to understand what kind of emotion it is, because it’s so real and enough.

In love, we look back and forth, weigh our interests, but gradually forget what love is like. Xuanji loves Sifeng by intuition, even with her glass heart, Sifeng will not hesitate, like moths to the fire, with a dedication and a sacrificial love full of sadness, but no matter what happens, the two are always the same emotionally, because they love with their hearts. Love needs everything, the only thing that is not necessary is reason, only with the heart can people move with emotion.

Xiao Chengxu of Cheng Yi in "Chang'annuo" (Promise of Chang An) I actually didn't want to watch this show. Furthermore, Han Dong also played Dorgon. It was also very good. But when I saw him in some scenes, I was caught. After the conquest, I finally realized that it was no accident that Sifeng's crying scene was so striking, and the scenes that lost loved ones were absolutely strong. It was like hitting a sea of swords and flames, it was really heartbreaking, and I was especially sympathetic to the weak, so I had to watch their drama to support it.

Seeing Cheng Yi's crying scene, it's hard not to be infected, because it's just crying for life, draining all of your energy and strength. I still remembered Lin Jingyu when I watched him (in Noble Aspirations Aka Legend of Chusen) in 2016, but I never expected to see his crying scene a few years later. Although it is extremely under abuse and suffering, you can simply watch and accompany it. He's already been mistreated and punished, I don't know how it is, maybe I don't want to leave him alone and left to cry!

Other times, you may feel that the actor is not crying enough, but seeing him cry you will feel unbearable pain from him, so I just want to do this and stop crying. Some people may say that this is what an actor should do, but not every actor can do that. He can put himself wholeheartedly and cry invested in the character, you can't say he didn't cry. But others can only use tricks.

Seeing him cry with red eyes and a swollen face, I was so touched and I know that people could understand the feeling that he was losing his beloved love. He was indeed heartbroken. There was no way not to say it, and then he gave in to tears. The feeling of being empty, physically and mentally exhausted, so I feel like crying with his life, so his crying scene has a broken feeling, making people feel that the whole world owes him, and finally understand why Si Feng can cry so well. Because, undoubtedly, he is so involved in his works, because Xiao Chengxu's crying scene (from the drama Promise of Chang An) before is also full of explosive power, which shows a consistent actor's attitude.

In fact, for me, it doesn't matter how hot the flow is. I only care about Cheng Yi's seriousness. He said: "Only when I am 100% invested and consider myself on paper, can I perform well." From this perspective, they are all good actors. Otherwise, no matter how good it looks, no one is unusual. I really hate the kind of malicious damage that delays worthy actors. It really affects my mood. I just want to watch the drama and see the acting actors. I am touched to enjoy it and I hope that those actors who really work hard, will be rewarded.

From "Liu Li" (Love and Redemption) to "Chang'an Nuo" (Promise of Chang An) are Cheng Yi's deeply touching and suffering tears and interpretation. Because Cheng Yi has always taken the role of sadness. No, why,

his "red eyes, laughing and crying" are really given over to acting. I hope to see more of Cheng Yi's deliberate interpretation. I also thought of Sifeng's words, "just reluctance, not worth it", "The curse of the lover is affectionate and unbreakable, but the world is cold, but unbreakable. Sifeng crosses the sword and the sea and finally continues to see the I sigh that Chengyi cannot stop his words and swords and his disgust is rare. Are you reading, what are your expectations for Chengyi? Welcome everyone to leave a comment, remember to pay attention to the screenwriter, me! The next article is more exciting ...

Source: https://cj.sina.com.cn/articles/view/6868016600/1995d9dd800100pjfh?cre=tianyi&mod=pcpager_news&loc=28&r=9&rfunc=98&tj=none&tr=9

https://twitter.com/Young_Huchun/status/1320760879030374400?s=20
Why is Cheng Yi getting IV (with serum in his vein)  in here? When was that ?

eliteles1:

https://twitter.com/Young_Huchun/status/1320760879030374400?s=20
Why is Cheng Yi getting IV (with serum in his vein)  in here? When was that ?

Eclipse02 9 minutes ago

No that is not Cheng Yi. It's Liu Cheng Yi chinese boyband CZ404 LOL

eliteles1:

Eclipse02 9 minutes ago

No that is not Cheng Yi. It's Liu Cheng Yi chinese boyband CZ404 LOL

Wow they look too much !!!!!! (What a relief, isn't him!)