Eclipse02:
Yes his Li Yan is so different devilish vibe when he was Si Feng acting as Moshaxing. Especially that smirk he gave when he is in front of the mirror making that monolog. Even that scene he has with the same red clothes and the way he lay down, he give different vibe with his gaze. He does have that duality vibe in Li Yan, both good and evil. Whereas in Moshaxing, he only pretend to be evil. His eyes didn't give evil vibe, because of the inner side of Si Feng who is kind. No wonder Yuenlang doesn't trust him. I guess it took evil to recognize evil hukh LOL.

Yes Zhang Yu Xi acting is good in here, her innocence image that she portrayed and the sorrow look she gave in 1.27 and 2.27.

And the loving gaze they both look at each other.  I am looking forward to see their performance in here. And i think the story will be so interesting.

Yes, you noticed that too!  The smirk during his monologue in front of the mirror is spot on, this is a new expression indeed.  And agree on the duality vibes - there's a twinkle in his eyes compared to L&R when there was overwhelming goodness in him (he might as well be wearing a halo above his head lol)

This new "side" of him is very appealing and I appreciate it a lot.

WandereR 38 seconds ago

Yes, you noticed that too!  The smirk during his monologue in front of the mirror is spot on, this is a new expression indeed.  And agree on the duality vibes - there's a twinkle in his eyes compared to L&R when there was overwhelming goodness in him (he might as well be wearing a halo above his head lol)This new "side" of him is very appealing and I appreciate it a lot.

LOL Halo... yes indeed Si Feng truly is a saint... Yes i wonder what kind of evil does he actually do/possesed to have that kind of personality? I can't wait to discover it. Yes his new side,, it is very alluring and seductive LOL I think even if he does act as a villain, we will still take his side over the good guy LOL

Eclipse02:

WandereR 38 seconds ago

Yes, you noticed that too!  The smirk during his monologue in front of the mirror is spot on, this is a new expression indeed.  And agree on the duality vibes - there's a twinkle in his eyes compared to L&R when there was overwhelming goodness in him (he might as well be wearing a halo above his head lol)This new "side" of him is very appealing and I appreciate it a lot.

LOL Halo... yes indeed Si Feng truly is a saint... Yes i wonder what kind of evil does he actually do/possesed to have that kind of personality? I can't wait to discover it. Yes his new side,, it is very alluring and seductive LOL I think even if he does act as a villain, we will still take his side over the good guy LOL

Guys,what are you all talking about here??? Please don't keep me out of anything Sifeng 

LoveSiYehan:

Guys,what are you all talking about here??? Please don't keep me out of anything Sifeng 

LOL We were talking about how different "evil"vibe of his Li Yan compare to Si Feng's "Moshaxing" 

LoveSiYehan:

Watch this and tell us what  you think :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlksU0do1Jk 

@Eclipse02

Regarding The Promise of Chang An, I think Ming Yu was under a spell that made she thought that her son was this smart boy deserved to be an emperor. She thought that his child was the best and deserved everything. No wonder Qi Yuan grew up to be a spoiled and spiteful child who had no regard of everyone else. She was a failure as mother. 

Ming Yu character made me as a female re-think a lot about motherhood. Is it really something that could make you this heartless and entitled? In my mind, motherhood is the biggest responsibility that could ever be given to a woman (and to parents in bigger picture). You are responsible in developing someone so that he/she grows up to be a wise person who contribute to society positively. If your child ever does wrong, then it will be your responsibility to punish and set him/her straight. Before someone else can have a chance to discipline your child, you must do it first yourself.

But here, watching Ming Yu, motherhood in her mouth sounded like a curse to everyone else. She refused to discipline her son. The most she did was only a slap which did nothing at all. And then she just gave up. She only strategized, manipulated people to help her son had what he wanted. But she never once thought what her son would become as person in the future. If Cheng Xu didn't die and finally snapped something inside Qi Yuan head, I am sure this boy will grow up to become a cruel emperor. For Ming Yu to unable to foresee this, she was truly live on her own fantasy.

Now about Li Yan. This character has a sensual masculinity or something of the sort that didn't present in either Si Feng or Cheng Xu. The way Cheng Yi acts this character is very sensual and seductive. Li Yan literally is oozed with confidence aura. There is not even one drop of naivety in his blood. 

If his Si Feng already could drive his fangirls crazy, his Li Yan will be able to do much more, hahaha.

Xien_Rue:

Now about Li Yan. This character has a sensual masculinity or something of the sort that didn't present in either Si Feng or Cheng Xu. The way Cheng Yi acts this character is very sensual and seductive. Li Yan literally is oozed with confidence aura. There is not even one drop of naivety in his blood. 

If his Si Feng already could drive his fangirls crazy, his Li Yan will be able to do much more, hahaha.

@Eclipse02:  Alluring, seductive

@Xien_Rue: Sensual masculinity, seductive, confidence aura

@Me: Agree 100% with all of the above

I hope it airs in January 2021... *my own monologue complete with smirk too*

XD

WandereR:

Um...is he playing a villain here or some kind of anti-hero?? And why do we see same cast from L&R here again???  If it goes on like this, it will become monotonous

I am in ep 48 of TPoC, and I can safely say that Wayin(?..that sister who died) and YuYing have been right all along, this Mingyu is a first class scheming,calculating and manipulative B*TCH (yeah, she deserved capital letters!)who truly hides her true colours well, and our Chengxu is such a fool in love,poor guy lost all his chances because of her and he still believes that she has him in her heart...

WandereR:

And what is this drama??? When is it airing? Where to watch with english subtitles ( cursing myself I don't understand Mandarin)

LoveSiYehan:

Um...is he playing a villain here or some kind of anti-hero?? And why do we see same cast from L&R here again???  If it goes on like this, it will become monotonous

At this point in time, I really can't say for sure but his character should be the protagonist.  The same cast is because they're all from the same management agency, so they get involved in the same projects.

There are some different faces in the main cast, like the villain.

LoveSiYehan:

And what is this drama??? When is it airing? Where to watch with english subtitles ( cursing myself I don't understand Mandarin)

It's a new drama called Awakening of Chang'an.  It's supposed to air next year.

WandereR:

It's a new drama called Awakening of Chang'an.  It's supposed to air next year.

Chang'an again.??..like it's a sequel to The Promise of Chang'an?.Nah..that couldn't be...what does Chang'an mean??

LoveSiYehan:

Chang'an again.??..like it's a sequel to The Promise of Chang'an?.Nah..that couldn't be...what does Chang'an mean??

Chang'an is the ancient capital of some of the Chinese dynasties.