Hi M,

I thought you would have finished GL a while ago.

Well she had a son with the previous emperor, and she has nothing to do with the current one. So what's left is the son which is King An. So a bit farfetched.

Ah Yuan suddenly became so skilled... her kungfu is so inconsistent... can bring down so many assassins etc.  And she had to hide in the FL's room... if King An wanted to kill her, need to poison her? Just get her on a mission to be killed.

For the King An, he was the one that reported ruyi involvement... so no one told the FL? Such important info, just to get the misunderstanding plot?

The master did say she unknowingly got into deep shit, but what did she expect by extorting a high ranking good officer? Just money without lives involved?

The Father must die to make the misunderstanding worse. And what is the purpose of the ML burning down the ruyi building when the operations are elsewhere? Just because he hates ruyi? is he so immaturely stupid? And why would he want the FIL to be in there, did they think why he was there? Yes, I realised that the addressing of title. He should have called him FIL outside official duties.

My friend is going through divorce... yes everything can just let the lawyer handle but you need to have a lot of money. It is not complicated but the paperwork sure is.

You can start and let me know how... we haven't seen a modern one since LIS.

Hi C

I thought you are up to date with I really want to be with you.  Which one is the one you wanted me to start first?

I missed some episodes of GL so catching up now. 

My husband bought 2 R2E2 for $4.

King An used mommy’s boy to burn down Ruyi. FL thought is was ML as he was ordered by the Emperor to destroy Ruyi and she saw the guards outside Ruyi but they were fake. King An just use people then he gets rid of them. Mommy’s boy deviated from original plan. He went cuckoo after his parents’ death. Maybe he blamed FL’s father for the breakup of engagement so he lure him there. 

I don’t get the logic behind living in seclusion. The previous emperor is gone so where’s the threat?Makes no sense. 

Too bad for 5th prince but he’s better off with another girl.    

Hey C

I have finally finished with GL.

I have also watched the 4 bonus episodes of Ruyi Pavilion.

ML looks just as good in modern day and FL is really pretty though I don’t quite like her sense of dressing. I like her dressed in period costumes.

Wen Xing looks better in modern day and so does Mr Ge. Wen Ping as he’s now known as looks just as good. I like him better here.

What a shame there’s  no second leads though it’s  nice to see Xu Jia and Qiao Ba(he’s alive!).

Glad it’s happy ending. Perhaps  they’ll do a modern drama with the same casts... there’s some hints and fans are requesting that.

I’ve not started on any new dramas yet. Happy to re-watch some scenes of Ruyi.

Hi M,

I am on 2 C-dramas now, Begin Again and Be With You - Both are easy to watch and they are releasing slowly so I am up to date with both. You can start the latter and let me know...

Great that you finished GL, the bonus episodes of Ruyi - is it worth watching? TBH I haven't even watched TSP alternate ending. The bonus episodes are modern setting?

The mangoes are so cheap - is there an oversupply? I think I'd go get some later.

The thing about King An is that he didn't even seem remorseful that the FL'a dad got killed... he was just "too bad"... so that makes it even weirder that he'll kill himself. If he did so after finding out the truth about the mom prob makes more sense.

5th prince actually did well in the end - so it as just too bad the lady he loved got into bad company.

I am rewatching Jdrama "pride", have been wanting to do that for a while...

Hi C

I thought I replied but the message got lost.

If you have the time you can watch the bonus episodes. They are short 15-18 minutes and the last one under 5 minutes. Just a few of the casts-ML,FL,SML, Wen Xing, Xu Jia, Mr Ge, Xiao Ba and photo of Ji Qing Ting. I like FL here-she’s more caring towards ML. ML is still the same -very protective over FL. As usual he’s quiet. ZZH looks good here but his bangs are a bit too long. JJY dresses like the popstar that she is. Make up is not too overly done. 

Don’t know why mangoes are so cheap this year. Usually later in the season.

I am watching Something Just Like This. I like it-easy to watch and ML (Johnny Huang)is eye candy. Quite a number of kissing scenes mid way through the drama but very natural. Will watch his new movie Oversized Love which he co-star with Darren Chen ( My Unicorn Girl). It’s on big screen this Thursday. 

I got a bottle of Glenfiddich from work yesterday as well a few cases of wines, sparkling wines, a case of beer, gin & tonic earlier on.

Edited 

Hi M,

Yeah it happens...

The bonus episodes, I searched for it - did it just start with FL taking care of ML running a fever? It was so abrupt or what we call "no head no tail" here... ML, what is wrong with his hairstylist? I go to work with my hair better done up than him... It is just so messy. I agree that I don't really like the way the FL dresses, a bit too quirky for her looks. Her dubbing sounded so weird in a modern setting. King An is really cute though. Anyway I didn't manage beyond 6 minutes as since it didn't have any link to the main story, I am not sure what they are doing here without any background synopsis etc...

Didn't manage to buy my mangoes, too many chores...

I will stick to the 2 C-Dramas I am watching and maybe re-watch some of the dramas slowly. I just finished "Pride" in 2 days...

Ooo... My Fav is Glenfiddich 18 years which I have a bottle I am drinking very slowly... I am still a beer guy. I just bought a few IPA from States and the taste is quite intensely good.

Hey C, 

I chose a case of 4 pines from co. Too bad we’re not in the same city otherwise will pass some to you. I am saving my Glenfiddich to take back to my mother . My husband can drink with her. 18 years old is pretty expensive. You’ve got good taste. 

No, it started with him standing on the tower where he goes when he’s troubled. He’s been hanging around for 1000 years waiting for her . The landscape changes rapidly from the ancient setting to the modern to depict the 10 centuries. Although it doesn’t tell what happened to her nor why he’s still alive  it’s not a ‘bo tau bo booi’ story.

ML’s hair is unkempt. ( lol I like your comment about better hairdo).It’s quite weird to see Ruyi Pavilion amongst the modern setting . I think the scriptwriter wanted the viewers to know they re-built Ruyi Pavilion. I like the modern look of both King An and Wen Xing but King An is still very stilted in his conversation. He looks good here. 

Try Something just like this when you finish re-watching your dramas. I like it better than LIS. The ML is very natural. He’s somewhat avuncular but it suits him. The FL is like a child-she’s very small but acting is ok. I think I will watch his new movie tomorrow since it’s my free day-trying to use up my vouchers.

Edit:FL proposed to ML a fake marriage which he accepted. The scene you watched is after they  got married. The contract is for one month as he was ageing rapidly and will not have long to live. He just wanted to see her again. She found out about his condition and was adamant to stay with him. 

Hi M,

I get 4 Pines Pale Ale quite frequently too! There is an online store that brings in at a good price and same day delivery. I am not a frequent drinker of Whiskey so a bottle lasts me a while - so it is not too expensive :)

OIC, then the streaming service got it wrong... I went to 2 sites and the part 1 all started with him lying on the bed... I will go look for the real part 1 tonight. Then it makes sense, I was the one who got it wrong... LOL

Yeah, I watch the part when FL was in Ruyi Lou and also mentioned about Feng Lai Yi... I was hoping to see WBQ and FL Sister but didn't manage to. King An looks really cute here... with the glsses he actually looks the same young style as the FL...  The ML on the other hand is more suited for the period dramas look, period. LOL.

I will try SJLT tonight, I like the easy watch C-Dramas nowadays so it should be good for me. What movie are you catching? Nowdays in Singapore the gov is giving voucher to visit places in interest so they can sustain...

We have signed up for the Vaccine, the first in Asia! Hope it comes out real fast... it is expensive though, alomost 40 bucks per dose...

And now the relationship bet. China and Australia being all over the news...

Hey C

I watched Ruyi on Iqiyi. I like 2ML. No WBQ and FL sister. 2ML give advise to FL how to get close to ML. I like the part at the amusement park on Christmas eve when ML told FL that to her it’s a dream but to him it’s real. The 4 episodes linked to the past as it shows FL knows ML doesn’t take ginger and garlic and ML knows about FL’s allergy. FL is more considerate here and I like how she boldly pursues ML. Agree-ML looks more suited for period drama.

Is the vaccine free for Singaporean seniors ? What is the waitlist like? Apparently the vaccine is free for Malaysians.

We use Samsung and IPhone , thankfully not Huawei. Hopefully China will not boycott Australian unis and the relationship can be mended soon. 

Just watching SJLT. I like easy watch dramas. The casts are pleasant to watch. The other girl is from Well dominated love.

edit : the movie is called Oversize Love 月半爱丽丝

https://mydramalist.com/33146-xx-love

Hi M,

The bonus episodes - it all started with the ML falling sick on the bed and FL taking care of him. Then 2nd episode is on the tower you mentioned... Yes I saw the part 2ML spoke to FL in Ruyi Pavilion on how to get close to the ML - so is that the second episode instead?

No concrete arrangements on the vaccine yet... Singapore is pretty fast on this, collaborating on the one dose very early.

Huawei is pretty okay here too due to the good camera. But with the recent developments think it will be phased out. Majority here Samsung and iPhone as well.

I haven't started on SJLT as they released all episodes of Be with you and Begin again so I complete those 2... Nine-tailed fox is finished as well but I thought it was quite difficult to watch and didn't complete.

So how was the movie?

Hi C

I think on YouTube it’s different. On Iqiyi Ep 41 started with the tower and they got married in that episode.Ep 42 is the scene on the bed when FL took care of ML when he had a fever.  Same episode where 2ML gave her tips to get close to ML and FL did up the tie for ML( horribly done but he liked it)

I have not started on Be with you. Still watching SJLT.

The movie was ok only-the lead actress was not too good. Johnny Huang was good. He was very natural in SJLT too.  Storyline is like Alice in Wonderland. Start of the movie was good though and I laughed so much. Luckily I was the only one in the movie theater. 

I heard Huawei heats up fast but quality of pics are good.

Like I mentioned before,I watched Vanguard yesterday.  Let me know what you think of it when you get to watching it. 

@K , if you are interested I’ll message the link to you. 

Many countries are offering vaccine early next year. Not going to be the first ones to get them. 

Edit: there’s a new drama in early 2021 entitled Who rules the world 且试天下 with Yang Yang and Zhao Lusi

Hi M,

I try to see if I am able to view it on iQiyi... wasn't able to the last time I tried. I can start on SJLT already since I have completed the rest.

The lead actress I think is the same for Perfect and Casual... did a bit of reading on her before I started Perfect and Casual... didn't manage to finish episode one... It is supposed to be like be with you that's why I tried watching but it is too exaggerating for me...

Huawei folding phone is also cool, but expensive...

I may try to catch Vanguard with my family on TV. You mentioned you wanted to go catch movies using your voucher, which did you catch?

YY and ZLS seems like a fun pairing... YY cannot get out of his CP situation with ZS from love o2o

Hi C

No the FL is Wu Jin Yan from Yanxi Palace.

Vanguard is not shown in Australia.Vanguard is on paytv in Singapore?

I am going to use vouchers for Wonder Woman. 

These days phones are very expensive.

Yes netizens like to ship YY and ZS together. I agree YY and ZLS are a good pairing better than with the uncle whatever his name is.

I love Love O2O . His acting is better there , more suitable for him though I do like his martial arts . He doesn’t have much dialogue -better that way. When you watch you’ll understand. 

I hope you like SJLT ,waiting to discuss with you.

Yo M,

I meant the Xu Ruo Han from Vanguard is in Perfect and Casual... I saw the trailers on the big screen, I think it was shown in cinemas.

Yah I caught SJLT over 2 evenings, WJY looks familiar and I saw that she was in Yanxi.... There is another period drama she is good in. I am up to the part when they were having a competition with Yun. The starting was quite fun, a bit slow when they were starting up and now the pace is back. I get what you mean that it is easy to watch... Basically the characters in it are super easygoing, even the "baddie"... almost too easygoing lol. I like the Dad though, he is super cool. One thing it is 47 episodes so I am expecting many slow scenes, the comments suggests so too.

Wonder Woman, I should be catching it at home when it releases on video.

ZLS and YY is still okay... YY seems to be more suited to someone more womanly or cool like ZS. ZLS is too adorable. I'd like to her her with Steven Zhang... and yeah, or any other rather than the old dude... lol

Love o2o is a uniquely simple film, either you like it or hate it. I think be with you is quite similar, the ML is godly and unattainable - it just works for girls who loves fairy tales. YY acting so far I think is better in King's Avatar... though he has more lines in it lol

SJLT like you said is easy to watch - no really frustrating moments... some of the interactions are quirky and perculiar... Just wished the ML is more capable rather than relying on luck and his contacts.... of course this makes it more believable.

Edit:

The best friend of the FL is the dancer in OMSL ya? I just finished ep. 9 and first part of ep. 10. Can't stand the ML, just a spoiled brat. The whole workplace is like a joke. Think I am going to drop it.

Hi M!

Legend of Fei started yesterday with 10 episodes released and I caught 5. So far so good, a bit slow but I like how the story goes, really the wuxia kinda plot (Unlike the wolf show LOL). Maybe we can discuss if you keen to start it?