Heyo I made a google docs info guide over untamed. It has the 5 clans, the important characters of each clan, spiritual objects, novel timeline, ect. It's not too good since it's a bit messy with some mistakes but I tried my best. 

Hope u guys like it

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-4VxgbiWiscdqk9FOEb8gj8oNoi4QwZzXsbuqfXlxVU/edit?usp=sharing 

Thank you very much for your info guide because it helps me to understand the Untamed drama better.  I started watching the drama because of the high review points and the hype.  But I was totally confused the whole time, and I didn't get why the series was very popular.  Perhaps I didn't read the novel or watch the anime, but still the series didn't draw me at all.  Don't get me wrong.  I like fantasy, action-thriller genre, but somehow,  I just don't get this Untamed drama, unlike the famous drama Eternal Love  aka 10 Miles of Peach Blossoms.  Perhaps I am too old for this drama.... LOL.... 

np I'm glad I can help! yeah dw I was just as confused as you were when I first started the drama, there were way so many names just for 1 person for each sect. This is my first Chinese drama and novel so you can imagine just how lost I was since I didn't know of their culture well but it's pretty interesting. Each time I had to look up their names I got a bit annoying for me so I made the docs to access the names and stuff better. 

Helen Ladymeow:

Thank you very much for your info guide because it helps me to understand the Untamed drama better.  I started watching the drama because of the high review points and the hype.  But I was totally confused the whole time, and I didn't get why the series was very popular.  Perhaps I didn't read the novel or watch the anime, but still the series didn't draw me at all.  Don't get me wrong.  I like fantasy, action-thriller genre, but somehow,  I just don't get this Untamed drama, unlike the famous drama Eternal Love  aka 10 Miles of Peach Blossoms.  Perhaps I am too old for this drama.... LOL.... 

Everyone have different taste, i don't think it has anything to do with age.  Its not like this is some childish drama. Its tackles mature themes and conflict. 

amazing doc! i wish it existed when i was watching because i had to check out wiki everytime when i was confused and it spoiled several plot twists to me lol.

(you picked the perfect picture for Jingyi haha!)

ikr it was a hassle, it sucked when I kept seeing the spoilers on wiki. 

Lol thanks xD he's so adorable 

@Legendary Hero

Thank you so much for the document. I must kudo to you for even getting the map! When all the locations were mentioned in the drama, I had a hard time in figuring out in my mind where is where. Now, you've put everything in perspective. How did you manage to do that?

Maybe you should also turn this document into an article so that more MDL members get to read it. 

Great job!

I'm re-posting this invaluable article here to help new viewers in understanding Chinese fantasy:

Insight into the World of Chinese Fantasy Novels

it’s a bit embarrassing to admit but I I just got from google images sorry! My original plan when I first made the docs I wasn’t going to make make it public and was mostly going to be for myself but after a comment that asked for someone to post a helpful info guide it motivated for me to post it.

Thats an interesting idea, I want to do that although I pretty much suck at writing articles so idk lol.

Thanks a lot for your effort!! This is certainly helpful for new viewers and returning viewers alike! 

I only spotted 2 mistakes btw, Lan XiChen's birth name is Lan Huan (not Haun) (also you forgot to mention his title, Zewu Jun) and Lan SiZhui's birth name is Lan Yuan (not Ya Yuan) (often called endearingly A-Yuan, and his was born Wen Yuan, but that's a spoiler anyway so you wouldn't put it on the doc I guess).

Estelll  thanks for the heads up I'll change em rn

@AlexBBB it's no problem. yeah I'm a kind of obsessed with the drama now lol it's gonna take me awhile for me to get over them

Legendary Zathura:

Heyo I made a google docs info guide over untamed. It has the 5 clans, the important characters of each clan, spiritual objects, novel timeline, ect. It's not too good since it's a bit messy with some mistakes but I tried my best. 

Hope u guys like it

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-4VxgbiWiscdqk9FOEb8gj8oNoi4QwZzXsbuqfXlxVU/edit?usp=sharing 

Legendary Zathura:

Hope u guys like it

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/the-untamed/44509-untamed-google-docs-info-guide

Thank you for the Google Doc it helped me out a lot.

I didn’t know that was him. 

Very informative, thanks for this!