WangXian:

Yes.....dammm excited...that black and white photo with that jewellery 

He looks so good always omfg (/ω\) Since the song is coming out 12/30/2020 we can probably expect him to perform it live at the New Year's celebration 

Lol this is becoming my place for announcements

https://mydramalist.com/685155-wonderful-city

New documentary/variety show featuring Xiao Zhan and his hometown Chongqing coming soon!

Joryenai:

Hello Everyone!

If you are in the mood to watch a new drama, then I highly recommend that you guys check out "Word of Honor" if you haven't yet.   Here's the first episode with English subtitles on Youku YT channel.   Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/LUl2X99y6KM

I have watched the first 4 episodes. I don't know anything about it, since these days I don't even read a description before watching a drama.

Favourite chatacter so far : Wen Ke Xing. 

A strange place to ask this question bit i'll try:)

Has any of my friends used an ebook before?

Is it adapted to read the novels we find online???:)

Thanks in advance.

SuibianX:

A strange place to ask this question bit i'll try:)

Has any of my friends used an ebook before?

Is it adapted to read the novels we find online???:)

Thanks in advance.

I've read ebooks on an Amazon kindle fire tablet. I'm not sure what you mean by "is it adapted to read the novels we find online" though

ebooks aren't the same as novels online in that ebooks aesthetically look more like a physical book (there are pages) whereas a novel online is just a wall of text. I believe ebooks are basically digital versions of physical books, and try to mimic the experience of reading a physical book. I personally don't like ebooks because I am staring at a screen for long periods of time, which is a burden on the eyes. I guess certain perks are if you use a specialized tablet for ebooks, you can usually annotate, bookmark, write notes, and look up words in dictionaries, etc. 

Thanks. I don't know exactly how they function. From what i've read, the last generation of e-readers (ebooks) allows you to surf on the net. So does it mean, i can read the chinese novels on a ebook or not??? 

Since I read a lot these days (read 2ha recently), reading on a phone or a tablet is not ideal. But i don't understand if an e-reader would do. 

SuibianX:

Thanks. I don't know exactly how they function. From what i've read, the last generation of e-readers (ebooks) allows you to surf on the net. So does it mean, i can read the chinese novels on a ebook or not??? 

Since I read a lot these days (read 2ha recently), reading on a phone or a tablet is not ideal. But i don't understand if an e-reader would do. 

Usually ebooks are not digital book forms of online novels, so for example, I doubt you will find MDZS in ebook form, because its original form is already online. And I believe most ebooks are not free either. They are usually just like I said, digital versions of the physical books, but that doesn't make them free, there usually is a price but not as expensive as a physical copy. I'm not totally sure, but I doubt you will find any ebook versions of online-based novels such as 2ha. 

For your question "I can read a chinese novel on a ebook or not" if you have like a tablet that can access the internet the same way you would to access the chinese novel, then yes...  But that isn't really considered an ebook because you are just using your browser to read the online novel, whereas ebooks are usually downloadable and available offline. I think another thing that differentiates "ebook" vs "online reading" is ebooks are generally official published digital versions of books. I doubt any of the chinese online novels are officially published or affiliated with any companies that make ebooks. 

So I guess the short answer from me is no, I doubt you can read online chinese novels as ebooks, but you can read them off any device that has browser access. 

Thanks.

If I end up buying one, I'll share my experience...

Edit. But then, for example,  if i download mdzs in a format the ebook can read, i can still read it on the device logically, no? I can't keep printing 1000 page novels:) 

Thanks again!

SuibianX:

Thanks.

If I end up buying one, I'll share my experience...

Edit. But then, for example,  if i download mdzs in a format the ebook can read, i can still read it on the device logically, no? I can't keep printing 1000 page novels:) 

Thanks again!

"If I download mdzs in a format the ebook can read" the thing is idk if that is possible and I don't think it works that way. You can download mdzs in a format that the tablet can read (namely a pdf) but that wouldn't make it an ebook, because like I said, ebooks are officially published by companies in a very specific way that you probably have to go on a certain online store to purchase/download. 

I mean you can probably make a PDF version of whatever online Chinese novel you want but that will be a lot of copy/paste work right? Unless you find a PDF version of it already prepared for you.

I promised to share my experience with ereaders if I get one, so here I am...

In fact, the ereader I bought has a beta feature allowing me to surf and read on internet. Since it is a beta feature only, it's not the same as if you'd surf on a phone or a tablet, but depending on a site, it can still allow you to read the contents (more or less comfortably).

The ereaders allow you to read different types of files (depending on the model). Mine, for example, allows to read epub and pdf (amongst others) From what I understand, epub can be read more comfortably and nicely (the way you turn pages for example), but I haven't yet looked into converting my files (the novels I am reading) into epub files. I will do this soon.

So, for now, I am reading the novels on my ereader as pdf files. I won't say it is 100 percent comfortable, the this isn't what the ereader is created for,  but it is quite OK. Since I am doing this in order to read these novels on a device that is considered better for eyes, I 'ignore' the non comfortable part. For example that I have to adjust the size to the screen when I turn the page. 

Also, even this is secondary reason but still important to me, I can read the novels outside, since the screen of the reader allows you to read under the light or the sun (unlike the screen of my phone).

One would think I am selling ereaders:))) I am not:) I am just reading a lot and I thought I couldn''t keep printing novels or reading them on a phone.

I watched the taiwanese 'no 1 for you' on wetvand would like to recommend if you haven't seen it. A romance m/m leads.

Don't expect an incredible or an original drama. But it's a cute watch. The leads have great chemistry... I have a preference for the first season, but because I was watching for the leafs, I watched the 2nd with pleasure, too.

CqlisMdzs:

@SuibianX

Thanks for sharing your experiences with the e-reader. I usually read novels on my laptop but I have no option but to switch to my phone when I'm unable to use my laptop. Having an e-reader will come in handy.

Also, epub files are indeed better than pdfs. You might have a better experience if you convert your pdfs. There are many websites that convert from pdfs to epub files within minutes, you can try converting one and see if it's better than reading a pdf file. 

I guess I'm the only one marking/copying each chapter online and pasting it in a .doc file that I convert into a pdf/epub then. 

Some translators offer an epub/pdf for download of their translated chapters though, which I consider a blessing. :D