Reddit is more like a Q&A/memes page for literally anything and everything. Content is probably most similar to Tumblr.  You can make posts and follow other users. I did a quick search for The Untamed and found a page dedicated to MDZS related stuff. https://www.reddit.com/r/MoDaoZuShi/

I personally don't see it as a substitute for MDL and the website seems much more complicated than MDL. Plus it's not really a drama review website

I am going to share my concerns with you...

First of all, I'll say that ratings do not matter

However

Some of us are not bothered by the results of the ratings/rankings but by doubts that they aren't 'fair'. We are trying to figure out whether we trust the site we are using to be impartial and competent. Here are questions preoccupying me

_ why is it that we all clearly encounter a raise of fake accounts writing comments on untamed, but these accounts are not deleted? Not because they are writing anything negative, if course, but because they obviously not 'real. If there is a raise in this number, how can we be certain that the ratings aren't the result of unfair downvoting from these users? 

Also, even more importantly, if Mdl does not care about comments from fake accounts , what is this community going to become over time?

If people are given the message, that it is ok to do that, any upcoming drama is going to have tons of comments from fake accounts that by then are going to 'look real'. Because time will pass and they won't be 'new accounts' any more. 

_ why is the number of people rating untamed 1 higher? We don't see people rating 1 on other dramas, may be because the number is liwer. But doesn't this also prove that the voting isn't 'real'? And this isn't transparent.

_Why did the rating stay 9,4 for more than a year, not fluctuating that much and drop suddenly? If the claim is 'fake' accounts, then, were they ignored during the whole period of time? And why did all drama ratings go down in the same manner? It looks to me for example, that the issue here isn't just the fake accounts...

How are the result 'correct' today if when checking 'recently voted' the accounts are from november/december. 

_ why don't the ratings fluctuate more often. For example beyween 1/2, etc... This gives an impression that they are arranged to a certain extent.

_ even though i wasn't personally affected, but I have to say, it did look syrange when The Wolf didn't appear within 12 dramas featured on the site. Wasn't it ecpected by the fans. Since XZ isn't the lead, I am not asking this question because I care, but because, irrespective of how I feel about it, it Does look strange...

Rankings aren't important. But if the community is going to be a pleasant place to visit or not, is going to depend on mdl policy. What preoccupies me is not the result of the rankings, but whether mdl encourages healthy behaviour or whether 'toxicity.' is whai I should be expecting as time goes by.. And whether or not fake comments are deleted is the sign of what mdl is looking for...

I just want untamed fans to realize that what they are going to choose today, is going to be their tomorrow.

I agree that it won't be the same. 

Hello, just reading through :)

Just wanted to interject a little bit.

With regards to reddit. 

Because of the downvote system, and Reddit's TOS, you may find it a bit more stifling in there. I have been using reddit for a while, and was active in the discussion during the US elections, and Reddit platform if not properly moderated, can be quite biased. It's easier for trolls to exist there. 

I haven't been on MDL for too long, but so far, having the block function, and the report function has made my commenting life, pretty smooth. I don't mind ratings too much, and a few of my shows dropped as well.

Also due to the massive size of Reddit, there are actually quite a few bots out there made specifically for reddit that can downvote spam, or flag spam, making certain discussion points invisible. I visited the reddit site for the show i'm watching Start Up, and I keep finding myself going to MDL since I find it easier to find discussions I am interested in, reddit can be confusing if your not used to it.

Your best bet would probably be discord, but the thing about discord, it's by invitation usually, so you'll have select few people on it, and there is more of a barrier for new members to join. Plus i'm not a fan of the UI of Discord.

You can try Asianwiki community as well, but in terms of size, I think MDL may be one of the bigger ones that is dedicated to dramas.

Hope you guys find a solution that suits you! 

Just wanted to explain a bit about reddit since I have experience with it.

Thanks. i appreciate it. It wasn't to 'replace' mdl but to keep in touch with friends. I have another idea for that so all's good.

In fact, this isn't about rating at all.

It's mostly about the fact that if mdl doesn't mind people creating accounts to write comments and make everything about 'competitions' between dramas, I do.

It's quite disappointing seeing people claiming themselves to be drama fans behaving in indecent manner. And it is more disappoiting if noone cares...

On another note. i like my name is kim sam soon. I guess you do too? The second girl is one of my favourite korean actresses and i like hyun bin in it. And the Ost... 

And if I remember well that you asked about a romantic cdrama to watch... From 2020 I'd suggest Go ahead. It's a very cute and well done drama for me. I'd say it's a famuly drama but it's also about frienship and romance... If you want one 'similar' to the korean romcoms, you can try my girlfiend is an alien. It's not perfect, but it's cute...

But if I also read correctly, you haven't seen the untamed? Then, you might not find a more romantic one than this one. But it's up to you to take my word for it or not... Usually I leave interpretation to users, but wanted to make an exception this time...

Anyway, thanks again for your input. cheers

I'm active on the Start Up comment section where they have a shipping war happening. I criticized the actors/actress of the show. Mind you, I wasn't harsh about it, I merely mentioned their acting was not great. Coincidentally, I get banned 5-10 minutes later.

I am visibly annoyed, because I write a lot of analysis and review on MDL, and to feel all that work wasted and put down the drain, I made a new account, and voiced my displeasure. Within minutes my new account is banned as well.

So I make a third account, and that one was banned again in a span of seconds it seems.

So I just stopped. Within maybe 30 minutes, this account is unbanned. It seems enough of my friends asked for justice for me.

I was told by admins that they flagged my post as spam, and I was filtered out. They apologize and said they would be investigating what happened.

Of course, I'm a little iffy on their excuse, but w/e I just accept it. Whether there is actual politics happening behind the scenes or not, or it's just a new algorithm they are using, I don't know, but I can understand the frustrations. Nobody wants to be in a platform where you can be silenced.

The funny thing, is I was banned, when there are trolls on our comment sections who are directly attacking other posters personally, calling them losers and etc... But they don't get banned. I can't explain it, but it happens.

Oh, I haven't watched that show LOL, I just thought the name was cool :))) I read the synopsis, it seems to be a nice one, a bit long for me though to watch.

I've dealt with my shares of trolls and rude posters, keep in mind, I came from the TKEM comment section before start up, and the people there are just crazy! Lee Min Ho has THE Most toxic fans.

Yup, i've got Go ahead on my watch list, I saw the trailer and it seems interesting. I'm trying to learn mandarin, so I was thinking of jumping into Cdrama to learn, hehehe

I'm not a huge fan of historical fantasy dramas tbh. And untamed seems like a long one.

I'm kinda looking for light rom-com styles. But maybe in the future my taste may change :)

Nice talking to you, hope it all gets sorted out!

I am learning mandarin too. 

I recommend you choose:) 

I'll just give you information. This isn't like any fantasy you have watched or tried to watch. It has a new style and introduced many things into drama. What I am trying to say, being or not being into historical or fantasy drama isn't going to be an indication of whether you're going to love it or not. And whatever you may have heard of it, unless you watch it, you aren't going to imagne what's awaiting you. It's one of a kind, but I am not speaking of its quality only.

Then I am also going to definitely recommend My name is Kim Sam Soon. I have to say, I mind the lead actress a little bit, but, even then, I've watched it more than once... I think it is a very nice drama. May be it's not perfect, but I consider it a Must See...

Anyway, both countries have amazing dramas. I am pretty easy to convince when someone makes a suggestion to me, therefore I recommend thinking you don't mind...

Otherwise, the choice is yours, of course....

It does seem weird to me that the rating plummeted so drastically two different times. It's also a little double sided that all the nasty comments (and there's been some pretty bad ones) I've seen on several different pages don't get deleted, but other stuff does. Definitely something weird going on, but I hope we can stick it out. I really like coming here to destress and talk with other people who like the same things, since most of the people in my life aren't into the drama world. T_T

The thing is, while ratings aren't important for an individual drama, the site approach is... And many things recently look strange... They did even before the ratings dropped... Not inquiring is one option. But then, inquiring is also one, if users want to understand what kind of site they are using, what to expect and not expect of it. 

Legend of Fei dropping tomorrow! ! ! 

Oh boy I still haven't finished The Wolf yet, Legend of Fei is dropping, and I also read Being a Hero is coming in January! Going to be a very busy winter loooool

hello:

Legend of Fei dropping tomorrow! ! ! 

Oh boy I still haven't finished The Wolf yet, Legend of Fei is dropping, and I also read Being a Hero is coming in January! Going to be a very busy winter loooool

Being their fan is like u r not able to survive because of lack of content or not able to survive because of lots of content 

WangXian:

Being their fan is like u r not able to survive because of lack of content or not able to survive because of lots of content 

Very true! Right now it's not surviving because of overload of content! Especially with Wang Yibo this year omfg...I can't keep up with his speed

hello:

Very true! Right now it's not surviving because of overload of content! Especially with Wang Yibo this year omfg...I can't keep up with his speed

I m just wondering what will be our condition if they appear on tencent star night together....Hopes are high

Legend of fei??????? I didn't know.. thanks!!!! As to Tencent, apparently untamed fans wonder about the same things:) last year tencent ceremony xas such a pleasure to watch!!!! The two of them shined brighter than anyone!!!!