Both are excellent dramas in their own way, each offering a unique vibe. However, if I had to choose between them, my preference would lean towards "Queens of Tears." The primary reason for this is my inclination towards married couples who share great chemistry on screen.

I have a particular fondness for the theme of "I hate you to love you and denied love." This dynamic, where characters initially resist their feelings only to gradually succumb to a deep and genuine love, resonates with me deeply. It brings a sense of realism and complexity to the relationship, making their eventual connection all the more rewarding to watch.

In comparison, while the portrayal of a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship can be engaging, it simply doesn’t hold the same depth for me as the portrayal of a married couple navigating their emotions and overcoming obstacles together. The intricacies and challenges of a married relationship, depicted through the lens of "Queens of Tears," captivate me more and keep me invested in their journey.

Totally understand.

According to the scuttlebutt, wanting to portray a married man was part of the reason why Kim Soo Hyun chose the role. 

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t dislike QoT. I just got irritated with the amount of time given to the evil of the  villain and his wicked mother, and instead wanted that part resolved and the focus put on the relationship between the two leads, which I felt was minimized for the amount of time given to the subplot  of the villains.

My preference for Lovely Runner is partially due to that point: the relationship between the leads was prominent, and the villain’s part, though crucial to the plot, was minimal.

The beauty of so many wonderful KDramas is that each of us can find something that suits each of our preferences.? 

I have watched both, and gotta say it`s hard to choose. Both high ranking dramas this year, storylines, acting, production did an amazing job.

eh they’re both so different and not really comparable. If they were both melodramas or both rom coms then sure but they’re not. I think in terms of their own genres they’re both at the top or near enough at the top.

@BreadLady my whole point is that it is not up to you or me to agree or disagree.

It was not my opinion, but hard facts and official viewership numbers.  As I mentioned in my last post, 3rd party analysis using their own method without official viewership numbers may or may not be accurate.   I cannot verify that, nor can you or anybody.

The only thing we can base on is official viewership figures obtainable by the public.   And that is the number widely quoted by most news articles.

And based on that alone, QoT is way ahead.   There is no argument about that.

How about another example - Twinkling Watermelon is the highest rated K-drama OF ALL TIME according to MDL ratings.    Is that the case in real life?   Not even close.    I doubt it would even make it to the top 10 list of the most popular/highest rated K dramas of all times.

I find your response continually argumentative when viewership numbers were included in the original MDL article - that you dismissed. 

“Talking about its global popularity, the K-drama trended heavily on Viki. Soompi reported Lovely Runner "ranked No. 1 in viewership in 133 regions including the United States, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Brazil, Mexico" in its premiere week. Then on May 23, another Soompi report wrote the K-drama "placed No. 1 in viewership in a total of 130 regions on its sixth week of broadcast. In particular, the drama ranked No. 1 for six consecutive weeks in 109 countries including the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Brazil, Mexico, and more.

A representative of Rakuten Viki remarked, 'Lovely Runner is breaking its own record every week in the number of weekly viewers in North America, and it is recording the highest number of weekly viewers among 2024 dramas.'"

Becoming number one in over 130  countries in which this show was aired on its various streaming platforms prove that its viewership was higher vs the domestic viewership in S. Korea, by sheer population alone. 

Lovely Runner topped viewership on both Viki and Viu,  reflecting tvNing’s reporting a 94% share. 

Therefore, including worldwide viewership, QoTs does not come out on top, but including domestic viewership, it does at 28.38%, for which I was thrilled because I’m not a huge fan of CLOY so was happy something I liked more took top spot. 

Again, the parameters that Gooddata set to measure what they chose to measure is just as valid as the data you cite as only being acceptable. 

Every study ever done, including medical studies, chooses a set of parameters for the study, which it will either prove or disprove.  

By your criteria, no study done is valid except a sliver of views in a  select narrow market - but omitting the whole.   

As I said, you’re welcome to your opinion and I applaud your right to hold it. 

However, what you cannot do is be the defining judge of published data, nor how it is gathered. 

I am now weary of this exchange, so hope you can find another show to equally enjoy. 

For those debating which of these two dramas has a higher viewership ranking popularity , let me clarify that the original poster didn't ask about popularity  viewership ranking. Instead, they asked which drama  do you personally like more between the two. . While viewership ratings might draw you to a drama, they won't keep you engaged unless it truly resonates with you. Both dramas are excellent in their own right.

1.So, which one do you like more? (Which did you like more Queen of tears or Lovely runner? )

Although both are your favorites, which one do you prefer?

The above question was asked by the original poster, not the one below. i think.

2.Out of these two, which one do you like ?

You can only choose one. 

Remember, the original poster's question is about personal preference, not viewership statistics.

BreadLady:
Don’t get me wrong, I don’t dislike QoT. I just got irritated with the amount of time given to the evil of the  villain and his wicked mother, and instead wanted that part resolved and the focus put on the relationship between the two leads, which I felt was minimized for the amount of time given to the subplot  of the villains.

My preference for Lovely Runner is partially due to that point: the relationship between the leads was prominent, and the villain’s part, though crucial to the plot, was minimal.

I also find that when the villains' parts in "QOT" irritate me beyond my limit, I prefer to skip those scenes and enjoy the ones I like. Despite this, I still prefer "QOT"—that’s my personal choice. On the other hand, "Lovely Runner" is a delightful, lovey-dovey romance of youngsters, and it also holds a special place in my heart.

Good tip! I’ve done that when the show drags, but not out of irritation, though I just may in the future. Thanks!

Also, I agree on the original question and answering the asked question, as I did so.

What I said was to someone responding to my answer inferring it’s incorrect and theirs is the only possible answer.

I am a Grandmother many times over, so this does not intimidate me in anyway however, I do not like this kind of aggressive post which can intimidate younger viewers from expressing their opinions. 

The reason in responding as I did was to point out that others are equally entitled to their opinions (which in this case is equally valid statistically, depending upon the criteria) so that no one is made to feel their opinion is “wrong,” because it’s not. Every person’s opinion is as valid as anyone else’s. ?

Absolutely, I agree. A person should consider two types of possibilities in a conversation:

1. Universal Facts: These are undeniable truths, such as "The sun rises in the morning."

2. Different Perspectives: These should be accepted respectfully, even if you don’t agree with them. This is what we call "Agreeing to Disagree." For instance, while the sun may be rising in one country, it doesn’t mean it’s rising in all countries at the same time.

I wholeheartedly agree!

Beautifully stated! 

@BreadLady To be honest, I find your statement "I find your response continually argumentative" equally applies to you too.

You said that article included viewership numbers - the fact is that it doesn't!   They only talked about ranking without the actual viewership numbers - they are NOT THE SAME THING.

My original reply talked about FlixPatrol, which uses published ranking from various platforms, and attempted to come up their own method of comparing drama.   Their ranking was widely used by MDL and Soompi articles too.   But when Netflix published actual viewership numbers, it showed how wrong FlixPatrol was.

Fact:  QoT has been in Netflix Global chart for 14 weeks, and it has amassed a total of 42.3 million views as of last week (you can get the data from Netflix web site).   

Given that Viki has a total subscribers number of only 74 millions (vs 270 million for Netflix), I doubt LR can surpass 42.3 million no matter how many number 1 ranking it got.   And that's the problem with only ranking data.   It doesn't tell us how many audience actually viewed.  Squid game has ranked number one in many countries, so has many other dramas, like All of us are dead, but Squid Game actual viewership is 500% that of All of us are dead - you can't tell just looking at the ranking for how many weeks or how many countries.

Actual viewership numbers like Nielson TV ratings and Netflix viewerships are Universal Facts.

For sure, you can absolutely like LR more.  But concluding LR has higher global viewership than QoT just because it has ranked #1 in Viki for n number of weeks in n countries is not correct.   You may be right, but we don't know without actual Viki viewership numbers.   QoT does have a major advantage as Netflix has 4x as many subscribers as Viki.    From my perspective, I doubt LR can achieve audience capture of 57% of total Viki subscribers, which would be required to match QoT Netflix numbers.

ASTER:

I also find that when the villains' parts in "QOT" irritate me beyond my limit, I prefer to skip those scenes and enjoy the ones I like. Despite this, I still prefer "QOT"—that’s my personal choice. On the other hand, "Lovely Runner" is a delightful, lovey-dovey romance of youngsters, and it also holds a special place in my heart. 

The main reason why I prefer QoT to LR is that I could not get over the time travel mess in LR.

I know I know, it is a RomCom.   I should have just ignored any plot holes and inconsistencies and just care about the Romance.   But the time travel really bugs me.

Apart from no attempts to explain why the watch suddenly got magic time travel power, the type of FL's time travel must be the first in any drama/TV series I have watched.   Instead of the usual time travel, it's like FL's spirit/soul "possessing" her younger self!    Her body did not travel!   And just like possession, her younger self could not recall anything when FL's present day spirit left!

At the end, I am also not satisfied how ML got all the "memories" even though it never happened and he never experienced them in his changed timeline.

@nosnoop. i know what you mean. When it comes to kdramas i try to avoid the Timer Travel Genre, in Lovely Runner that was the only thing that was irritating was the Time Travel fiasco, i was confused at was happening no matter how hard i tried to focus so that was the only downfall for me was the Time travel but everything else was alright.

@nosnoop

Our perception of situations often depends on our mood and preferences. Sometimes, if we appreciate one aspect of something, we overlook its other flaws. Conversely, if we encounter a single mistake amidst numerous positives, it can overshadow everything else. This variability in our reactions is natural and not a fault; it's simply a reflection of our individual choices and current state of mind.