• Location: America

Anna0_0

America
Flower Boy Next Door
Jul 26, 2016
Overall:This drama was pretty typical in your flower boy and rom-com genres. However, I enjoyed it. I even marathoned it over two days. It had some unique points, and delivered on the humor. The love aspect was pretty well done, but cliche at times - as to be expected. None of those things detracted from the show. The cast was fitting, the music was good, and some would rewatch it, although I don't know if I would. Maybe if I had no other shows or wanted something very light. You should watch this for romance, cuteness, fun, eye candy, SWEET BOYS RATHER THAN RICH JERKS, and Park Shin Hye (even if you are not a huge fan).

Story: Not completely unique, but with enough unique points and humor to forgive the cliches. The pace was enjoyable and the writing was very good. Not to mention many (although not all) loose ends were tied up in the final episode involving the cast.

Acting: The cast was spot on for this show and I developed a few new favorites. The parts were well-written, the acting was as expected. Some scenes were exaggerated, but I found it added to the show's charms. The best part was the lack of stereotypical rude and rich romantic male.

Music: The music was very enjoyable and placed in the best of places. Everything emphasized moments, the acting and scenes. i actually never grew tired of hearing anything, even the opening and closing themes which can become annoying even to the most die hard drama fans. I found myself downloading parts of the soundtrack.

Rewatch: I do not think I would immediately rewatch this show, although it would be wonderful to do so. I would wait until I had nothing else or needed time to kill, it is very good for a light and romantic watch.

Kiss Me
May 17, 2016
Okay so obviously this drama is based on Itazura na Kiss and is not 100% original, but despite that I give the story a 10. This is easily my favorite version and the only version I have watched multiple times. The pacing is just right and there is so much more depth and interesting scripting. Each character has their wonderful parts and their flaws so there is never really a boring moment. I especially like how the male lead TenTen (Naoki/Seung Jo depending on the version you have seen) is more than an a-hole genius. There are moments when he is standoffish and looks down on people, but the writers offer an explanation as to why. And there are also caring and tender moments as well, something I think could have been emphasized more with the other stories.

There is much more backstory and I feel watching this show gets you more involved, pulls you in more. I also like that Taliw (Kotoko/Ha Ni in the Japanese and Korean versions) is much more likable and is not portrayed as a idiotic and childish figure. She is smart in certain areas and then is lacking in some others, something that is much more realistic in my opinion. There is also no blind following on her part, she can make her own decisions and even get mad - a vital character trait i think was lacking in the other versions. King was especially better, he was not portrayed as a village idiot or obnoxious, but a charmer that is trying his best to win the girl. There were times I found myself getting worked up about the competition, much more than with the other versions.The relationships between all the characters were great in my opinion: friendships, family ties, and love interests all were spot on. The actors did well in each of their roles and I even picked up a few new favorites again. (My list just keeps getting longer!)

Of course, I also loved the music and the placement of the music. Nothing was distracting and every time I would start to get bored a song would change subtly or not so subtly. I actually went out of my way to download the full soundtrack.

I have already watched this show multiple times and I highly recommend it to others. I know some people are die hard fans of the other versions, but everyone should at least give this one a try as well. Personally, it is my favorite version!

Healer
Sep 18, 2017
There is a reason this show is ranked so high on this site and has such high popularity. It is actually as good as it sounds, if not even better. I finished the show and gave myself a couple of days to come off the drama high - you all know what I mean don't act like you don't - and I realized I was more than slightly annoyed I had waited so long to watch the show. It was that good.

The story seems like many when you look no more than surface level: handsome young man with a dark and dangerous appeal, a young girl who wants to be strong and save the world etc. HOWEVER, this drama had much, much more to its plot. The theme of reporters and fighting for the truth was much more prevalent and took first seat in this story; a huge and pleasant surprise if one is expecting to be let down on that aspect. The darker underbelly aspects of stories and characters could have been emphasized somewhat more, so I will only score a 9 for this section. That being said they were done fairly well - considering they are topics that are often seen as taboo even in today's societies. Romance and action are actually woven together very well, making this drama much more appealing for audiences. The writing and timing are essential to this production. The writers understand their audience and their desires and mindset as viewers; when certain details get fuzzy there is a new part that brings clarity; you begin to understand bits and pieces only to have a new mystery evolve from what you have been given. There are no stale aspects because every turn something new happens to keep you on the edge of you seat and anticipating the next episode. I had not experienced that with a drama in quite some time.

The cast is essential to this drama as well. Each person not only fits their role but brings something to it that makes them standout. I was surprised how well the actors worked together and how many of them had a wonderful amount of chemistry. Normally you hope and expect the main cast to have that chemistry, especially if their is supposed to be romance involved, but this production gives much more than you are expecting. The importance of family and friendship is highlighted by the cast performance as much as romance would be. Park Min Young balances her role of fighter and an innocent in need of protection so well, I found myself connecting to her in the best of ways. With every victory, mistake and cringe worthy moment I was with her because she did not merely complete a role but gave it something more human and approachable. She definitely emphasizes how someone can be weak in one way but incredibly strong in others. Ji Chang Wook was also just as good as Healer. You expect him to be tough, untouchable and bad-ass. Ask and you shall receive. However, you also begin to see a developing vulnerability that is subtle but gives so much more to the performance. There is a ton of supporting cast (too many to name but all standouts) that create funny moments as well endearing, painful, heartbreaking, and beautiful moments as well. This is most deservedly the highest section I can rate. Absolute 10, if I could score higher I would.

The soundtrack is well timed; moments did not seem interrupted by jarring music or sound effects. In my opinion, nothing is worse than music that does not fit or takes your attention away from the show. Sounds should emphasize, not detract. I have not downloaded the soundtrack so I am not scoring super high in this category but the music was definitely good and added to the experience of watching.

This show is definitely re-watchable, but I am basing this score of 7 more on the ability to binge watch. The plot is a bit too deep to just pick an episode to watch, and with 20 episodes that have quite a bit to them I would have to be really in the mood to watch it again. However, this production was so good I finished it in about a day and a half or so. Very binge worthy - which I think is more important than re-watching! ;)

So overall, I give this drama a 9! And I wish you all a happy drama time! :D

You Who Came from the Stars
May 15, 2016
I have to admit that I put this show off at first. I can recognize the music right away and love it, but it often sounded sad and I didn't think I would last through the show if I watched it. Honestly, I wish I had watched it sooner. It is so good.
STORY - Pretty original. I didn't exactly know what to expect, I expected a lot of romance but this has everything. Romance, action, comedy, mystery. Perfect. There is not a lot of lag anywhere, but I am not 100% happy with the final episode. Maybe 90%? BUT DON'T LET THAT STOP YOU FROM WATCHING!!!! The effects are really good in the show as well and the cinematography is very nice - the lighting and camera angles enhance everything rather than being distracting.
ACTING - Amazing and the chemistry between everyone is great - romantic, family and friend relationships alike. I honestly have picked up a few new favorite actors - and reaffirmed why I already liked a few ;)
MUSIC - great as well; this is one of the few soundtracks I have downloaded. Also it's perfectly placed within the show, no random spots that are distracting. The sound effects are also subtle and enhancing as well.
REWATCH - I actually have already rewatched this show all the way through once. However, it is a show I can turn on an episode for background noise or just to occupy my attention and it's still as enjoyable as the first time.
OVERALL - 9! Honestly, this show was amazing and easily has become one of my favorites. The ending is just okay for me, enjoyable definitely, but I would have enjoyed the ending more if it had ended in the manner a certain male lead had wished for. ;)

Coming Soon
May 16, 2017
Story: The story was not 100% original although the background story for it was very nicely done. The twist was also very nice. But it was not a movie that kept me on my toes nor did it truly terrify me. It was good though.

Acting: The acting in this movie was pretty good. Some scenes seemed a little lackluster while others seemed a bit over the top. That being said, the actors suited their roles well and interacted very well on screen.

Music: The music and sound effects for the movie were what you would expect, nothing too standout. It fit the film well but did not build a whole lot of suspense. I found the lack of background music a little distracting personally.

Rewatch: I personally would not rewatch this. However, die-hard horror fans or Thai movie fans might rewatch this.

Overall: This was an okay movie, not the best and not the worst. I was able to sit through it without getting too bored and the ending was pretty worth it. I wouldn't watch it again, but it does have some rewatch value. It was alright to watch once.

Ju-on: The Grudge
Jul 31, 2016
When I was younger I saw the American version of the Grudge first and I found it terrifying and was worried when others said the original was a letdown. That being said, I was NOT disappointed at all with the Japanese original. Of course, the story is not the most original with haunted houses and vengeful spirits, but I found this film to be pretty good. On this site Ju-On: The Grudge is listed as a remake, but it's more like a continuation of the first two films - just with some new cast members (so don't worry if you have not seen Ju-On: The Curse 1&2). The original family that began the curse are all played by the original actors (except for the little boy Toshio, I think) however the film chronicles the affects of the curse on new multiple people. Just like with the other films, there are short mini-stories within the movie and just like the other films the sequence of the stories are out of order. It may sound confusing, but I thought it worked really well; there are demonstrations of time overlaps between stories, and the connections between people and places are made BUT YOU HAVE TO PAY ATTENTION. If you are a fan of strict, cohesive stories that focus on a limited amount of characters - like the American counterpart - this may not be as enjoyable. The cast all do a very nice job in their roles, though no one was an extraordinary superstar per se. No one was awkward, and those that were meant to be scary utilized their actions, expressions and even camera angles really well. The dialogue was as expected for a horror film, comfortable at times and suspenseful at others. I found the music and sound effects were much better than the first two films created earlier; the use of sound was much more thought out as well. Music for scenes was utilized to build suspense much more, varying from subtle to obvious; groans, creaks, and cries were placed in the right moments - no overuse whatsoever. As for rewatching? I prefer this version over the American version and I would watch it again. I found myself (in hindsight) disappointed with the American version actually, it seems far too similar. Overall, I think this was a very good film that everyone, especially horror movie fans, should watch at least once. This film was released in theaters and seemed to have a bigger budget, something that didn't happen with the earlier versions. That all made it better. I also was a very big fan of the blend of blatant jumpscares and more complex, longer buildups that could only be caught in the corner of your eye.

Ju-on: The Curse 2
Jul 30, 2016
STORY: The overall story was not much different from the first, nor will it be different in the later films. There is a haunted home and angry ghosts that pursue certain people. There were newer characters introduced and new small stories within the film, creating a bigger web, however I felt this installment of the Ju-On series left a few too many loose ends. I realized pretty quick that almost half of the movie recaps the story of the original family from the first movie. It is only after this that new stories begin and some from the first movie are continued. A few parts did not make sense.

ACTING: The acting was about as expected. No one stood out as extraordinary, but no one was horrible. There were more children involved but they were not awkward like some may fear. The cast was suitable for the movie.

MUSIC: Once again, there was not much music involved. The few tracks that were used were okay, typical horror music. The sound effects were not as good in this film; sounds did not always match with actions (that may be because my copy was very old - vcr tape format converted to digital). Perhaps, it is because I have watched the newer American versions as well, but the sound effects are even at times overdone - but the film is old and some older films do that.

REWATCH VALUE: I personally wouldn't really rewatch this one for a long time, perhaps if I was doing a marathon, but eventually I would. However, die hard horror fans might rewatch it often.

OVERALL: The movie was okay. I found it to be a little bit of a let down; I only jumped once. The idea behind it is great but wasn't executed as fully as I would wish for it to be, I may rewatch it once more to see if I missed anything crucial that could make it better. BUT IT WAS NOT TERRIBLE. Just OKAY. I think if you're a horror fan, especially Japanese horror, you should try it.

Katasumi and 4444444444
Jul 28, 2016
These short films are both under 5 minutes in length and utilize many aspects of horror. With the camera angles and video quality one can easily tell these clips are older (made in the 90's) but that does not make them boring. The story is pretty original for what is presented in such a short time. The acting is not amazing, but it is not awkward or bad. Each actor and actress fits their role just fine, so the acting is what one would expect. There is little actual music in these shorts, however the use of audio affects are outstanding, especially with quality headphones. The sounds, many whom have experienced the Ju-On franchise will know: the sounds of moaning,scratching, creaking and cat meows - but they are not static, stale, or boring. The sounds enhance and add suspense to clips many may assume are too short to do anything. Despite the age of the clips and the expected audio the clips are worth watching and can be rewatched multiple times, especially if one wants to watch everything in the series.

May 26, 2017
FOR ANYONE CONFUSED THIS MOVIE IS A CONTINUATION OF THE TV SHOW, NOT A REMAKE.
For anyone that wants to know my thoughts on the tv show I also have a review for it but moving on!

STORY: This story was much longer since it is a movie, but it is a continuation of the show. The show had a vague but somewhat satisfying ending - if you're not allergic to cliffhangers. This movie offers a more solid conclusion and just enough rivalry between cast members to get you excited. if you love the show you will love the movie. It has many of the same components of the tv show, love, friendship, family but it also offers more of a backstory for the characters that you did not get to see in the show.

CAST: Once again, the cast was simply perfect.The main cast was a part of this film, no one was replaced or anything which is a big pet peeve of mine. I did not have to worry with this. I was not a huge fan of Michelle but she was not a bad actress by any means, just the character was a little too flat until almost the end.

MUSIC: The music and sound effects were great and once again production did a very cool job with blending anime-like quality and tones with live-action and digital capabilities.

REWATCH: This is not quite as rewatchable as the show with shorter episodes that have self-contained stories but this would be good to watch again every once in a while. I highly enjoyed it. If you watch to see the club get into more situations, be their cute selves, and have a more definite ending concerning the romance you should definitely watch this.

Ouran High School Host Club
May 26, 2017
STORY: The story was not the best, nothing super original, it was a live-action version of the anime and manga. There were many of the same shenanigans, but it was a very interesting live version. The creators of this show even managed to create similar effects. I will not lie, at first it was cringe-worthy and many fans of the anime say they do not like this show, but it grows on you. The actors are such a large part of this that it is hard to stop watching. I honestly loved this show and how they blended what has been seen before in other versions with new things they create to fuel the story. I expected it to be nothing but romance and be horrible but the humor, family, friends, and love were all so well balanced that I found myself binge-watching.

CAST: The cast fit their roles so well, it was incredible. Yamamoto Yusuke did an amazing job as Tamaki, I was so surprised by just how extra he could be. Daito Shunsuke caught me off guard as Kyoya as well, pulling off the cool and collected character perfectly, but leaving just enough to make you swoon. And the twins were perfect, devilish but adorable. I was happy with how their characters seemed more complex, not happy go lucky blank slates. I found the main cast gave a lot to their roles, to show growth and keep the interest of the viewer. Everyone worked very well together. Kawaguchi Haruna was wonderful of course.

MUSIC: The music and sound effects for this show were very good, however, "friday ma magic" did get slightly old as the theme song. While I absolutely love the song, I wish there had been maybe one more but there is a charm to a limited soundtrack at the same time.

REWATCH VALUE: This show has a very high rewatch value for me simply because it is hilarious, also every episode has a different story, and the cast is so good. Even is you do not think it will be as good as the anime I highly suggest trying at least one or two episodes. Especially since it does not have 20 or more episodes. There are only 11 (plus a movie but it's not NECESSARY to watch that.)

Alice: Boy from Wonderland
May 16, 2017
Story: This story was very interesting. The creepy tone was set from the very beginning, but other tones of mystery, romance, and sadness were all interwoven very well. The morbid twist on Alic in Wonderland with ghosts and nightmares was refreshing for me. The use of history and urban legends was a nice touch as well. The fact this is loosely based on some true events and an urban legend that resulted from said events can be taken with a grain of salt but I truly believe it's possible. Granted it can be a little confusing in places, due to some unclear scripting.

***The cinematography is absolutely beautiful for the film. There is no doubt that the location is meant to be a hidden wonderland in the real world.***

Acting: This is not the best acting on the parts of the main cast, but it was well suited for the script. I think the actors did their parts as well as they could with what was scripted. The chemistry that develops between Hong Jong Hyun and Jung So Min is a little fast, and it could have benefitted from a few more details but the ending ties up the loose ends well enough before leaving you slightly frustrated.

Musc/Sound Effects: Pretty great! The overall soundtrack, vocal and instrumental, is very nice. It is a soundtrack I would love to download if I could find it. The songs are well placed and even aid in the plot and relationships between characters. The sound effects are very well done. Everything amplifies the experience, creating moments of intense thrill and softer moments of melancholy. This is one of the best features of the film I think.

Rewatch: Honestly, I would rewatch this film multiple times because of everything you can experience and what you can take away each time. This is a film that contains enough hidden details and vague moments that you can understand more each time it is watched. If anything, you should at least watch it once.

Another
May 16, 2017
OVERALL: This movie isn't BAD but it's definitely not as great as it could have been. But what's new with live action adaptations?

STORY: This story has a lot of awesome potentials and the buildup through the background is great. There's a nice blend of urban legends, death, ghosts, the reality of trust between friends and safety in school. As someone who has read the book and watched the anime, I was able to fly by the movie and not question too much. That being said it can definitely be confusing for some. There are not enough clear explanations, nor is there a lot as far as investigation or stress and pressure from solving the mystery within a certain time frame. It is kind of presented in a blase tone of "oh another student died, maybe we should try to figure it out I guess". The anime was longer and capable of adding more detail and buildup in the story, something a 90 minute or so movie just isn't capable of. There was also quite a bit of filler that didn't need to be there. It's not a bad story though, it was just done in a lackluster way.
**the graphics are not the best, the filming techniques and cinematography are a little more than okay but not great.****

CHARACTERS: These characters could have definitely benefited from some more depth and better acting. Some of the younger actors seemed uncomfortable at first, and I do not think they were given enough time to develop their characters on screen (I blame scripting and movie length). There was a lot of vagueness overall. The older actors were very good but obviously, they are not on screen much because they are not main characters, and that cannot make up for the poor acting in other parts.

MUSIC: The music and sound effects were pretty on point for this movie. Nothing was distracting but amplified the scenes and created buildup. Like many of the Japanese horror movies I have seen, the end theme was a strange pop song with somewhat morbid/dark lyrics. I never understand why people use those rather than just more instrumental but that's just me.

REWATCH: If you're a fan of the novel, manga, or anime you would probably watch this (some fans may end up frustrated). If you feel the need for a horror marathon it's not bad. But honestly, I wouldn't really watch it again. I would rather watch the bloodier and more understandable anime. Some people might like it enough to rewatch though, to each their own.

W
Nov 27, 2016
STORY: For me, this story was pretty original. I have never watched a drama that involves a webtoon coming to life. Honestly, I thought it was a very good storyline and most of it fit together. BUT it did seem as though the writers tried to make it a little too complex and struggled to bring that to life. There were some confusing parts and a few loopholes/empty spots in the plot making sense 100% of the time This is a drama you cannot overthink and try to rationalize. You just have to go with it and enjoy it, highly logical thinkers may have an issue with this and find it frustrating. I did not really have this problem but I know my friends did. There was also times where the show seemed to know that viewers may lose interest and they created unneeded problems; there were also moments of romance that did not quite fit the moment considering all the other occurring events at that time in the show. However, the production quality was simply amazing. That was one of the best parts. The cinematography and lighting fit everything, camera angles enhanced the experience a lot. The transitions between worlds and characters v. humans were fascinating and well done. For me, the only reason I am not giving the story a 10 is because of a few weak spots in the plot, some of the scenes that were written made it seem as though the writers were trying too hard to keep the attention of the audience or were trying to do exactly what the audience wanted - this occurred more towards the end of the show, and the ending was not quite what I hoped for, but much, much better than I expected. There was nothing super unsatisfying about the end, like what I have experienced with other shows. There was a balance of good and bad throughout the show, happy and sad, and I think the ending brought that fairly full circle.

ACTING/CAST: Holy crap. There were many actors in this cast and I loved all of them to an extent. I did not hate a single person, even the villains. I will break it down person by person, but I am not going into all of them. Han Hyo Joo (Oh Yeon Joo) is the main female. The only other thing I had seen her in, before W, was Postman to Heaven. I loved her in that movie and I loved her in this show. Her acting fit the character so well, subtle cues that added to a character that could easily be flat. From her interactions with other cast members to portraying different emotions, she did it all in a fairly realistic manner you can connect to- considering the subject matter of the show. For me, she alone deserves a 9 or 10. Now, Lee Jong Suk. I want to say he had a stellar performance, but it was not the best thing ever. I do not think that was him so much as it was the role itself. Kang Chul is, in general, a bit too perfect, a bit too flat. He was not written with the depth I was hoping, but I think Lee Jong Suk put forth as much as he could into the character. I would give him, maybe, an 8 on his own? The romance between Kang Chul and Oh Yeon Joo was a bit too perfect, withstanding all the problems a little too easily, but it was by no means the worst romance I have seen. It was not 100% natural, but I thought it was pretty good. BUT we must talk about Kim Eui Seong. Kim Eui Seong plays Oh Sung Moo (Oh Yeon Joo's father) and I loved his performance. He by far was one of the most complex characters, and Kim Eui Seong's acting throughout the show, no matter what was demanded of him, was simply amazing. I quickly figured out he is an actor I would watch in anything. He is so good at portraying emotion and interacting with his fellow cast. I assume this comes from his being older and having more roles under his belt, but I think he was my favorite in this show. By far, the best performance in the show. He alone would receive a 10/10. The reason I give the overall cast an 8 is because not everyone was a stand out in this show, but I think that was less about the actors and more about the character roles written. They seemed awfully flat and you could tell they were only there because they were needed to push the story at times. Do Yoon (Chul's best friend and bodyguard) was fairly good and I think pushed his character as much as he could considering how it was written, and Soo Hee (Chul's friend and secretary) was not as great as I was hoping. She was a letdown, but again I think I blame the writing.

MUSIC: I really enjoyed this soundtrack. The songs used in the show are pretty recognizable and some get stuck in your head. It was not a soundtrack you end up hating, at least not for me. I actually saved up money and bought the entire soundtrack, which I have only done with a few shows. The best song for me was Without You by N of Vixx and Yeoeun of Melody Day. However, not all the songs are great or memorable, you realize that it was how they were cut and used in the show that made them better, but it is by no means a letdown. I must also mention, the placement and editing of the songs for the show were very well done. They simply added to the moments of the show and made things happier or more heartbreaking depending on the scene in action.

REWATCH: I actually have watched this show twice, once by myself, once all the way with my friends. I also enjoy it if I need a dose of romance or action for the background while doing homework. Many would probably rewatch this show, it definitely has the potential to be rewatched, and it has a bit of everything to appeal to different audiences. I have watched it on my own and with multiple friend groups - all the way and random episodes. But I do think it is a show you have to be in the mood for, It is not something I watched religiously but in binges. This is a very binge-worthy show. But I struggled to watch it week to week while it was airing.

OVERALL: I would give this show a 9/10. It has great acting and a good storyline, but it is not perfect. Many dramas are not perfect, so I have learned not to nitpick but I Think this show did a fairly good job and considering it was much anticipated I did not find it to be disappointing at all. I think many will like this show and should give it a try, especially those who are new to dramaland or want a high production show (think high production like City Hunter or Descendants of the Sun).

You're My Pet
Aug 9, 2016
I had never seen the Japanese version or read the manga (Kimi Wa Petto) but now that I have there will be a few comparisons (you have been warned!)

The storyline is okay, compared to the jdrama and manga it is kind of weak and (I noticed my first time watching it) somewhat rushed. I didn't feel like I had missed the main story, but some of the finer details that would have made everything a little more realistic - as realistic as a story like this could be.This would have been great as a drama! I think it needed more development but the emphasis of music was fun (except that final song. I hated that.) And it vaguely followed the manga but not really.

Jang Geun Suk was adorable in this film, he acted the part of MoMo really well and I honestly thought he was perfect until I encountered the original. I don't think they could have picked a better Korean actor for the part. The rest of the cast seemed to fade into the background for me and it wasn't bad, but it wasn't the best. Kim Ha Neul was okay; some people complain she is creepy and even the whole idea behind the film is horrible, but I think she emphasized the role of a woman joking and proposing an outlandish idea to get rid of kid and then getting in too deep pretty well. However, I just didn't feel that much chemistry between her and Jang Geun Suk.

If you haven't seen the jdrama version or read the manga you will probably like this. The story is quirky, cute and funny. I loved it until I encountered the originals. I might rewatch this, especially if I want something super cute in a very short amount of time and I think everyone should try it BUT the Japanese version is better in my opinion. That being said, I cannot wait to try out the remake of the Jdrama with 16 episodes.

Kimi wa Petto
Aug 9, 2016
Kimi Wa Petto has one of the most original plots I have encountered considering the manga and the year. While the older woman and younger man trope has hit a boom in recent years, this show has more than just that in its value. Career, gender, tradition, public image, self image and worth, romance, [very little] sex, love, and age are all components of this show. Of course it varies from the manga somewhat, especially where it ends seeing as the actual manga was not finished in 2003 but 2005 and it is only !) episodes. However, it was very good. There is comedy, competition, romance, and even a little bit of heartbreak/angst - something to appeal to almost everyone. Compared to the Korean version (which I saw first) I prefer this version. Each version has it's own pros and cons but this version was a little more on the realistic side than its Korean film counterpart, which was a little disappointing. The cinematography was nice enough, some things showed its age, but nothing was wrong or annoying. The camera angles definitely enhanced the involvement of the viewer.

The acting was mostly pleasant, a little iffy at times, but never cringe-worthy. This is Kato Koyuki's first main role beyond a few minor parts in shows/films and modelling so it makes sense for her to be awkward at times, especially because stiffness is the main trait of her character Sumire. While she was not the best actress, it is nothing that can"t be ignored. No one was a super stand out star for me except the wonderful Matsumoto Jun, or rather, MoMo. He officially made this show, he was the best character out of everyone (in my opinion.) As much as I want to say I love Jang Geun Suk as MoMo in the Korean version, Matsumoto is the best. The other actors were pleasant enough to watch, especially Sumire's best friend. She was another fun character.

There wasn't too much music involved in the show. When it did occur it had good placement and the dance scenes were fun to watch. I could sense the passion and found them interesting, especially with it being more contemporary and expressive dancing.

Overall, I really loved this show even with its few flaws. It is also very rewatchable. I would reccommend this show to many people. There is also no weird feeling that makes you question Sumire's intentions with MoMo, something many complain about with the Korean film as being creepy. I think you should definitely watch this if you have time to kill, want something cute, have read the manga, or want to compare versions even. I'm also looking forward to watching the 16 episode Japanese remake, hopefully they can flesh the story out more.