• Birthday: January 01
  • Join Date: October 31, 2013
A Clear Midsummer Night
Apr 13, 2015
A great drama! I had very little expectations when I started watching this drama because the the ratings weren't high and there weren't many reviews written.

This drama by no means is perfect, in fact it has many flaws with sinful number of drama cliches. There were definitely lots of holes in the plot and some situations were just downright crazy. Some of the characters' behaviours were extreme and very unrealistic.

However, unbelievably these seemingly major flaws were overshadowed by the overall story about love, friendships and family relationships. I was completely drawn into the lives of these surprisingly interesting characters. The bromance between Jin Fan and Xie Chuang is one of the best I've seen in any drama. Their chemistry was perfect and they were joy to watch. I love to know the name of the actor that played Xie Chuang because he was so good. And wow, Hawick Lau portrayed his character, Jin Fan to perfection. I am a big fan of his now.

The romance between the main couple was cute as they had good chemistry but I also found the second couple (Xie Chuang and Jin Fan's sister) adorable. The story about the corporate world was surprisingly equally interesting as the relationships between the characters.

This drama absolutely exceeded my expectations, it made me laugh, cry and actually care about the characters deeply. I normally try to avoid watching long dramas because I get bored easily but I was thoroughly entertained by all 51 episodes.

Jumong
Jan 13, 2014
This is an amazingly epic drama. I first watched this drama while it was on air and I loved it then but watching it again years later made me appreciate it more. Don't let 81 episodes discourage you from watching this wonderful saguek. I was thoroughly entertained by each and every one of those episodes. The story is fantastic, the writing, directing and acting is done so well. This drama really grabbed me from the first episode and then it took me along on a journey like I've ever experienced with any other drama. This is now my all time favourite drama.
I would highly recommend this drama to anyone who can appreciate a great story with action, romance, bromance and a great cause to fight for.

My P.S. Partner
Dec 15, 2013
This movie is so good that I just had to write a review. Firstly, beware the content is sexually explicit but that aspect definitely adds realism to the movie. The phone conversations are hilarious and sexy. Both Ji Sung and Kim A Joong portrayed their characters perfectly. After watching so many KDramas with unrealistic love scenes, it was refreshing to see some realistic sex scenes and hear realistic conversations among friends. A thoroughly enjoyable movie about finding love.
Fly, Daddy, Fly
Nov 26, 2013
This is a very underrated movie, the story is simple but sweet and Lee Moon-Sik is fabulous as the father fighting to stand up against the bullies for his daughter. Lee Joon-Gi is very cool as the fighter/trainer. There is a great chemistry between Lee Moon-Sik and Lee Joon-Gi (even better than in Iljimae). If you are looking for an up lifting movie, then this movie should do it.
BORDER
Jun 6, 2014
This drama was my introduction to JDrama and I am glad that I ventured outside of KDrama. Oguri Shun and the other cast members portrayed their characters very convincingly and I especially liked the dark undertone of the show. I also appreciated the understated approach of the show; the characters were not overly emotional or reacted to situations in an exaggerated manner. Each episode dealt with different crimes and most of them were quite original. I would recommend this drama to anyone who enjoys good crime dramas.
Two Weeks
Oct 31, 2013
I loved the fast pace of this drama, there was never a dull moment. Lee Joon Ki did a fabulous job of portraying Tae-San, a man on the run. The changes and challenges experienced by Tae-San is moving and evokes empathy for the character. Child actor, Lee Chae-Mi portrays Tae-San's daughter, Soo-Jin beautifully. The interactions between Tae-San and Soo-Jin are precious. I watched it again and it was even better. Lee Joon Ki's acting has definitely improved over the years.
Montage
Oct 5, 2014
One of the best crime/thriller movie I've ever watched. It was really well written and directed. It was suspenseful and thrilling to a very satisfying end. Uhm Jung Hwa's portrayal of victim's mother was so convincing that it felt like I was on the harrowing journey with her, especially in one particular gut wrenching scene. I would highly recommend this movie to anyone who appreciates and enjoys crime/thriller genre.
Time Between Dog and Wolf
Dec 7, 2013
After watching this drama again for the third time, I thought I should write a review on it. This drama tells a great revenge story with interesting twists. It is action packed and paced well. The chemistry between all the main characters is great, especially between Lee Soo Hyun and Kang Min Ki. Lee Joon Ki portrays Lee Soo Hyun perfectly as the revenge driven character who goes through hell and back.
Rurouni Kenshin
May 29, 2014
I have never seen the anime series and so I watched this movie without any bias or expectations. But I am happy to say that I was totally blown away by it. I haven’t seen many samurai movies but this movie was packed with superbly choreographed action scenes. The characters are very appealing and well acted by all the cast. I totally bought into Takeru Satoh as Kenshin. He somehow managed to pull it off being both cute/funny and deadly at the same time. I would recommend this movie to anyone that enjoys a story where a hero saves the day with some hectic sword fighting.

Tawun Thud Burapah
Nov 22, 2016
This is a seriousIy good drama, I watched all 17 episodes in just one day.

I haven't watched many Thai dramas and I started to watch this out of curiousity but I was hooked after the first episode.

Firstly, I have to admit that some scenes are prettty unrealistic and some actors could improve on their acting.

However, there many other reasons that makes this drama so watchable. The story may not be very original, but it was told beautifully. I thougt it was well written and the directing was surprisingly good. The pacing was very well done and I really like the actors who played the two brothers.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching this drama and I would recommend it to anyone who likes fast paced action driven dramas.

Tonbi
Jun 8, 2014
This is one of the most beautiful dramas I have ever watched. Every episode managed to evoke so much emotions that I had to have a box of tissues on stand by. Uchino Masaaki, Sato Takeru and all the other cast members did an amazing job of bringing a simple but beautifully written story to life. This drama is about life, love between a father and son and friendships. This is a thought provoking and heartfelt drama and I recommend you to watch it with the right mindset.
Special Affairs Team TEN
Nov 15, 2013
I just rewatched this drama and unbelievably it's actually better than I remembered it to be. The stories, writing, directing, acting and music are all perfect. My favourite genre is crime and I have watched many crimes series but this KDrama is outstanding.
The Man From Nowhere
Nov 14, 2013
An awesome movie! It’s a straightforward one man against the bad guys story but it was done with style. Won Bin’s portrayal of Cha Tae-Si is perfect and he looks fabulous in fighting scenes. The interactions between Cha Tae-Si and So-Mi, the little girl in trouble is sweet. This is a well-done action movie because you end up caring about what happens to Cha Tae-Si and So-Mi. It’s so sad to think that may be there are some children living like So-Mi. It’s a rare thing when an action movie actually makes you think.
Crows Zero
May 29, 2014
I stumbled onto this movie because I think Oguri Shun is a good actor and I wanted to see him in something prior to ‘Border’. I am so glad that I found this little gem of a movie. There are many over the top awesome action scenes, some great characters and a good simple story. This movie was simply FUN to watch, there are some hilarious scenes but surprisingly it has heart as well. It was a thoroughly enjoyable movie to watch and Oguri Shun is fabulous as Genji.
City Hunter
Oct 31, 2013
My KDrama addiction started with City Hunter. It’s not a perfect drama but it has a good story, great action, humour and a cute romance. All the characters are likeable and they are well portrayed by all the actors. The pace of the drama is consistent and every episode is thoroughly entertaining. I would highly recommend this drama to anyone who wants more than just a rom-com.