News Details
- Last Online: 3 days ago
- Gender: Female
- Location: ᴄʜɪʟʟɪɴ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴀ ᴠɪʟʟᴀɪɴ
- Contribution Points: 120 LV2
- Roles: VIP
- Join Date: May 8, 2012
- Awards Received:
8
33
3
4
5
1
3
1
News
K-Drama
K-Drama
8
33
3
4
5
1
3
1
I agree with you about the inconsistency. They both just made unilateral decisions. YJ to apply to NY, HD to break up. No discussion at all. I thought it was weirder for HD though, because she is usually the one to say whatever she is feeling at any moment, but she never showed discontentment and just went ending things, which is why I said out of character for her. BYJ tends to keep things more to himself, but the whole 9/11 thing... someone else said it but I agree- It felt like a plot device. In order to fit the writer's intention for the ending they needed something to force them apart and mess with their relationship. Between that, the unilateral decisions, the argument, the diary, and finally them running to each other at the exact same time, the breakup ended up feeling more unnatural and just as forced as a fairytale happy ending would have.
I don't understand the present timeline either. They made a big deal about her marrying and having a kid and for what? Just as a way to tell the story? BYJ and her entire group of friends had such a huge impact on her life and yet her daughter has never even heard of them? From that I am assuming none of them ever kept in touch, and we aren't told or shown where they are now. Sorry for the novel I tried to keep it concise but whoops lol
HD wanted BJ to share everything but turned stoic herself. She never expressed any disappointment until she said to break up, keeping it in her magical diary which has the great timing to find BYJ just before he leaves so they can have one last tearful goodbye.
Even though BYJ was a selfless person- as evidenced by him staying in NY even though it's killing his mental health, he was kinda selfishly expecting only HD to understand and always wait for him. I thought after the phone call at end of 15 it would hit him that he is always saying he is sorry to her. He had once said he wanted her to only have good experiences. I thought he would realize he was no longer able to give her that and decide to let her go. Even though I am not a fan of noble idiocy, I thought it would actually work here because of YJ personality, and because HD was also tired of waiting and being disappointed like she always was with her mom.
I wish it would have been mutual, rather than having that fight. I felt like the writer was trying to make it even more emotional with the whole diary thing. So I see no problem with the break-up, I just wanted it to happen a bit differently.
I did want to live in denial of a bittersweet ending for a while, but that's my own issue hahaha
From the beginning, the writing was on the wall.