News Details
- Last Online: 4 days ago
- Gender: Female
- Location: ᴄʜɪʟʟɪɴ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴀ ᴠɪʟʟᴀɪɴ
- Contribution Points: 120 LV2
- Roles: VIP
- Join Date: May 8, 2012
- Awards Received:
8
33
3
4
5
1
3
1
News
K-Drama
Editorials
8
33
3
4
5
1
3
1
My main confusion with his solution though, is that he didn't seem to even attempt other methods before employing the fake affair. If he did we didn't see it. Did he even try to tell her he was miserable and wanted a divorce? There might be even more to his side of the story, but I can only go off what I know so far.
Seeing how miserable Eun Bum was in his marriage, I can totally see why he wanted to divorce, but did he really have to pick the most drastic method that was guaranteed to hurt her the most? I get that he didn't actually cheat, but the fake affair caused her just as much pain as him actually cheating would have, so I really can't agree with his solution.
Has he never heard of counseling or separation? While I guess he can't force her to divorce, he doesn't necessarily have to live with her. That being said, I like that they are trying to show problems within the legal system, like how hard it can be to get out of a miserable marriage if only one of you is miserable. The fact that it's the man wanting out this time is something new.
Didn't the sml say to fl that he found out later that she had been married to his friend?
YES- I loved the dynamic between Robin and CF. Their difference in personalities made them perfect friends. They complimented each other so well and covered up each other's weaknesses with their strengths. It also got very interesting as they started to reveal other sides of themselves and their dark history.
"playing Sherlock Holme was more of a means to deliver the messages"- You are so right! I went into this thinking light mystery/slice of life, but the way they used the cases to convey different messages made this drama a whole lot deeper and meaningful.
Your description of Su Yui as the "sunlight and warmth" of Monster Vintage is spot on.
regarding 2nd fl "she never truly seemed like a part of the team for me"- Exactly. This is what had been bothering me. Being a late joiner makes her feel like an outsider and one who offers nothing, not even a spark.
Personally, I did not empathize with Gu Nam. It's always illogical to blame someone else for our own behavior, but people do this all the time. In light of his feelings of betrayal, his resentment made sense, but they went too far with his character. He became a murderer and was smiling as he was hurting SY. I needed Gu Nam to show some feelings of hate mixed with hurt(rather than ego), and some feelings of guilt or regret even if he is already committed to his plan. He also had that stereotypical off-his-rocker villain laugh and had developed a split personality? A person can do bad things and still retain some of their senses.
"The whole show seemed like a piece of art, proven by 468 screenshots I took"- So much yes! I will have to count my screenshots, but I took A LOT
I am also curious how they will wrap things up.
I've enjoyed our interaction. It's not always easy to have a civil conversation with differing opinions in the comment section :D
His 2nd lead status coupled with his cuteness seemed to prohibit him from being such a dark character XD
no real meaning, then it was only intended to mislead the viewers.
The writer could have kept what we saw in the flashbacks. Hae Ahn's brother being the drunk driver, being torn between saving his brother and the kid, which led to a poor response time that could have saved them both. The connection would still be there as well as guilt, but the tone of the drama wouldn't have changed from a healing, romantic melodrama with a dash of comedy, which was balanced pretty well in the first half. Instead, the twist seems like a cheap trick for shock value (to me)and turned it into a thriller, which this drama never was. That is what some people are unhappy with. The themes of sin, forgiveness, and redemption could have been kept without making Hae Ahn so morally bankrupt.
I can see why some people might find the twist exciting, but I just don't think it fits in with the first 12 episodes. Just my two cents. I mean no disrespect to your pov :)