• Last Online: Aug 25, 2018

leahakiko

California
Sunny
Aug 26, 2012
Wow I wasn't really expecting to love this movie, heard of it because of Kang Sora but never read the plot until I looked on this site and all I have to say is that this movie was simply amazing. It is just once of those great stories about friendship during school and 25 years later.

I love love love romance in any movie but I didn't mind at all that there really wasn't any in this movie because it didn't need it at all. The story of the girls friendship was strong enough to keep the movie going. And the cast was extremely cute and funny throughout the whole movie and during the emotional scenes they acted well.

To my surprise there was a lot of fighting. which i don't mind at all because they made some scenes hilarious.

would definitely recommend this to anyone!

Letters from Iwo Jima
Aug 24, 2012
This is probably one of the best war movies I've ever seen without getting bored or confused. I actually had to watch this for History back in high school (had a list of war movies) and I just picked this one because I love learning about WWll and it was the only Japan war movie.

To my surprise when I started it Ninomiya's face appeared. Same with Ken Watanabe. (didn't look up the cast, just watched it on netflix lol) Ninomiya is a great actor and meshed well with Ken, who is just one of thee best Japanese actors I know. The supporting cast was also great.

The movie mainly shows the Japanese side of WWll for the battle of Iwo Jima. it also showed the horror of the battle but also some good which is weird to say for a war movie. to some people it can be a little..glory but i didn't think it was too bad.

the reason why I rated music so high is because i absolutely loved the instrumental music that was used for this movie. It puts you into a bittersweet mood.

Obviously this movie isn't for everyone, since I know a lot of people could care less about history, but people should give this movie a try.

From Me to You
Aug 22, 2012
For a movie I think this came out well. I never read the manga but watched the anime and the movie used a lot of the main, important parts I believe.

I loved the cast. Though I'm not a big fan of Mikako Tabe, I think she played Sawako well. And i may be biased with Miura Haruma, but I love him in almost every drama/movie he's in. The supporting cast was also great.

Maybe this would've been better as a 8,9 or 10 episode drama but for what it is, i think it was a great movie and i rewatch it all the time
1 Litre no Namida
Aug 21, 2012
Oh how does someone describe a drama like this without getting sad. This was the very first emotional drama i ever watched and i must say, i have never cried so much during a drama.

this drama was based off a true story, which makes it sadder when you realize it, and considering they only made 11 episodes, they fit quite a lot and still made it an excellent drama.

the cast was p e r f e c t i o n ! Erika played Aya amazingly while Nishikido Ryo played his supporting role well. (his crying scenes made me BAWL) the family was also great and same with the others that had small roles. the music was also just perfect. the songs put you into a certain mood, it's hard for me to even explain but it makes the drama that more emotional.

i would recommend anyone to watch this. it's very sad but also extremely inspiring. and if you can, read the real diary from Aya (;

Protect the Boss
Nov 20, 2013
After reading reviews on this drama and finally watching it, I'd have to say I agree with what a lot of people have said.

This had a typical kind of story, rich guys, poor girls etc. But there was just something different about this drama. There was just something unique about this drama. I can't even put my finger on why or what made it unique. Maybe it was the all of the cast with a mix of the fun instrumental music that's played in every episode. I honestly can't say without giving spoilers away.

I absolutely loved this cast! The chemistry with all the actors was simply amazing. This is the first time where I loved every character, and that is simply hard to do. I couldn't even help liking the "bad guys". The main girl had such a strong personality and wasn't easily bullied. She would fight back. Which is something I wish more dramas would have. Lord knows how many times I almost punched my screen because the main girl can't stand up for herself.

Can I just say that Ji Sung & Jaejoong are some serious eye candy! First time watching a drama with both of them and I was impressed. I didn't expect Jaejoong's character to be like how he was with Ji Sung's character. And this was literally the first time where I didn't hate "The Other Girl" (Ji Hye's character) Yeah, when you first see her you think, oh lord, now the drama starts. But seriously right after that feeling I liked her! She was always fun to have in the scenes, she made me laugh a lot actually.

Wasn't much music besides a few songs and a few instrumental songs, but it all fit perfectly.

I would've given this drama a higher score but I honestly felt the last few episodes were unneeded. By 15 I wanted it to be the last episode but they kept dragging the last 3 episodes with a storyline that I felt could've been done within one.

But other than that, great great drama!

Ikemen Desu Ne
Jul 13, 2012
Watched you're beautiful way before Ikemen Desu Ne was even talked about so I gave this a chance, i usually love Japanese dramas more than Korean ones especially if they have the same story, and even though i saw YB first i loved this version a lot more. partly because it was only 11 episode and got right to the point but not in a way that was too fast. (I get tired of Korean dramas easily for dragging on.)

I preferred this Ren & Mio a lot more. the actors chemistry was good and they acted well together. I actually liked them a lot more than the Korean actors.

The music was the same as the Korean version, just in japanese & there was an added song which is probably the best song from both versions.

All in All, it's a good drama. i rewatch it again all the time (:

Moon Embracing the Sun
Jan 19, 2016
To anyone who still has yet to watch this drama: after finishing, you will fully understand why there was such a hype for this drama when it came out. I am upset that I have waited 4 years to finally watch it!

Story | If anyone happens to see this on Netflix, the plot given on there is nothing compared to one this site and does not give this drama justice when trying to appeal to an audience. I wouldn't even be able to put into words the story that this drama gave. There's the typical fairytale aspect is there with it's adorable romance story but also with dark twists and annoying turns while also a bit of comedy to help ease the viewers who were probably biting their nails down. This is the first time I've been speechless when trying to comment on the story, it was just perfectly written in my eyes and there are plenty of other reviews that have praised and talked more about the story.

Cast | Woo. Well, first of all, the younger cast was perfection. Yeo Jin Goo and Kim Yoo Jung are amazing actors and this is four years prior to what we have seen recently. They had their own special charms that when they were no longer the bulk of the drama, I was sad for a couple episodes. I also adored Lee Min Hoo's acting as the prince. Him and Jin Goo got me every time with their gazes and their emotions. Now, the adult cast, can't really lie, it took me a while to warm up to Han Ga In. But, that might just be me still not fully loving the historical genre. In the end I couldn't have seen anyone else playing her role and I loved her with Kim Soo Hyun. Prior to this drama, I had only see Kim Soo Hyun in Dream High and I'm not sure why because he is a terrific actor. Whether he had an emotional scene, a heated scene or a comedic scene, I loved every second of him throughout this entire drama. Supporting cast was great also, the prince, princess, family members, politicians etc. everyone was casted perfectly.

Music | Kim Soo Hyun's The One and Only You has been on repeat for the past two weeks. Might be my all time favorite OST for a Korean drama. Lyn's song and Monday Kiz's song are also perfection. Those and the instrumentals fit perfectly for every scene in this drama and after the first few episodes knew I needed these songs on my phone right away. I also think dramas are more attractive when they have a great soundtrack and this drama had that.

Rewatch | I need time to heal from that rollercoaster of a drama but I will for sure come back to this drama again.

Overall | Maybe one of the best Korean dramas I have seen. Considering this is a historical drama, that's surprising even to myself. I was actually going to complain a little about the dragged out middle in the drama but realized, everything was set to a pace to tell the story perfectly in a way that was easy to understand and I for once appreciated the slow paced episodes. I also have never fallen in more love with side characters as much as I have with this drama. Certain characters really made this drama for me and now I can fully understand why everyone was talking about this drama back in 2012. It's a must watch for all drama watchers regardless of preference.

Clover
Sep 15, 2015
Huh. I don't know how I ended up watching this movie but I thank youtube for having this on the "related videos" sidebar!

Story | Suzuki Saya is an office worker in the event planning department for a hotel. She's always having to be corrected by her strict and straight forward boss, Tsuge Susumu. What seems like out of left field, the two begin a relationship and along the way they both learn some valuable lessons about themselves. A very typical Shoujo manga plot. In other words, another cliché, but I am a person who doesn't get tired of such clichés.

Acting | Can we just all take a moment to appreciate how beautiful Takei Emi is. She's always been pretty to me, but it was extremely refreshing to see her play a more mature, non-student, older role. She still had the goofy, cringe worthy type of moments but I quite enjoyed her as Saya. I don't believe I've seen Okura Tadayoshi in anything so at first I didn't even realize it was him. Strangely, I loved his character and how he played it. He was a type to hide his emotions and he acted that out well and when he did need to show emotion he showed a nice amount that would seem believable for his character. Chemistry wise, for a movie, I thought it wasn't that bad and it was presently on screen. Things kind of just happened so I was like "oh, okay well..okay." but they had so many moments where I honestly thought they were adorable together. Supporting cast, I really liked Saya's hotel coworkers, especially her two close friends. They had small roles but somehow played a bigger role than I had anticipated.

Music | Besides Kanjani8's song and the use of a Disney song, I don't think there was anything besides instrumentals. Kanjani8's song was a nice touch for the ending credits.

Rewatch | Not anytime soon, but I know I'll come back to it some day.

Overall | For a live action based on a manga, I thought it was actually pretty decent. My only complaint is I wish they used Hino Haruki's character is a better way. I don't really know how to describe this without spoilers but I thought his character could've been used to help others character developments, well, more than what was given. Other than that, I don't really have any other complaints. This was a simple and cute movie. Not sure why the score is low, but give it a try!

The Eternal Zero
Sep 11, 2015
I know this movie is more fiction than nonfiction but wow, I would say it's one of the best war movies I have ever seen.

Story | In modern day Japan, Kentaro finds out that his grandfather is not his biological grandfather. So his grandchildren set out to find out more about their grandfathers life during World War Two as a Kamikaze Pilot. They hear story after story to help reveal the true story of what really happened 60 years ago (assuming the present time takes place in 2004/2005)

Cast | For the most part amazing. Okada portrayed Miyabe's character so well. I don't know how to really explain it. He had such a calming feel yet but was able to show his desire to live at the same time. I actually have an issue with Miura Haruma in this movie. I personally love him as an actor and for the most part, him as Kentaro was fine, he showed character development and whatnot but my only problem was that his facial expressions and some actions were a bit of an overreaction. And it's a shame because he's suppose to be a character that us, as a younger generation, should relate to (if we are basing this off the younger generation's ignorance of war). That was the only unfortunate part. Moving on, the pilots and the older actors of those pilots were terrific. It was amazing how even though the story wasn't about them, their (younger pilots) character developments throughout the movie were fluid, believable and are a big reason why this movie turned out as great as it did.

Music | I was actually going to score music low because there wasn't much, but the ending theme song deserved a higher rating. Hotaru is such a heart wrenching song after watching that entire movie. I'm going to assume it was written for the movie and the lyrics are simple yet explain the theme of the movie perfectly.

Rewatch | Definitely. It's a movie I'll recommend to friends and if I can watch it with them, I will get the popcorn and tissues ready.

Overall | I can't say "great" enough times. Me, personally, I love movies about WWII. I have family connections to both the Japan and the U.S side during WWII so any chance I get to see a movie, I'll watch. And this definitely didn't disappoint. Though it is fiction, it was a nice little insider to what it might have been like for the Kamikaze pilots. Something most people know very little about. The struggles of knowing you are suppose to die honorably for your country but still wanting to live..that's something we as a younger generations will never fully understand and I'm glad this was a main theme for the movie.

I also believe another reason why this movie turned out so well was the connections that had to be made to tell the whole story. Everything started off in a rough patch and then the haze started to become clear and then everything just made sense. Everything making sense makes me extremely happy because honestly in the beginning I wasn't sure how this was going to turn out. I also loved it because it's not just about war and finding one's self, it's so much more than that. This movie provides life lessons about living one's life and knowing that life is a precious thing even though at the that time/era it was seen as an act of cowardliness.

I hope people can give this movie a chance. Stories about WWII are slowly being forgotten or untold and this movie is a good reminded that people in that era has their own story; everyone just kind of hid it in their heart and carried on as if nothing happened. Even if war movies are not your genre, it's a movie that should be watched.

The Vancouver Asahi
Apr 27, 2015
Had the pleasure of watching this movie at a film festival and I am so glad I did. I may be biased when it comes to Japanese baseball movies but when I say this is good, it really is great.

Story is based off a real baseball team during the early 1900s from Vancouver mainly made up of Nisei players who struggle to balance working (twice as hard as the Whites while getting paid much less), baseball and most of all they struggle to win. But Reggie (Reji), the leader figures out a way to be able to beat the "big and strong" Vancouver teams. They get praised for their "brain play" and start to win while fighting the discrimination they receive daily from the White community. I feel the main point this story was trying to point out was that this game that everyone (ok not really) loves can change the minds and hearts and help build a bridge to connect the two communities.

Cast, I was able to recognize some of the actors/actresses used in this movie. Wasn't even the slightest bit disappointed with any of the cast members. I loved Satoshi and Kame's roles. They played their characters well. One being shy and the other being tough around the edges but at the same time gave some needed comic relief at times (along with other actors).
Also never watched Mitsuki Takahata in anything before but her acting was perfect. Her scenes had everyone's attention. Everyone casted was terrific!

Can't remember music too well, besides the upbeat instrumentals during the baseball scenes.

If i could buy this movie now, I would just so I could watch it again. It was a heartfelt movie.
I can't praise this movie enough. If you have a chance to see this while is plays at film festivals, you MUST watch this. It may seem slow in the beginning but it moves along nicely. This is just one of those movies that really makes you rethink things after finishing. Terrific movie & I hope it wins all the awards it deserves.

Niini no Koto wo Wasurenaide
Jul 19, 2013
I have had my fair share of sad Japanese movies and dramas but by far Niini no Koto wo Wasurenaide is the one thee saddest drama I have ever come across.

It's based off a true story, which just kills you a little more inside as you watch. A 15 year old boy who is so ambitious about school and life suddenly finds out he has a tumor in his brain. Just knowing that alone, your heart breaks a little inside. He had so many goals for his future and for this sudden news to come out of nowhere, Keisuke falls into despair and becomes rebellious and has given up on everything in a way.

I have cried during many movies and dramas but this one, this one had me crying buckets. I paused this so many times because I couldn't breathe or my eyes were too watery to read the subtitles.

That's when you know the cast did a phenomenal job at acting. Ryo. Oh Nishikido Ryo. When he cries, boy can he cry. His acting is always amazing. But I think this has to be one of my favorite works from him. His scenes where he lashed out at his mother felt so real and emotional. With that, Hitomi Kuroki, did an outstanding job as Keisuke's mother. The scenes with her and Ryo were just amazing. Everything felt so real. Too real even.

This is a real tearjerker. Just thinking about it makes me want to tear up. If you decide to watch it, please be prepared with a box of tissues. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants to see a sad movie or loves tearjerkers.

As One
Nov 10, 2012
Great, great movie. Gave the story a 10 because it was based off a true story. Never heard about this movie until today, mainly watched it because Lee Jong Suk talked about it on a variety show. I didn't know the story or cast and just watched it.

This is a very inspiring movie. there are always movies about enemies somehow getting put together and becoming a team, but it's usually fiction. the fact that this actually happened makes it that much more amazing.

I loved the cast. didn't realize Ha Ji Won was in it, and as always she aced her role. the supporting roles were all great. there wasn't one person that didn't fit their role.

I absolutely love sport movies and the ones based on true stories are the best! Plus the ending was just priceless. it made me smile (: Everyone should watch this movie!

The Master's Sun
May 17, 2014
Finally got around to watching this drama. I heard from so many that it was one of the best drama of 2013.

I can completely understand why. It was different that other dramas I've been watching and though it lacked certain aspects that I usually love, it was such a refreshing drama.

I'll just warn people who aren't good with scary movies, the first maybe 7 episodes have ghost that may scare you. So i'd suggest watching during the day. Not going to lie, I had to pause a few times in certain episodes because the music just gets to me ;~~; But please don't let that stop you from watching this!

The story didn't really grab my attention but the first episode got me hooked on watching to be honest. Usually the first episode is usually the hardest to watch but the characters grabbed my attention and pulled me in to watching more.

I adored this cast. Everyone was picked perfectly! After watching I can't imagine anyone else playing the roles. This is my first So Ji Sub/Gong Hyo Jin drama and both were perfect. So Ji Sub's acting was hilariously great. His gestures and the way he talked made me become a fan. And I know some people complained about Gong Hyo Jin's acting but her acting for Tae Gong Shi makes sense when you get deeper into the drama. The supporting cast was great too. From the aunt, uncle, other loves, secretary, Kingdom workers etc I loved everyone that was casted.

One thing I really, really loved about this drama was the soundtrack. Touch Love is such an amazing song. It was on repeat even before I watched this drama. All About was a more upbeat song that was great as an insert. The instrumentals of the OSTs and the piano pieces were flawlessly perfect.

I am so content with this drama. I would definitely recommend this to anyone and I already want to rewatch this drama!

Classic
Aug 17, 2015
Ah man. My eyes are still red from crying. I don't understand why I loved this movie so much. It was simple and a complete cliche, but the acting, the ending, and the overall finish of this movie left me feeling sad yet completely content at the same time.

Story | (This movie goes back and forth between the past and the present, so don't get confused as to why the main actress is with two different men.) Two love stories in two different decades. In both stories, someone writes a love letter to the person they themselves have feelings for, but let someone else use their true feelings to attract the one they like. Through many events, both stories develop and change for the better and for worse.

Cast | Originally, I only watched this because of Jo In Sung, but ended up loving Jo Seung Woo's character and acting. His character was lovable and when he was serious, I could feel my heart jerking. Ah. he was great. Son Ye Jin was great as her two roles but her chemistry with Jo Seung Woo was undeniable. There wasn't much time to show a better connection between her and In Sung's character but even with the little time they had, I loved them together. Lee Ki Woo made his character extremely lovable and you couldn't help but love him even with the storyline. Not much air time for the supporting characters, but I enjoyed them.

Music | Any movie or drama that has an amazing instrumental will automatically win me over in the music category. When I Love you More and More is an amazing OST with lyrics and with just instrumentals. It puts you in the right mood for this type of movie.

Rewatch | Not too sure, I did love it though. It was a great movie that is for sure, but my god was it sad. It hit me in a certain spot and I'm not sure if I could handle this movie a second time. Maybe in a few years I'll rewatch but as of right now, I am scarred from the greatness of this movie.

Overall | Great. That's it. I'm not going to lie, parts of this movie moved slower than I hoped. But the last 20 minutes of this movie made all those slow moments worth it. This is that type of movie where you need to watch it because of the ending. The ending made this movie great (to me). If you're ever in the mood for a romantic yet tearjerker (hope that's not just me that love that combination), this is your movie. Please anyone thinking about this, give it a watch!

Tumbling
Sep 3, 2012
I'm usually biased when it comes to dramas with actors I've seen in other dramas. So I decided to watch this because I adored Yusuke Yamamoto in Atashinchi no Danshi. To my surprised I really enjoyed this drama and a lot of the other actors I didn't realize were in the drama.

Though the plot seems kind of unrealistic I feel Yusuke and the other delinquents in the drama played their roles off well. I loved the whole cast. Especially Akira, though the story was mainly around the "kids" he played an important role as their mentor and I think he played it pretty well.

It was interesting seeing the actors actually attempting to do all the gymnastic moves. it showed how much effort they put into it. And they weren't half bad.

This is a fun but at times serious drama about teamwork, strength and friendship. It's one of those where you don't mind there being little to no romance if you love romance in dramas. I rewatch this drama from time to time and I never get tired of it.