• Last Online: Aug 25, 2018

leahakiko

California
Portrait of a Beauty
Dec 2, 2014
Wow. Didn't find out till after I finished this movie that there was a drama ver. So some of my complaints kind of make sense now.

The story line isn't exactly unique but I loved it. This was such a good love story. Didn't move me to tears but the actors chemistry was so great that I believed I was watching someones real life story instead of a movie.

What I also love is that there wasn't much talking between the two leads but you could just see and sense the love. Which is why I scored acting so high. Their eye gazes. certain movements and gestures where more than enough, more than words could say I guess.

Only think that I can complain about is that I feel like some things were left unanswered, not sure if that's just me though. Things moved fast and some things I was confused about why a certain situation happened but it's a movie and i don't expect it explain every single thing.

I'm glad I stumbled upon this, It's a mature love story and it's a lot different than other dramas/movies I usually watch.

Boys Over Flowers
Aug 21, 2012
I watched the other 2 versions before i watched this and was so excited for it to come out...but when it did i was extremely disappointed. They changed too much from the manga/anime and i couldn't get used to it. i respect the fact that korea likes to be different when adapting a drama but most of the time it never works out in their favor.

I hated how this show dragged on and on and on .___. i got bored. but kept watching hoping that ever episode after would be better..

the cast. oh the cast. really bad in my opinion. they didn't pick people who had chemistry and it showed. i was more interested in sojiro and yuki's (idr the korean names) relationship than jandi and gyo jun po(?).

most of the people that "loved" this drama are the ones that have never watched any other drama/version. if i were one of them i might've loved this drama :/

Trot Lovers
Oct 23, 2014
After seeing some of the low-ish scores other users gave this drama I wasn't sure how well this drama would turn out. I surprisingly zoomed through the 16 episodes and honestly didn't think it was as bad as others had said. Yes there were so many clichés we see in almost every korean drama but I didn't find any faults with them to be honest. I mean, its to be expected.

Plot was okay to me, don't know much about trot music. I feel like it had a good start but somehow after it was all finished, I felt as if a few pieces from the story were still missing. As a whole, it was good. But if you stop and think about certain aspects of this drama, you'll realize a lot was left out.

Cast wise, loved them. Eunji is perfect. Has that innocent look but can be strong at the same time. She wasn't an overpowering strong female lead but she didn't need to be and I'm glad she wasn't. This is the first drama I've watched with Hyun Woo and he isn't hard on the eyes that's for sure. His acting was perfect to me. Emotional scenes, comical scenes and all that in between were great. And them together made for a perfect couple with great chemistry! As for Sung Rok, I loved his carefree attitude in the beginning, was a great second male lead. Everyone else was great too, the coach, loan sharks, evil mothers, Byul, managers etc they were all perfect ~

Music, like i said, I don't know much about trot but boy did I fall in love with it with this drama. Sad that their OSTs don't have actual trot but listening to Eunji sing all those songs she did was so soothing.

I'd say the only down point was how the last episode was handled. I felt they spent too much time with (insert kdrama cliche) that by the time the last episode came, they were spending too much time with other drama instead of focusing on the "happy ending" and I'm not going to lie, I wanted more for the ending. It was cute and could make on smile, but I was hoping for more.

Overall, it's a good drama. Glad I watched it and I'll probably come back just to listen to Eunji sing the trot songs ~

Blue Spring Ride
Sep 4, 2015
For a movie that was based off a manga, I quite enjoyed it. Though I didn't finish the manga, I did read it recently. So the story is still fresh in my mind and speaking honestly, this movie portrayed the manga pretty well.

Story | Two middle school students, Yoshioka Fubata and Tanaka Kou shared mutual feelings. But due to circumstances, Kou ends up moving away and the two lose contact. However, a few years later he returns but as a completely different person which confuses Yoshioka. With the help of a few friends, Yoshioka struggles to try understand Kou's new self and break his hard shell.
Plot is a cliche, I admit. Typical type of Shojo manga storyline but it's a cute story about love, friendship and acceptance.

Cast | Overall I did like the cast. I believe Higashide Masahiro portrayed Kou's character nicely. Playing someone with a "dark" past but keeps it hidden from the world can be done wrongly and I have to say I loved Masahiro in this role. On the other hand, Honda Tsubasa, I have issues with. I didn't love her acting as much. Her bubbly personality seemed too forced. Some of her scenes with Kou were kind of ruined by her weird facial expressions and kind of robotic acting. That being said, her chemistry with Masahiro wasn't 100% here but it wasn't invisible either. There was a spark, but maybe because this was a movie the connection between the two couldn't go deeper.
Supporting characters, I'm honestly disappointed about. I liked those who were casted but this is a manga that had so much information you can't possibly expect everyone to have their moment. I thought the supporting characters played a big part in the story and it was unfortunate their character development in the movie wasn't a priority. (This is probably when the debate on whether this should've been a movie or drama will come into play)

Music | Instrumentals were nice. Helped set the mood for certain situations. Ending theme was cute and nice on the ears. Nothing really to rave about though.

Overall | Again, for what it was, the movie was good. They tweaked a few things and changed certain situations to fit the movie into 2 hours. And the changes I didn't have an issue with surprisingly. What they changed flowed nicely in the story. I'm glad that even with the changes, they kept the important parts of the story the same and they made sure to highlight those scenes. I can't say if this would be better as a drama or not because there is so much in this manga that I can already see things drag on, so as a movie, it's honestly more than what I was expecting. I also say good because the character developments weren't as great as I had hoped but still somewhat noticeable.

If you read the manga or watched the anime, I say give it a try when you're bored and can't find anything to watch. If you haven't, definitely add this to your list! It's a nice romance movie.

Rewatch, I'll probably come back. I really liked Masahiro so I would definitely watch this again despite my small concerns. ALSO, watch till the very end of the credits! The last scene was short but pretty darn adorable!

Fondant Garden
Jul 19, 2013
This drama turned out differently then what I expected. And I mean that in a good way. It was the first Taiwanese drama where I said "Wow, I loved this" after finishing.

It's a very cute romantic comedy drama.
Pretty much a pretty boy who comes from a rich family, just wants to have fun etc. So he pretends to be penniless and works in a pastry shop with the main girl.

I liked the cast for the most part. I didn't realize Jungmin was in this at first. Pretty surprised but his acting was A+ His expressions were perfect. Whether it was a happy, sad, frustrated, or cute expression. Kingone is always spot on. I love his acting. The main girl I didn't really love her all that. Same with her friend. I found them both to be annoying at times.

Music was okay. The opening theme was cute (as well as the graphics of it) and I absolutely loved the song Jungmin song Bad Person & Kimberly's Ai Ni. Both fit perfectly.

Overall this was such a refreshing drama to watch. At times I felt like the drama was dragging on a little bit but it's still one of my favorite Taiwanese dramas. Would definitely recommend this to first time tdrama watchers ~

Rich Man, Poor Woman
Sep 23, 2012
To be honest, it took me a while to finally start this drama. Nothing against it, I just wasn't sure if I wanted to watch it. Thankfully I did and may I say it was such a refreshing drama. It was different from everything else I was watching and I loved it.

The storyline was the typical rich man meets poor woman but it used that to branch out into something better and different I think.

Loved the cast. Of course Oguri is a great actor and I think he had amazing chemistry with Satomi! I loved them together. Her upbeat attitude went so well with Oguri's strict I-just-have-to-work sort of attitude. And of course the supporting actors were just as good, especially the employees at Next Innovation.

I loved Miwa's songs for this drama. The scenes where her insert song would play were perfect in my opinion.

All in all, this is just a really good drama. It doesn't have all the romance of others but it has just enough to balance the drama out. I will watch this again the the future, no doubt!

Somewhere Only We Know
Dec 8, 2015
I'm trying to find the words to best describe my thoughts on this movie but I'm just so confused on how I feel I can't really make anything out. I remember this movie being talked about but it was not what I was expecting, I actually don't know what I was expecting, but weirdly I liked this movie.

Story | There's two stories being explained, one during the end of WWII and the other in the present. Jin Tian is in Prague for school but is also retracing some of her grandmother's footsteps to explore her tragic love story. Basically the two stories being explained are being played out the same but with different circumstances. A romantic cliche if you will, but it's something I never get tired of watching.

Cast | I don't know what I was expecting with Wu Yi Fan's acting but I didn't hate it nor love it. He can play a lead, but he has a long way to go with his acting. It was hard to watch because sometimes he acted out a scene well and other times I literally hid behind my pillow. He needs some work but he wasn't the worst I've seen. Wang Li Kun was pretty..okay. I don't know, I feel like she was good but nothing spectacular. Her and Yi Fan were nice together. Chemistry was lacking for most of the movie but I thought a spark or two was seen more towards the end. I actually liked the Doctor actor and Xu Jinglei better. I was much more interested in their story than the main couple.

Music | All I can remember is I'll Be Right Here Waiting For You. It fit so perfectly into the movie that everything else I pretty much forgot. If I remember correctly, Yi Fan released a song for this movie but I don't remember it much..

Overall | This movie overall was a bit of a mess. It all made sense, but it was all over the place. Rushed relationships, some unanswered questions, I really just found myself saying "what" a lot of the time. Shoot, the first 45 minutes I said this movie was terrible. But as it went on, the movie actually did become pretty decent and by the end I was satisfied and say it was enjoyable. The one thing I really did love was the backdrop for most of the movie! Prague looks like such a beautiful city and I can't even lie, 50% of me watched this movie just because it was filmed in Prague.

All in all, decent movie. Not very long at all so it's perfect to watch on a slow day.

Goong
Apr 5, 2015
Pretty much the whole plot is Eun Hye's character is a regular school girl who all of a sudden is set to marry the Crown Prince of S.Korea because of her grandfather. Ji Hoon, who has a relationship of his own, but doesn't really go against the will and the two end up marrying. So really most of the episodes are of them two leads slowly starting to get along. But of course in the way are Ji Hyo & Jeong Hoon's characters, creating the fan favorite love square.

My only problem with this drama was the length. Though I did like it a lot, this drama probably could've been 20 episodes and would have still been good. A few issues and misunderstandings were dragged out longer than should have but that's what you get with Korean dramas.

I loved the whole cast. I felt that Eun Hye's acting at time was a little..much but it was necessary for Ji Hoon's character, so i couldn't really be annoyed. I think my favorite actor was Kim Hye Ja (Queen). She was so adorable! Her sweet attitude and voice was perfect for such a role. Supporting cast was great too. I thought everyone was casted perfectly.

Music was fine, Perhaps Love and the instrumentals were nice to listen to ~

I still do rewatch this drama from time to time (since I have the DVD) but I don't think I could sit through episode 1-24 without skipping parts. One full time was enough for me. But I feel this is one of those "classic" dramas most drama watchers come across at some point, so at least give it a try!

Watashi ga Renai Dekinai Riyuu
Apr 3, 2015
I'm not sure how I came across this drama or how I ended up watching it before others but though it wasn't the greatest drama, I'm really glad I watched this. I'm also glad it was only 10 episodes, nothing was dragged out and to some it might've seemed too short but I thought it was a nice length.

Pretty much the story is about three women end up living together and all of them, with different reasons, have issues with love. Which isn't anything new, but the way it was portrayed made if feel more down to earth. The different situations they were in are what real women deal with all over the world. Also, what the men went through is very real too. So as much as I didn't like certain situations or how it played out (because I'd prefer the lovely dovey stuff) I can't really be upset at it because real life isn't always a fairytale and I feel like that's a point this drama is trying to point out. Yes, you can find happiness but it doesn't always come easy like in the dramas. Oh & I loved the quotes that was shown at the end of every episode.

Acting/Cast I liked the group. Nothing really outstanding but I wouldn't want them replaced.

Music I really loved. I have a soft spot for instrumentals with nice, sweet melodies. When You Fall In Love and The Reason I Can't Find Love (Ballad ver.) have been on repeat for the whole day. Also loved Namie Arumo's theme/insert song.

As for rewatching, probably unlikely. It was a good drama don't get me wrong but I don't think i'd ever have the urge to come back to this. But I do suggest at least giving this drama a shot! Nice short drama you can get out of the way in a day or two.

You're My Destiny
Aug 25, 2014
Wow, this was such a great watch. Don't know how I ended up finding this drama but I am sure glad I decided to watch.
I feel the story as a whole is not very realistic, but for how everything was set up I thought it flowed pretty well, almost had me thinking something like this can actually happen.

The cast is what single handedly made this drama so great. The two leads had such great chemistry, their scenes together, whether it be funny, lovable or sad, always felt so sincere and real. The supporting cast was just as great. Xin Yi's family added that perfect comedic relief, same for the grandmother and assistant. Everyone was casted perfectly in my opinion.

I saw a few reviews complaining about how long this drama was and how things dragged but I didn't get that. Though this drama is 24 episodes long, I felt i got through the first 15 or so fairly quickly. 16 through 22 could be seen as dragged out episodes but to me the episodes flowed so well and complications lasted only a few episodes instead of 5 or more.

Music wasn't exactly in my taste, Mainly cutesy songs but the insert song by Walkie Talkie and their instrumentals really got you into whatever mood the drama had at that moment.

Overall, this is probably one of my favorite Taiwanese dramas to date. There was enough seriousness, a good punch of foolishness and of course cuteness from pretty much the whole cast. Would definitely recommend this to anyone who is considering (and would watch before the Korean Ver.) Such a great watch, extremely satisfied!

Hana Kimi
Aug 21, 2012
I first saw this drama a year before the Japanese version came out and was excited since i was at the time reading the manga. I love this version so much (: (also love the Japanese one just as much) this version went more with the manga than the other versions. It added scenes that was only in the manga and i absolutely loved that.

the cast was great. Wu Zun as Quan was a great choice, i loved his character was more gentle and approachable in this version. Ella as Rui Xi was just perfect. she is too funny and people may say she's overacting but at least she makes it funny. and Jiro as Xiu Yu wasn't bad either. he added a lot of funny moments and may have overacted, but that just seems like Nakatsu character.

i loved loved loved the music. the opening song by S.H.E is still played on my iPod today even 6 years later (:

and yeah, the ending wasn't the greatest but I've seen much, MUCH worse. but back when i first saw it i probably didn't even care lol but i can see why a lot of people hated it.

Healer
Apr 17, 2015
I'm kind of upset I didn't like this drama more. Maybe it's just not my type of genre . But I think the issue with me is that I had seen the high ratings and reviews and expected way too much from this drama. I felt like most of the time I was confused with who was who to concentrate on the actual storyline.

Plot was interesting though. I don't watch much action/drama type dramas. It's a little bit of a cliché. Typical people knew each other in the past, were separated for certain reasons, and are reconnected 20+ years later. The way it was played out wasn't too bad, can somewhat be realistic.

Cast, for the most part I loved. Especially Chang Wook. He played the Healer really well in my opinion. Yet he was able to play such an adorable office worker at the same time. He was fun to watch in this drama. Park min Young was great too, I already like her acting. Them together, chemistry wise, was perfect. As the episodes went on I just wanted to watch those two and forget about the plot.
Supporting cast, there was a lot..But the main supporting cast was a joy to watch. The Ajumma, Moon Ho, Dae Yong, and the cyber detective helped make this drama better. (especially the cyber detective towards the end!) Also, Chang Wook did an amazing job with all the fighting/stunt scenes. I'm not sure how much he did but everything looked very realistic and I loved how the camera angles were used!

Music I really didn't care for. The ending song always just sounded cheesy to me but instrumental, it was nice on the ears. But nothing really stood out to me.

Overall it was a good drama. I'm only disappointed with how things ended. A lot of points in the drama were left unanswered or they were answered in a low-key type way to give the viewer I guess a little bit of satisfaction but never really addressed them fully. So much happened in this drama maybe some things could've been left out to talk more about other things but in the end everything did make sense. (which may contradict what I'm saying but after finishing this drama I understood how everything was planned out) I just would've liked to see..more? I felt like the ending happened so quick that it didn't feel like a final so I'm left feeling a little sad with that.

I'm not 100% sure if i'll ever come back to watch this again. It was a good drama don't get me wrong and I would recommend people watch this but, It wasn't exactly my cup of tea. I might just come back to watch Chang Wook's scenes because they were A+

Tokyo Girl
Aug 24, 2012
I wasn't really expecting to like this movie since I am more into the romance that is with 2 people face to face. I was pleasantly surprised though that even though the two main characters are only talking to each other through a cell phone you could still tell they had a little romance going on.

It was a cute movie and sometimes makes you wonder about what you'll leave behind in the future years. I think the storyline was good and liked the main girl and boy.

It's nice to kind of get away from the typical romance movies or movies where someone travels through time and not an object so that was another thing I like. I will probably rewatch this again in the future ~

Sassy Go Go
Nov 27, 2015
When I first looked at the trailers for this drama, my expectations were kind of on the low side and the show plot was completely different than what I was expecting. This was a very refreshing drama!

Story | Two clubs, one consisting of the lowest ranking students and the other with the highest ranking students, somehow find themselves having to work together as a cheerleading club. Even though the plot is circled around their cheerleading club, there is a lot of real life and school type scenarios that occur throughout the entire drama, so it's a nice mixture of fiction and reality. The story actually goes into some deep real life issues that I don't see addressed in Korean dramas (at least any of the ones I have so far watched). So to me, it was nice that this wasn't just some upbeat cheerleading romantic comedy type drama. Now, the whole story in general, to me, was pretty unrealistic so I was interested after the first episode. Plus, I always love me a good school drama.

Cast | I simply adore Eunji. I don't know what it is exactly but she has this charm that pulls you in the drama in the very first seconds. I love how she usually has a character that does have her soft side but she is usually a feisty one and can stand up for herself. Her and Lee Won Gun were a joy to watch together. He had an undeniable charm as well. His character was playful but extremely cunning and when mad, he showed emotion that seemed all too real. Ji Soo. My god. His character and acting was probably my favorite, which literally came out of left field. Was not expecting much from him in the beginning of this drama. I haven't watched him in anything else but best believe I will be on the lookout for his future projects. The rest of the cast was perfect. The other students, teachers, faculty, and parents fit each of their role nicely. Everyone just clicked in a way and it was sad knowing after the last episode that that was it.

Music | I finished this drama earlier this week and I honestly can't remember what music was really used in this drama. Nothing really memorable for me I guess, but nothing to complain about either. I just remember enjoying insert instrumental music.

Rewatch | High possibility. I really enjoyed watching Eunji, Woo Gun and Ji Soo, so I'll of course have to come back and rewatch.

Overall | As much as I praised this drama, I did have some issues and can't give it a full score. For 12 episodes, the drama moved nicely, connections were formed in a nice timely matter that I was content with, and the flow for everything was actually pretty good for a short Korean drama. I just have issues with how the writers cleaned up big situations. I was hoping for the progress of one character to go a certain way by a certain time or episode, and when it didn't I was somewhat annoyed at it taking so long. And I was pretty disappointed in the resolve of it all, well, most of it anyways. That was my only issue though. All in all, it was a nice drama to finish. It's short, the cast it great, and the story moves along very nicely. A drama I'd recommend to anyone who asks! ~

Apr 2, 2015
Now, I may be a little biased when it comes to Japanese war movies but when I say this is great, it is. WWII is really my favorite war to learn/talk about. Personally it is a part of my family history but so many historical things happened in the time period that I feel more people need to know about, especially the small stories like this. Sooo that pretty much is where my biased-ness comes from ~

The plot is very realistic not just because it is based on a true story but because it does relate to more than just one family. Like many immigrants in the early 1900s, the eldest son usually ventured off to the United States hoping to make enough money to send home. But sadly in the way of their hard work, WWII hits the United States and two brothers are forced to fight against each other to show loyalty to their countries. What's more sad is that Takeru's character, along with his friends, were only kids. Kids who were taught to hate Americans, had to fight in a war and risk their young lives to serve the Emperor.

But what is really so great about this whole drama special is the fact that they had the people who actually went through this to talk about the situation that was happening in the drama. Hearing the real story from the people who lived it is something you can't learn in a history class.

I adored the cast. Mainly Takeru. His acting is superb. He has the skill to make sure us, as watchers, forget all his other roles so we can solely focus on his current role. He got so into his character. He put so much emotion into Yasuharu that it almost felt like it was real, as if he was experiencing everything as his own. I loved the rest of the cast too. I already love Kaname Jun films/dramas, and the supporting cast did an outstanding job.

I scored music low because I was disappointed in the fact that they used the music from "Letters from Iwo Jima" also watch that if you haven't) Though I do love the instrumental and it fits in any war movie, I couldn't help but think about Letters From Iwo Jima while listening and watching this.

I've already watched this drama more than once. It really is great. I think this a story that isn't really taught. So even if war movies aren't your genre, give this one a shot. It's more than just a war story.