• Last Online: Aug 25, 2018

leahakiko

California
13 Assassins
Aug 24, 2012
To be honest, when it comes to Samurai or back in the day Japanese movies, I'm not the first one in line to watch. But decided to watch this with my dad and I was honestly surprised at how much I actually liked it.

Longest fight scene i have EVER seen. It was pretty glory at certain parts but I dealt with it. Loved the cast, and the fight scenes didn't look choreographed, which is a A+ in my books.

Of course this movie isn't for everyone but if you're in the mood for an action movie, i would highly recommend this one.
Summer Fever
Jul 18, 2013
I absolutely adore Gui Gui and George Hu. I saw the long preview for this and was excited because the story looked pretty interesting. After finally finishing this 30 episode drama, I am left pretty disappointed to be honest.

This drama started off pretty well. It kept me hooked for the first 10 episodes. After a while though I found myself skipping parts through out the episode because it just seemed pointless and was just dragging out.

The ending. Oh geez the ending. It definitely wasn't..how I thought it would end. I mean, if you read the plot you can pretty much predict what will happen but I feel like they should've used more episode to explain the story towards the end. That may sound confusing but if you watch it, it'll make more scene (i dont want to spoil the ending)

I loved the cast though. Gui Gui & George's acting was spot on. Their chemistry was perfect. The supporting cast was perfect too. The parents, friends, other love interests, i loved them all.

I would recommend this drama to others but I honestly give them my opinion on it. I wouldn't watch this again though

Saigo no Yakusoku
Nov 28, 2013
Not sure what I was expecting from this special because of..well, Arashi. I usually don't expect much from movies/dramas/specials that have all Arashi memebers. But I was actually surprised at how much I enjoyed this.

Story was interesting. Not anything too exciting. But it really kept me hooked. The whole time I was trying to guess the outcome, while already having a few suspicions, but I couldn't figure it out completely which made me want to keep watching.

Besides Arashi, I liked the supporting cast. I especially liked Kuroki Meisa. I don't know what it is about her, but I really like her. The supporting cast kept giving hints about certain things that was happening and kept making me wanting to guess what was coming next.

This was good to watch when you are bored or in a slump from your other dramas. Would definitely recommend this, especially if you like Arashi (;

Pika*nchi Life Is Hard However Happy
Aug 24, 2012
This is really just a funny story about friends exploring Harajuku and event that happen to all five of 5. It was completely different than what i was expecting.

Of course i decided to watch this for Arashi. And well....their characters were extremely funny, weird, and cool. especially Ohno, he has an act at acting...weird haha.

I really loved the theme for this movie. It has a rock vibe but is still pop-like Arashi.

all in all, it's a really cute movie & it doesn't hurt that all 5 arashi members are in this movie. for how, I guess, plain the plot sounds, it was a good movie and I rewatch it all the time

She Was Pretty
Nov 16, 2015
For the hype, I was pleasantly surprised at how well this drama turned out. I am a nut about romantic comedies and this one didn't disappoint!

Story | Typical plot where beauty changes with one of more characters and a love story is produced. Except, I don't know if this is just me, but I have never watched a drama where a main character went from pretty to "ugly" before. I wasn't sure how I'd like this concept since i expected something different with the leads but the way Hye Jin's character was written made this storyline more enjoyable in my eyes.

Cast | Can we all just take a moment and applaud how great The Most staff was. As much as I loved the main leads, the supporting actors were incredible. Anyways, Hwang Jung Eum and Park Seo Joon was such a nice couple to watch. Their chemistry throughout the entire drama was perfect and for me, was a huge reason why I enjoyed this drama. At first I was expecting to find flaws about Jung Eum's acting (or more how she was to play her character) but I think there was a certain charm she gave Hye Jin that made her extremely likable. Park Seo Joon was the perfect Seong Joon. Maybe it was just my preference, but the way he acted with certain facial expression really made me fall in love with his character. And please tell me I'm not the only one who kept saying "my god, Siwon stop" during the entire drama! I admit though, he brought a unique feel to his character and one couldn't help but love his weirdness.

Music | Insert songs, ending music etc were all nice and fit the scenes/drama as a whole perfectly. Genre isn't really my taste but still nice to listen to.

Rewatch | Probably in the future, the whole cast made this drama great. It's only a matter of time before I head back to episode 1.

Overall | Honestly, for how much I praised it, probably could've have been a little better towards the end. I was hooked from episode 1-11 and 12-16 weren't terrible or didn't drag on too much but it seemed like there was a spark missing. Or maybe if the story happened a little differently the last 5 episodes wouldn't have felt so lackluster. It was still enjoyable to watch! I say give it a try, in my opinion, it was worth the hype.

Lie to Me
May 11, 2014
I'm not 100% sure how i feel about this drama because there were some parts I really liked but then there were some aspects that I just didn't like.

I just want to say how refreshing it was to see a female lead who stood her ground. She was strong, had a good job, and thankfully there wasn't any unnecessary drama because both sides didn't dwindle on anything for more than a few minutes in the episodes.

Story was a little..too unrealistic but it is a drama. typical rich guy, average girl just with a different twist on how they meet. But I liked both of the main characters and the supporting cast. Yoon Eun Hye and Kang Ji Hwan had good chemistry together. The funny scenes with them were probably the best thing about this whole drama.

I do feel that this drama was dragged on and shouldn't have been 16 episodes long. somewhere in the middle is was getting a little boring and you'd (possibly) start skipping through scenes. I could see this being 14 episodes and still being good. Also, I don't know how to say this without spoiling so I'll try and describe this without much detail. There was something I didn't like about how the two leads started to get closer. It didn't seem right, like there wasn't a flow for Kang Ji Hwan's character. It seemed his personality did a complete 180 and though adorable, threw me off a little. Maybe that'll make more sense when you watch it.

One thing I really did like was the music, especially one song by M to M. It was a perfect insert song and has been on repeat for a while.

Not sure if I'd ever rewatch this entire drama again, maybe i'll watch an episode or two that I know I liked but once was enough for me. I would recommend this drama to those who are bored and have nothing to watch.

A Werewolf Boy
Nov 8, 2013
I can't even beginning with this movie. It wasn't exactly what I was expecting, but in a good way. From previews I've seen, I was expecting that typical oh a werewolf meets a cute girl love story but it was so much better than that.

Most of the film is focused through a flashback. It was extremely easy to follow, you knew exactly what was going on and why. The beginning seemed a little bit boring to me but that lasted for 10 or so minutes.

The cast, oh my god the cast. This is the first work I've seen from Joong ki (well completed anyways) and I am completely blown away by his acting in this. He barely had any dialogue but seemed to be acting just as well as everyone else. He really embraced his role. His eyes and facial expressions can say A LOT, literally killing me heart.

This is also my first time watching something with Bo Young in it & wow. I've watched countless movies and dramas were actresses cry and it's just like, oh wow that's so fake it hurts. But Bo Young's crying scenes were great. Everything felt so real. I give her so much credit for her A+ acting. The supporting cast was amazing too. The bad guy, the parents, the children etc. I loved everyones role.

Music was perfect in the sense that they played the right kind of music at the right time.

Overall, such an amazing movie. bawled my eyes at towards the end. The ending left a sort of lump in my throat. (watch and you'll understand). Also would like to add that this movie had some extremely cute parts to where I had to keep rewinding because I couldn't handle Joong Ki's cuteness.

I don't know if i can handle watching this again, but I would definitely recommend this to anyone that's debating on this. Stop, just watch & enjoy.

Hana Yori Dango : Final
Aug 21, 2012
words didn't describe how excited i was for this movie when i first heard about it's making back when HYD2 ended. I may be biased because the Japanese version of Boys Over Flowers is my favorite but this was one of the best Japanese movies I have ever watched (: with a great ending may I add.

The story was well planned out and a fantastic conclusion to the Hana Yori Dango series.

As I did the first and second season, i adore this cast. and Akira also played a sort of villain pretty well. Matsumoto Jun's chemistry with Inoue Mao is incredible and they have always been my favorite drama couple. The way they act with each other..it just makes me so happy!

the soundtrack to this movie is also great. love love love Arashi's song One Love.

I'm still sad that this series is complete but it's also nice to come back to this movie, you can't help but smile at the end (:

Suki na Hito ga Iru Koto
Sep 30, 2016
This is the first recent Japanese drama I have actually finished in a long while. I don't remember how I came across it but it was a nice refreshing drama to watch over the summer.

Story | Maybe it's just me, but the plot felt new but it also felt like a cliche by the way it was made. Main girl losses her job, runs into her childhood crush etc. It was a cute storyline. I liked the idea of Misaki getting the opportunity to work in a new environment with the brothers of Sea Sons. Their background and everything was a nice touch while the storyline moved well enough and everything made sense.

Cast | I really enjoyed the cast. Of course a favorite of most is Yamazaki Kento, and I'm going to have to jump on that bandwagon. I can honestly say that I believe his acting and his character are what made this drama as good as it was. Him as a chef was perfection and what we all needed in life ~ His chemistry with Kiritani Mirei was perfect. I adored them together. Every scene of them arguing, goofing off and having serious moments, it was all great to watch. Although some of Mirei's actions were a bit annoying, I liked her as Misaki. Chiaki and Touma were also great supporting characters, although I'm not one for Chiaki's personality. But that's all personal. All the other supporting roles were a great add on.

Music | The only song I remember is the main theme by JY (Jiyoung from Kara!) and it's such a nice sone to listen to. I think they also used this song in a slower pace towards the end of the series and I fell in love with the song again.

Rewatch | As much as I enjoyed the drama, rewatching it will probably be unlikely. I was instantly hooked for the first 7 episodes but sadly, the last 3 were lackluster for me. Usually with Japanese dramas, 9-10 episodes is enough for the writers to start a story, create a climax and then finish it nicely, but it seemed with this one that it added too much to the last 3 episodes. I kept asking myself "but why.." constantly while finishing the last couple episodes.

Overall | This has been the first Japanese drama I've seen in a while that was really refreshing. Maybe it was because they were always by the sea, I'm not really sure, but I really enjoyed it. It was a nice short drama to watch over the summer and it is really easy to get through. I'm hoping that there will be some sort of special later on because I truly enjoyed the chemistry this cast had. I recommend people watch this when they want to get away from certain genres that aren't obviously romantic ~

Our Times
Nov 30, 2015
Such a refreshing movie to watch!
**Beware** as of this review, the links given in the comments section, the quality of the video with english sub is terrible unfortunately. To those debating on watching, I'd hold on until a better quality is out.

Story | I was thinking this was going to be a typical romantic comedy movie and I was expecting a different plot from the trailer (1. didn't read the plot online, just went right in and watched it! and 2. there were no subs for the trailer) It's the typical bad boy, nerdy girl somehow become connected because of an old school type of chain letter. Which is the one aspect I loved. It's so randomly funny you can't help but laugh because it's not completely unbelievable, well, at least to me. There was also so much more to this story than what I wrote that I was amazed they were able to fit so much into this movie.

Cast | Darren Wang is a flat out stud. I don't know if it's his charisma or his smile that pulled me in but I really enjoyed his acting. He was able to play a delinquent in a way where he could still be seen as bad but he had such an adorable side. I liked how his face showed certain expressions, without words you could easily tell every emotion his character was feeling and I love when actors can pull that off. I fell in love with his character fairly quickly. Also have never watched anything with Vivian Sung but I quite liked her and her acting. She gave her character a personality that was easy to like. I'm always scared of the awkward nerdy type of characters, they either annoy me or I love them. There's really no in-between. Her and Darren worked perfectly together. Their friendship just seemed like it formed so effortlessly in the movie. Side characters didn't have much for me to judge. I really enjoyed the friends in this movie. They didn't have much screen time but when they were around they added some more comedy into the mix.

Music | Taiwanese movies/dramas usually never disappoint with OSTs and I really liked the ending theme song.

Rewatch | Most definitely! I sat through 2 hours of terrible quality. Subs were hard to read so I'll have to come back. And after that I'll probably come back again because this movie was such a hit.

Overall | Like I said, a refreshing movie. I don't know what it was. For a movie, the plot moved at a very nice pace, there weren't too many cliches, the character's development seemed so natural and nothing seemed too rushed. The director did an amazing job with this project and I highly recommend everyone add this to their list and watch it!

The Liar and His Lover
Sep 19, 2015
I'm so upset it took me this long to finally pick this out of my plan to watch movies. I just finished it right now and I'm really just smiling. (I also found out that this is based on a Shoujo manga and I am completely surprised!)

Story | Aki, a producer for the famous band Crude Play, was once a set member but near their debut decides to back away and let someone else take his place. While out humming his new song, Riko, who herself has a very unique voice, hears his hums and it drowned to him. From there the two's love story begins. Honestly, the plot given on this site didn't really draw me in to where I had to watch it right away. But the simple story was filmed perfectly! It's also nice that the story is not as big of a cliché.

Cast | SATO TAKERU. That's all I need to see and I'll watch it or add it to my list. He gave Aki such a feel that made it his own. I honestly cannot describe why I thought his acting was spot on. His attitude gave off a certain anti social feel but his eyes told a different story and that is why I love his acting so much. Sakurako Ohara was a pleasant surprise. I expected something…clingy and over dramatized moments from her acting and it was far that and I was extremely happy. Her chemistry with Sato was really nice too. The age gap (in the movie) was pretty nonexistent to me and again, I am happy that wasn't on my mind during the movie. The supporting cast wasn't able to show more of their character I feel, obviously because it was a movie but I enjoyed those casted.

Music | BEST. MOVIE. SOUNDTRACK. EVER. I may have a slight biased opinion on music especially when it comes to jrock sounding music (Crude Play) but the music that was made for this movie was amazing. I had to go download it right after finishing!

Rewatch | Definitely. I recommended this to my sister and will probably rewatch this over her shoulder.

Overall | The simplicity of this movie is what made it so great to me. The story flowed perfectly, the acting was great, there was no unnecessary dragged on moments and even though I feel some characters/side story lines were kind of pushed into a closet, I fully enjoyed this movie. I also love that even though this was based off a Shoujo manga, it didn't even feel like I was watching a live action of a manga. There was enough romance but not overly done and it was a joy to watch. ALSO! Watch the movie until the very end! Wait through the credits!

Close Range Love
Sep 13, 2015
I'm trying to start this review and the only word in my mind is "meh". It wasn't terrible, it was actually kind of cute, but there was just so much lacking in this movie. I'm also not going to compare this to the manga since I haven't gotten the chance to read it ~

Story | A close teacher and student relationship starts when prodigy student Kururugi Yuni, who excels in every subject except English, start having one-on-one tutoring with Sakurai Sensei. As the tutoring continues the two generally become closer and start a forbidden relationship. Your typical Shouju manga with a cliché relationship so it's nothing new.

Cast | Hm. I'm not completely dissatisfied with the leads but there was definitely some chemistry lacking. I liked Yamashita's acting and I enjoyed Komatsu's acting (Her poker face was the best to be honest). They played their roles in a way that I thought was believable but their was just no real connection. There wasn't much character development either. This may have been because it was a movie and the time to connect was cut short. Supporting cast didn't have much time to shine either, but for what was given, I liked the characters and the actors.

Music | …was there even any? I honestly can't remember. If there was an ending theme song during the credits I missed it because where I watched the movie, it cut off right when it ended.

Rewatch | Probably not. It was a cute movie. Simple story, easy to follow, etc but it was kind of a bore. I kept checking the time to see when it was finally going to end.

Overall | I can't really lie, teacher-student relationship type stories make me cringe a little. I over think and it's just too much sometimes. but even with my slight bias, it was an okay movie. It's a simple to watch movie if you can't find anything. That's really it. I just wish this was turned into a drama rather than a movie. I feel such story lines with interesting characters need more time to develop and establish themselves, to help better the story and make it flow better. Plus I did enjoy these actors and would've liked to watch their character developments because it was too hard to believe the situations when everything moved too quickly

Good Doctor
Aug 11, 2015
Honestly, medical dramas aren't really my thing. Which explains why it has taken me so long to finally watch this amazing drama. (Again, shout out to netflix for adding great dramas!)

Story | It's quite different than what I was expecting before reading the plot. I always expect some smart handsome doctor to come in to a hospital, be a little rebel, and change from life lessons or something. This was completely off. Park Si On is far from the typical male lead. He's a doctor that has autism but has an amazing talent to memorize medical terms and is able to diagnose patients quickly. Due to prejudices, he's already judged as being someone who is incapable of ever becoming a surgeon. Throughout the drama Park Si On learns more of what he can't understand socially while at the same time, the people around him learn valuable life lessons and break their prejudice walls.

Cast | Loved. That's it. I loved Joo Won. He, in my opinion, portrayed Park Si On's character perfectly. Moon Chae Won was perfect too. I loved her chemistry with Joo Won on screen. They just fit perfectly together and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. Joo Sang Wook was just as great. I loved his tough personality. With his character change he was able to keep that stern role while still being extremely likable. Supporting cast was great too. The nurses (head nurse especially!), interns, directors, patients etc. Whether good or bad, I liked how every character was portrayed.

Music | Besides instrumentals, a few OSTs (2Bic I believe) and the same insert song, music was simple and nice. Nothing to rate really high or really low though.

Rewatch | As much as I loved this drama, I doubt I will rewatch it. Like crime type dramas, medical dramas live off of the suspense for the next episode. Since knowing what has happened, I have a hard time rewatching these types of dramas. Maybe in a few years, who knows.

Overall | I think because this was a medical drama I never felt bored when watching. If the love line wasn't going as fast as I'd want it, I'd be distracted by the hecticness of the hospital. I thought it was evened out nicely. (Although I expect people to disagree with my point).
Anyways, this drama is such an eyeopener. I knew very little about Autism and through this I was able to learn about how one might feel or how one sees the world because of such a disease etc. Whenever something would come up as to why Si On was a certain way and they explained it, I sat there saying. "Ah. That makes a lot of sense" I myself learned a few life lessons from this drama and I am extremely happy I ended up watching this drama. Oh, romance is very minimal, but I believe it wasn't needed to push the plot along. So please give it a try!

King Flower
Jul 24, 2015
I am honestly so sad that this drama didn't live up to my expectations. I was hoping the reviews I read were just being harsh and maybe there was a hidden gem others didn't see. It had such great potential but sadly in the end I was left feeling unsatisfied.

Story | An ugly duckling turned Cinderella, poor girl turns rich type plot with a pretty big twist. Honestly the plot sounded extremely interesting to me, very unrealistic but I love that about dramas. Thinking about it now, it's a hard plot to follow through perfectly until the end. Which could explain a lot.

Cast | I'm very hit or miss about the cast. In my opinion the only reason I was able to finish this drama was because of Chris Wu. I liked the other cast members, but there was something very lacking as the episodes started to go on and I only looked forward to any scene with Chris's character. Hsieh Nikki's acting wasn't bad though, her chemistry with Chris Wu was actually enjoyable to watch. Maybe it's just because I don't like how her character progressed throughout the drama. I'm not really 100% sure. I try not to tie a person's acting with how a writer writes a character but it's hard not to sometimes. Side characters were ok, less satisfying than what I'm normally used to.

Music | Probably the thing I liked the most after Chris Wu's acting. I really enjoyed the intro and ending theme! There was also an instrumental song that was used throughout the drama that I really loved (if anyone knows the title, please tell me!)

Overall | This drama kind of just faded towards the end. There were a lot of things left open and a lot of unnecessary new things added towards the end of the drama. Things that seemed like a crisis in a few episodes were eventually forgotten about without proper closure. Characters that I thought were going to play a bigger role disappeared too. There was so much potential with this drama and I am sadly disappointed. It's highly unlikely I'll ever rewatch this drama.

Glove
Apr 5, 2015
This has to be one of the greatest sports movies I've seen come out of S.Korea.

Story is pretty much Jae Young's character is sent to a rural area to help coach a baseball team to help try and clean up his image. The team he ends up coaching is hearing impaired. He's stubborn at first then becomes a passionate coach to help these boys become a better team. It's a great movie about not making excuses just because you are slightly different and giving your all to prove others wrong.

The cast was outstanding. The mains, the adults, all the kids. They were all casted perfectly! All the acts who played the baseball players were so good. Their skills made everything so believable. Until I realized who some of the actors were (HyunWoo), i honestly thought some might actually be hearing impaired. But I loved everyone in this movie.

Definitely a movie to watch/rewatch. Especially if you're in the mood to cry (that sounds odd..) Even if sport movies aren't your thing, give this movie a shot. You won't regret it. But make sure you have tissues near by just in case.