Details

  • Last Online: 2 hours ago
  • Gender: Female
  • Location: New York, USA
  • Contribution Points: 34 LV1
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: April 26, 2022
  • Awards Received: Finger Heart Award1 Flower Award2 Reply Hugger1
Replying to SongKangDeek • 9 days ago
Title The Scandal
Why do you want people to waste their time to watch this junk which is among the worsts shows ever made this decade
Paragraphs too long for ya, sweetheart? Let me put this in layman's terms, super intellectual man!

You said I don't have high storytelling standards. So I said, "Yes, I do." If you've read my reviews on here, you would know that, but clearly, you fucking don't. Take a look at my profile as an example. You're an embarassment. You didn't ask ME for a structural critique so I didn't answer the question. That's how a conversation works. All you've been whining about in the comments is "oPpA lOvERs" which makes no sense??? I watched this for the women and the plot. I'm not male-centered like most k-drama fans are.

Again, teach me about storytelling standards. Instead of denigrating people on here for simply... liking a male actor?! THE HORROR!!!! What is YOUR main argument? Outside of belittling total strangers, WHAT is your main point? THEN I'll go into my critiques, because I have several.

1. The pacing
2. Lack of chemistry between the main actors
3. The aspect ratio
4. Style over substance
5. Focus on minor characters & quite a few many subplots
6. Length. If they wanted subplots, the drama could've been longer.

You next! 😁
0 2
Replying to woosec456 • 9 days ago
Title The Scandal
Nice ragebait, let me guess ksh fan
Nailed it.
1 0
Replying to Wookie • 9 days ago
Title The Scandal
MDL is MDLing the way people up voting 1 star review - down voting geniune reviews MDL is no longer can consider…
MDL people want fluffy romance/romcoms with poorly written female characters who are nuns, of course!
1 0
Replying to beatrix0304 • 9 days ago
Title The Scandal
JCWs 🍑 is out. He my TV husband, you can't watch that! I feel exposed. I have so much respect for him, I don't…
Son Ye-Jin is the FL, Nana is the 2nd FL. Also, please tell me that first paragraph was satire??? 😂
2 4
Replying to ebonwilde • 9 days ago
Title Mouse
if that's the kind of show you want, let's close viki and open up that wattpad tab mamas
Like did you expect a random genre swap halfway or what? Not every form of fiction needs romance? 😭
1 0
Replying to Masterxys • 9 days ago
Title The Scandal
they used ai to extend some scenes
They did??? When and where? This is disappointing...
0 0
Replying to gingerkiss • 9 days ago
Title The Scandal
If you're not watching on original Netflix, then that's a problem.
I don't have a personal issue with it? It just looked weird on my screen. I was watching the drama on my laptop so it may have been a device size issue (16:9 screen.)
0 2
Replying to David33 • 9 days ago
Thanks, I added it to the list. I mean... the cast and the crew are artists, but they still use AI because it's…
It's a shame, it could've had interesting commentary on AI and its infiltration into the creative field, but it was for the in-drama artwork, as well as some visual sequences.
0 0
Replying to Tia • 9 days ago
Koreans are in love with AI for some bizarre reason. 💀You can watch older ones too...
Oh... didn't notice that at all. 🙁
0 0
Replying to abhishek kamat • 9 days ago
Title The Scandal
yeahit felt so weird the way it started
And what a beginning that was...
0 0
Replying to gingerkiss • 9 days ago
Title The Scandal
If you're not watching on original Netflix, then that's a problem.
I am watching it on Netflix actually.
0 4
Replying to Bronn • 9 days ago
Title The Scandal
Nana's scene was uploaded to porn sites within a few hours of release. I'll admit I checked.
Hey, don't be ashamed! It was pretty okay, I think the courtesan scenes were better though. THAT was hot.
2 0
Replying to SongKangDeek • 9 days ago
Title The Scandal
Why do you want people to waste their time to watch this junk which is among the worsts shows ever made this decade
I have pretty high storytelling standards, but you don't see me trashing this drama everywhere and being nasty about it. I'd say my storytelling standards are so high, I'd come off as snobby. You are talking to someone who enjoys villain protagonists, thrillers, morally grey women, and great character development as well as thematic analysis. Most k-drama fans don't like any of these, I'm too much of a feminist for this crowd. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯😂

You wanna talk about quality storytelling? I've got plenty of thoughts on that. You won't find them in these romcoms, that's for sure. Orrr how reductive most romance tropes tend to be in k-dramas towards women, or why villain origin stories are incredible to follow.

FYI: There ARE people pearl clutching in the comments, Mr. Sage of All Fiction. Please teach me (someone who is TOTALLY not a long-time writer, I have no knowledge whatsoever of storytelling I guess 🙄) about real storytelling standards! The class would LOVE to hear from you! 👀
4 4
Replying to SongKangDeek • 9 days ago
Title The Scandal
Why do you want people to waste their time to watch this junk which is among the worsts shows ever made this decade
I personally think it's very slow at some points, but I think you're definitely saying this because of the sex & nudity. It's fine to admit it, you know.
3 6
Replying to SongKangDeek • 9 days ago
Title The Scandal
Why do you want people to waste their time to watch this junk which is among the worsts shows ever made this decade
Worst show this decade because of... sex?
11 10
Replying to Tia • 9 days ago
Title The Scandal
That aspect ratio is terrible for my eyes lol
Ji Chang-Wook is fine as HELL though! Shoot, all the actors are gorgeous!
1 0
Replying to Shubham • 9 days ago
Title The Scandal
Well I think the concept itself was westernise. You won't be making 50 shades of black and then complain about…
I didn't say (or imply) any of that lol, all I'm saying is sex isn't some bizarre, Western, scary thing that some people on here are making it out to be. So we have like the same general view points.

From the get-go, The Scandal was marketed as a very sultry drama. People who watched it should've known what they were getting into and Netflix gives warnings for every episode!

Didn't realize you were agreeing with me at first. My apologies.
5 0
Replying to Xiao Ximi • 9 days ago
Title The Scandal
but it was more in 2004, i recently watched some classic movie and absolutely got thrilled obviously in a good…
You're right, those do tend to be done well.
2 0
Replying to Xiao Ximi • 9 days ago
Title The Scandal
but it was more in 2004, i recently watched some classic movie and absolutely got thrilled obviously in a good…
Regarding sex in Korean movies? Or in general? Because I don't mind sex scenes as long as they're built up well (with tension and good chemistry.)
3 2