• Last Online: 1 hour ago

fatema

Muharraq, Bahrain
The Light in Your Eyes
Mar 20, 2019
Watching this drama is like collecting puzzle pieces on your path that comes together in the last episode. The end will give meaning to everything and make you think about your life.

The writers cleverly hid the real plot and tricked the viewers into believing it is a romantic comedy. They held our hands and pulled us toward a fantasy world that was funny and sad at times. All to ease us into the real story that is fascinating, deep, and heartwarming.

Main Themes:
- Bond between parents and their children, friends, lovers, and family members.
- Living through the hardships and enjoying each moment you have, instead of worrying about the future or regretting the past.

I am so impressed with the morals this drama carries and the amazing performance of all the actors. I am also happy that my curiosity made me complete the episodes, because I would have missed a valuable gem.

Sassy Go Go
Nov 11, 2015
Don't get fooled by the title, it's not the Korean version of Bring It On.

Watching this was an absolute joy! It will make you cry, laugh, and grin! When you're in high school you get serious about studying, so you'll get accepted in the university/collage you aim for. However, it's also the time when you want to have fun and enjoy life with your friends. So the balance between these two is what this drama is all about.

I might be too generous with my rating but the show was that good. The plot line wasn't draggy and very interesting to the very end. The acting was perfect from main and support characters. The music was lovely and spot on. So obviously you would want to watch this drama again because it's so charming.

Forgotten
Feb 22, 2018
Even when you think you understood what's going on in the movie, the writer is always one step ahead of you! I watched this last night and I probably should not have picked a thriller/suspense genre before bedtime.

The events were all moving so fast and were very interesting and gripping from start to finish. The actors were all very impressive and believable. Han Neul’s performance is as briliant as ever. AND, I will definitely keep an eye on Kim Mu Yeol’s future roles because I am in love!
Two Lights: Relumino
Jan 4, 2018
Short, sweet, and adorable. The ability to see is a such a blessing that we take for granted. Imagine living with no sight for even an hour, it would drive you insane. We should be more kind and thoughtful towards those who are missing out on all the great things because of various disabilities. This movie made me think of  volunteering to lend a helping hand to those who need it. Inspiring others and spreading hope (& a positive mindset) in life is such a wonderful thing.  Always remember that not everyone has what you have and that while you might think that your life is all messed up, think about those in a more bleak state or even living a dangerous lifestyle.

Unkind Women
Nov 10, 2015
The story starts really good! Interesting plot, amazing performance, and complicated relationships. However, it starts to get draggy from the 20th episode.

As the title indicates, it's a drama about strong women who can become cruel when they are hurt or angry. In a nutshell, it's about family/love difficulties of 7 women who live their lives ferociously to the fullest.

I recommend watching this drama if you are a woman and I would highly recommend watching it with your mother. You'll laugh and discuss things about life and bond over it. =)
Moon River
Nov 11, 2015
What a pile of mess! I don't even feel like writing a review. This started great but then everything took a drastic and boring turn. Here is what to expect:

- Martial art girl and big shot guy fall in love
- Wannabe-male-friendship between 3 guys (or should I say wannabe-like-boys-over-flowers)
- Obsessive girl who ignores the guy who loves her unconditionally (grrr) and follows the guy who doesn't care about her at all!
- Lots of funny moments + romantic/sweet moments at the beginning of the drama (which you will forget after a lot of drama towards the end)
- I gotta admit that the songs are pretty catchy x3
- Lucy I LOVE! She's got a supporting role but she is very adorable and likable. I totally fell in love with the actress.
- Father's power and business deals that ruin their kids life.

It's not a completely bad drama. Honestly, it is fun and sweet. But because the plot had been stretched to 30 episodes, flaws started to pile up. So I'd recommend watching this at least once (while fast-forwarding the dramatic scenes).

Love Relationship
Oct 29, 2015
I almost killed myself watching this drama but I somehow survived until the end.

Here is what to expect:
- leads love each other but can't communicate well or follow their heart
- an obsessive creepy (slightly crazy) third-wheel doctor (& wannabe rival)
- long endless pointless conversations that lead to nothing
- you will end up frustrated most of the time (if not disappointed)
- you might get depressed (hang in there, if you can)
- lots of running! xD
- the theme song says it all! and it will gradually leave you feeling empty and sappy inside
- the most boring side-characters ever! well, their story is not interesting enough to watch

Seriously, the development is slow and combined with the calm atmosphere the director was going for (i think) makes this drama hard to watch. Skip this at all costs. You will not miss anything.

If you're looking for an interesting emo-like dramatic complicated (scary yet intriguing) love story, I'd recommend watching Last Friends instead. Waaaaaay better time spent.

Heroine Disqualified
Oct 31, 2017
My advice: don't watch this.

When the heroine falls for someone who doesn't really deserve her feelings. She humiliates herself over and over again by confessing her love endlessly. And then when the supposedly "hero" accepts her feeling in the end, she jumps right into his arms. Sad, very sad and demeaning to women. Loving unconditionally is something that shouldn't be considered as a romantic story if it is only one sided. We frown upon rivals who don't give up, even when their affections are unrequited. Then why do the writer expect us to cheer for a heroine that does that and doesn't really value herself as a human. Yes she is disqualified from beginning to end for her stupidity and shallowness.

Close Range Love
Oct 11, 2015
Of course this movie is a must watch if you are Yamapi's fan.

I usually fall asleep or give up on slow paced movies but Yamapi saved the movie all the way for me. The plot is predictable and the relationship sadly lacked REAL problems. I wished Yuni's character had developed throughout the movie. Her cousin mentioned she used to express herself freely in the past and I would have loved to see that towards the ending. Maybe it was the actress that wasn't convincing.

Anyways, this movie is worth watching at least once! And there is a certain scene I'd re-watch for a very long time *wink*.

And I must add, the music was absolutely stunning!

Bromance
Mar 3, 2016
the GOOD:
- Chen Baron sexy charm, from his eyes to the way he dresses, it's all so darn melting.
- Bii concerned loving face! I'm totally in love with this guy even if he doesn't utter a single word. *sigh*
- I'm a woman but I'm so enchanted by Chou Amanda! Her acting is so natural and cute that you can't help but fall for her.
- A few steamy kisses that makes you fantasize what it would be like to be Chen Baron girlfriend. *dies*
- Funny jokes here and there.
- Satisfying ending for the lead couple.

the BAD:
- Cheesy scenes/lines.
- Bii doesn't get to kiss the girl! WHY?
- Dragged and predictable story.

Parfait Tic
Oct 4, 2018
Keep in mind that I haven't read the manga. Thank you.

The events of the drama (skip this if you still plan to watch this):
- Two high-school male (cousins) move in an apartment in the same building to the heroine. One is cheerful/friendly (lets call him Smiley), and the other is Grumpy (lets call him that lol).
- So the heroine (lets call her Yoyo) starts liking Smiley and confess her feelings to him. But Smiley tells her that he doesn't believe in love and breaks her heart.
- Yoyo gets all sad and weepy whenever she sees Smiley. Grumpy jumps in and comfort Yoyo by telling her that he likes her and should become his girlfriend. After a couple of therapeutic sessions (aka kind words from Grumpy and a hair-pin gift she receives from him), she starts to fall for him and they become a couple.
- However, Grumpy's ex-girlfriend appears and he starts going out with her because -in his words, not mine- "she is weak" and needs him. So he tells Yoyo that he loves her but he still have feelings for his ex. Therefore, he breaks-up with Yoyo to sort out his feelings for his (older and has a boyfriend) ex.
- Smiley takes this chance to jump back into the game! He comforts Yoyo and confess that after he turned her down, he realized he loved her. *ehem*
- Yoyo gets all confused and sad and weepy again. This time she tells Smiley that she still likes Grumpy and she will try to get over him.
- Grumpy confront his ex: "who are we kidding, you love your boyfriend so go be with him! We both need to be with who we want to be with!" Yeah, they break-up and Grumpy (the stone-head) doesn't realize that Yoyo is going out with Smiley because she still have feelings for him so he doesn't tell anyone that he broke-up with his ex.
- Time goes by and Grumpy tells Yoyo that he still loves her and that his ex is history. Smiley spots them very close to each other and runs to hit Grumpy on the face. Yoyo tells him to stop! Smiley goes away all grumpy. lol
- Anyways, now both guys want Yoyo and she can't decide which one she likes because she doesn't want to lose one of them. But then Sad-Smiley tells her that he hates himself when he is with her because of all the jealousy he feels when she is with Grumpy. So he breaks up with her.
- Grumpy tries to win her back but Yoyo won't make a damn decision. Then Smiley tells her that his grandfather wants one of them (him or Grumpy) to travel and take over the family business, so whoever she wants will stay.
- Yoyo can't do it! She can't lose them! Smiley says he will go but Grumpy decides to be noble and leave because he realized that she likes Smiley more.
- In the end Yoyo is happy because she didn't lose both guys! yay! WHAT!!!

Comment:
Yoyo is a very disappointing heroine. She should have moved on when from the first time both guys broke it off with her. To be honest, both Grumpy and Smiley are not that great anyways. Okay, both of them helped her when she needed to find someone to adopt a dog but that's it. There was no depth in her relationship and no real talk about family and life with both guys.

Flying Colors
Mar 25, 2016
An inspiring movie that will make you cry and even think about your value as a person in society. Sometimes we end up taking a certain path in life just because we were influenced by family, teachers, or friends. What would life be like if we really chose what we really wanted instead of what others expect from us?

This story is about finding yourself worth and achieving your dreams despite all the negativity thrown your way.
Terrace House: Boys & Girls in the City
Jan 23, 2018
3 Girls and 3 Boys (chosen from many applicants!) are put in a house to "supposedly" achieve a certain goal (with no script aka do whatever you like). However, it is obviously like a group blind date turned into a group live-together date. This was surprisingly an enjoyable watch for me. What made this show fun and hilarious was the commentary/discussion between the hosts. Their reaction to the events were really honest and on point, and I liked the fact that they criticized the house members for their bad behaviors. It was interesting to see different personalities and their attempts to get along. I found this on Netflix and I couldn't stop myself from watching all the episodes. You will like this if you are into analyzing personalities and relationships.

PS: Whenever I see Kentaro smiling and laughing with the hosts, my heart skips a beat. I hope he gets a leading role soon because I am completely in love. *experiencing crush symptoms like crazy* <3<3<3

Princess Jellyfish
Oct 14, 2015
I was captivated from the very beginning!

You have to watch this! The story, the characters, the fashion, and the comedy all mash up together very brilliantly. You will be touched and inspired at the same time. I don't know how to describe it. If you are into fashion, you will enjoy this tremendously!

If you fell in love with Paradise Kiss, Princess Jellyfish will make you jump with joy.

WATCH THIS!
Your House Helper
Sep 4, 2018
It has been a while since I watched a perfect drama. I felt relaxed, happy, comforted, and healed throughout the episodes.

The music, atmosphere, and story embarks you on a soothing journey from start to end. It is true that having a cleaned and organised home reflects your feelings inside. You can never achieve a relaxing home environment if you are stressed or struggling in life.

Some events or lines might be a bit cheesy for some viewers but the messages this drama carries are deep and heartfelt:

• Life is hard but connecting with positive people can encourage you and make you stronger to face them.
• Don't stand silent against abuse and speak up.
• Relationships that are in your head are not real. Face it.
• It is never too late to dream and achieve.
• Home environment mirrors your heart.
• No one is perfect. We learn from our mistakes.
• Resolve anger and pain by communicating. Don't let your emotions eat on you inside. Heal yourself because you are worth it.