Upcoming Taiwanese drama: Fabulous boys

After the big hit of the Korean Drama "You're Beautiful":

And the great Japanese remake "Ikemen Desu Ne":

Taiwan decided to take part in the international buzz by producing "Fabulous Boys":
Since Dramaland is already treating us so well in 2013, let's add another achievement: Taiwanese You're Beautiful is coming up this year!

After buying the rights of "You're Beautiful", F4's  Jerry Yan decided to start his producing career through this drama. It was rumored that he would take part in this drama's cast but he replied "I am too old for these roles, I will only produce it".

Jiro Wang is going to be the lead male of this upcoming remake which made many viewers and critics wonder about his ability of portraying an arrogant character but I am crossing fingers that he won't disappoint us and and perform his character flawlessly. Also, since Jang Geun Suk appeared as a guest role in the Japanese Ikemen Desu Ne, Park Shin Hye is going to make a cameo appearance in the first episode and she already stated in her personal Twitter "I am going to meet Go Mi Nam in Taiwan".

The remaining cast are:

A newbie Taiwanese actress, Suli Wen, as Go Mi Nam, a newbie Korean, Hwang In Deuk, as Kang Shin Hoo, and Taiwanese Idol star, Evan Yo, as Jeremy

The president:

Go Mi Nam's Manager:

Tae Kyun's mother:

The released preview:

After watching the preview, I noticed that everything was a "Déjà Vu", not because I already saw the two previous versions but because it looks like a scene to scene remake with a different cast which makes me wonder: is it a remake or a replicate? Seriously speaking, I felt the Japanese touch when I watched Ikemen Desu Ne that's why I am hoping to see Taiwan's touch on this. I don't want to see a production that's meant to attract audience; I know that thought is weird considering the fact that this is a shallow pop star-idol drama but what I've been meaning to say is: we all want to see a remake not a copy paste version, don't you agree?

That being said, the 13-episode drama is scheduled to air on Sundays this summer or maybe this February? I am not quite sure because there has been articles here and there without the official airing date Therefore, we need to be a little patient in order to find out the exact airing date. Hopefully, it won't be delayed to summer because that's a long way to go.

Are you excited about the Taiwanese version as I am?

Emu May 25, 2014

Isn't Bao Wei Ming the president not the manager?

kdramafan1974 Apr 25, 2013

I have seen both versions and I know I am going against the norm but the Japanese version is my favorite. I can't wait for the T-version. I don't see a carbon copy when I watch the preview. I like that Jiro Wang seems to smile a little more than the others did. I think it will be good. Can't wait!

palak Apr 14, 2013

I wish Jerry Yan had acted in this too! He's not too old. COME ON!

NotYourOppa Apr 11, 2013

How sweet scene of dancing~! ? ?! :)

lillith Mar 26, 2013

Is it airing or not? I'm so confused x_x

sam30317 May 12, 2013

I just saw the raw version on dramacray, which means it'll be subbed soon!!

palak Feb 4, 2013

oh my goooooosh. I didn't watch the Japanese version but I'm definitely going to watch the TW one :))

LittleBozSheep Feb 4, 2013

It’s impossible to explain exactly HOW excited I am to watch this.
    1) It's a remake of My favourite drama (Korean version)
    2) It will be from my favourite country
    3) It has one of my favourite MC’s
    However because of this I’m going to SOO picky when watching this and I really hope Jiro Wang does a great job however I highly doubt he will be able to do better then Jang Geun Suk (another one of my favourite actors) I have no about this will Not beat the original however I have Such high hopes for this ~ Also for Jerry Yan's producing career.
    I normally don’t watch shows until they have completely aired as I can’t stand waiting however this will be my exception.

yeochinmin Jan 26, 2013

Nah

ChunElla Jan 26, 2013

I hope that taiwan version will be as good as korean and not bad as japanese.

LadyEclair Jan 26, 2013

yes i am excited too.....i was waiting for this since i saw YAB and i`m dying to watch is...from the preview i expect it to be as good as the korean version, can`t wait to see Jiro acting out that kind of character and honestly i think Suli is really cute as Go Mi Nam...i hope it will air as soon as possible i`ll die till summer ^^

werwiewowas95 Jan 26, 2013

I just looked their ages up... the actor for shinwoo is 9 yrs younger than giro?

StephStephieTeff Jan 26, 2013

Yes! That'd be so awesome! I'd love it so much. :)

MisakiRirin Jan 25, 2013

As excited as I am for this, I kind of wish there could be a second season to You're Beautiful (Korean version). I think it should continue with stories surrounding Kang Shin Woo and Jeremy this time. THAT I would love. :3 Find them boys some love!
    Great article, thanks! :D

Glamorous Jan 25, 2013

i watched both the Korean version and the Japanese. Both were so exciting & gr8! i'm expecting the same from the Taiwanese version!

EzzeZe Jan 25, 2013

yay! i loved the original, and watched the japanese versions well, cant wait to watch this one ^^

• 0Published Posts
  • 0Total
  • 0Total Views

Cheer's most recent articles...