Fukushi Sota to Star in a New Romance Drama This Summer!

DAE9sTAVwAAoGGb.jpg:small

It has been confirmed that Fukushi Sota will be starring in a new romance drama this summer, called Aishite tatte, Himitsu wa Aru (I Love You, But I Have a Secret). The release date is set for the end of July. Kawaguchi Haruna will play the main female lead and Sota's love interest.

The last romance drama that Sota starred in was Love Relationship back in 2015, and this is the second time that he is working with Haruna. They played the main couple in Say "I Love You".

Fukushi Sota plays the lead character Okumori Rei who killed his father in the summer of his third year of Junior High School so as to protect his mother Akiko (Suzuki Honami) who suffered from domestic violence inflicted by her husband. In order to hide his crime, Rei and Akiko decided to bury the corpse in the back garden of their house, report him as missing and share this dark secret between themselves.

Rei strives hard to become a lawyer without making friends or falling in love. Eleven years later, 26-year-old Rei meets Tachibana Sawa (Kawaguchi Haruna) in graduate law school and the two of them fall in love with each other. Although Rei has made up his mind to get married to Sawa with his mother's blessings, someone who seemingly knows about his secret sends an alarming message to him.

The drama will contain elements of romance, mystery and family drama; while the key concept will be how much you know (or do not know) about the people you love and trust.

C_6gX8xUAAAyy7P.jpg

What do you think about this upcoming drama?

Are you gonna watch it?

Thanks for reading!

Sources: DoramaWorld, Oricon

joannesmith 7 days ago

can't wait! Love him and enjoyed their prior flick together couple-wise.

Max Jun 1, 2017

Interesting plot, I'll pick this one this summer too ^^

sugasinner May 29, 2017

I'm definitely going to watch this! I need some more JDramas for the summer.

Jessica May 23, 2017 - edited

Sound very interesting... !!! I love him and Shun Oguri and Kimura Takuya!!

Erica May 23, 2017 - edited

I cannot wait until this comes out!!
    Huge Fan of J-Drama/Movies!!
    But I really loved "DayTime Shooting Star"

ken May 22, 2017

Sounds interesting

nac369 May 22, 2017

Really not a great actor but the plot is interesting so I will probably watch it!

Fortuna May 22, 2017

Sota, you're looking even better...not that it'll help you. This drama is *so* right up my alley so it's an instant add. I hope Sota doesn't disappoint because this kind of drama needs someone that can really pull it off.

onesnowyday May 22, 2017

This sounds really good :o Japan and their mystery dramas are always great! I hope Fukushi's acting will be enough to convince me about the story though.

desertbanshee May 22, 2017

I like Sota and count me in for watching!

rawan May 22, 2017

I don't get why people think he's a bad actor, like his acting is not oscar award winning and he comes off as emotionless (my friend and I call him emotionless guy) but he's really not as bad as people make him out to be.
    Plus what's nice about him is when I watch him he feels really natural in the roles he plays, like I'm watching a regular guy and idk it's really comforting, plus I think he's funny in a unintentional way. I think he just gets repetitive roles and doesn't really have a chance to show his better acting side to be honest.
    Anyways, I'm really excited for this because it seems different from the roles he usually plays and it seems like a wild ride.

ErisFerris3 May 22, 2017 - edited

The most crazy is not that he's a bad actor, everyone is at the beginning, but that his acting level DOESN'T CHANGE AT ALL. He's not at the beginning of his career anymore, can't he show some kind of.... emotion on screen? And he aways loses the spotlight every time he's on screen with a more gifted actor, even though he has this original big spotlight named "MAIN LEAD", he always find a way to disappear from the screen.

He was the weakest actor in Yowakutemo Katemasu (okay this drama had very strong young actor, but he is an actor too), in Library Wars he was just "Matsuzaka's brothers" even though he had more screen time than Matsuzaka", in Omukae Desu I only remember his female co-sar Tao. And for the dramas where he was a supporting character, I don't even remember seeing him.

Enoshima Prism? Koizora? Wasn't it works with Nomura as lead? No? He only was 'second' lead? Oh. Fukushi was the lead. Don't remember him. Don't remember the female lead, too.
    Tomorrow I Will Date With Yesterday’s You was such an embarrassing movie... Komatsu can be very good or very bad, and she was very bad with a very bad partner.

And I can't talk about As God Will... It was really a bad move from his agency. How can you put him in a showdown with Kamiki Ryunosuke? Yes, they have the same age, but Kamiki is on screen since he was 2 yo.

The thing to remember : In Japan, when you have a pretty face and you're part of a very powerful agency, you can be big, even when everyone knows that you don't have any talent.

ladytristeza May 22, 2017

well i watched with him only two movies - say i love you and strobe edge and yeah he was really bland...i don´t remember at him at all...i just remember i was thinking he was not really good in acting department but i just did assume it was because he was new actor...but now after what you said i´m afraid he will gonna ruin bleach...well not that bleach would be actually really good manga but first volumes were really great and i don´t wanna see even that to be a ruined...phew probably better don´t watch at all :(

rawan May 22, 2017

Honestly Yowakutemo Katemasu's young cast were all terrible except for maybe Mamiya Shotaro and some of the minor roles so it's not really a good example...

chibiladychoi May 22, 2017

Whats with these shady lover plot in jmovies? Evergreen comes to my mind.

abee May 22, 2017

Sota is gorgeous but I'm not really impressed with his acting. I also dropped Say I Love You but I might give it another go to prepare myself for this pairing.

Pretty excited to watch this though! Mystery and romance are some of my favorite genres (aka why Pretty Little Liars is my first American show lol). Hoping that it'll deliver an intense mystery!

(aka Ceki91)

Ceki's most recent articles...