The American Adaptation of "God's Gift - 14 Days" Has Started Airing

574790318171456800_d4bf6bd9_c2x.jpg  MV5BMjMyNjk5NTg2N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjIz

Somewhere Between is an American TV show produced by ITV Studios America and Thunderbird Entertainment, currently airing on ABC. It is based on the popular 2014 Korean mystery and supernatural drama God's Gift - 14 Days, starring Lee Bo Young. She plays the role of a distressed mother who goes back in time to save her murdered daughter.

The American spin-off features Paula Patton as the mother and Aria Birch as her daughter. The husband is played by JR Bourne.

A mother tries to change the fate of her 8 year old daughter, as she knows where, when and how she's murdered, but doesn't know who kills her and why.

Somewhere Between revolves around Laura Price and her daughter. After a series of murders in the vicinity, Laura realizes that she is reliving the day in a Groundhog Day-style reset. However, she has only one chance to understand what's happening and stop the killer from hurting her.

Somewhere Between premiered on July 24 and will have 11 episodes.

Check out the trailer below:

What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks for reading!

Check out:

-> The Asian Drama Remakes of Western Shows & Films

Carolina 4 days ago

THE GOOD DOCTOR IS UNDERGOING AN AMERICAN REMAKE. IM SO EXCITED.

PJATOHOO 8 days ago

If it's abc, then it's bound to be good tbh

FrizzyMee 9 days ago

Lol.. looks stupid

NewKDramaAddict 10 days ago - edited

Watched ep 1. Paula is about as uninteresting as LBY was in the beginning. The drama was all about JSW and the daughter. They definitely changed his character and its played by Devon Sawa who I like so we will see where they go. As with the original, I will be watching for the daughter and DS's character to see how they develop them. Its a crap shoot with remakes. While Good Wife was awesome, Entourage was a hot mess! I haven't started Criminal Minds KR but they have some serious shoes to fill for me to say its better; I just want decent for that one.

Scorpio8 11 days ago

I think korean version is the best. Even the trailer was good. I watched God's gift 14days continously & when i finished watching last episode The sun rises in my place.

jaded14yaoi 12 days ago

Paula Patton's acting doesn't seem that great from the trailer, but I'll check it out to see where they're going with it. It could have it's own merits.

MrBanana 12 days ago

The acting in the american version is so bad...

ilovemassu 12 days ago

just finished watching the first episode of the adaptation. it was rushed but it didn't left out any important details so far. the actress playing Lee BoYoung's character is too much in term of facial expression. i thought i was seeing a play rather than watching tv.

Mystearica81 12 days ago

It's good so far but I feel that they could have made it a bit longer as, I feel, like they have taken or sped up certain things or have not gone into detail on. But I can see why they would. After this is the remake to ' The Good Doctor' with the same name in the Fall!!!

LuvK 13 days ago

Hmm, not sure, if I have never seen the Kdrama, I would have seen it. Well, let see,

HermanFassett 13 days ago

I've never actually seen the original drama, but comparing the trailers, I think I'm going to enjoy watching God's Gift - 14 Days, and not even think about watching Somewhere Between.

0hellgirl0 13 days ago

<.< what !

KatySarang_TGeyes 13 days ago

I hope they don't ruin it by putting a lot of sex in it lol. Also, I wonder if they'll have that fantastic twist at the end!

This doesn't have the same feels as God's Gift - 14 Days, not just because this is starring a black person, no racism intended. It just doesn't feel the same.

scarleT 13 days ago - edited

I have no interest in American television or most cinema anymore. A lot of remakes, unnecessary prequels and sequels, and overall unoriginal screenwriting... HOWEVER, when it comes to BIPOC films (Black/Indigenous/Persons of Colour), THERE ARE a ton of films that fly under the radar or are widely ignored/underrated because of the ways in which whiteness and white-washing infiltrates Hollywood. The industry is racist. We have seen a lot of white imaginations, and not many from BIPOC communities on the large stage. I'm so happy to see this changing. Moonlight, Hidden Figures, Get Out, (upcoming) The Black Panther, Netflix's series Chewing Gum & films featuring racialzied and queer folks...it doesn't mater if it doesn't feel the same. I was a little turned off by the adaptation because I'm like... come on, get a big more original, but for real... the fact that people are opening up their damn blinders and are appreciating cinema from around the world (especially SK, there's also a remake of Good Doctor now too), makes me feel like these representations do matter. The fact that it is starring a black person makes me happy.

scarleT 13 days ago

Update: just watched this. It looks good... so I literally don't agree with you. But... that's my opinion.

JustJackieB 12 days ago

When you say "no racism intended", that implies it was intended. What difference does it make if the lead actress is black or white. I'm currently watching Somewhere Between. It has the same suspense and thrills as the original. Somewhere Between cannot use a translated verbatim script from God's Gift - 14 days. US of America culture is completely different from South Korean. So I asked you to open your mind, follow the storyline

Eunha 12 days ago - edited

True the industry is racist but at the same time I'm not going to watch a film just bc it is a BIPOC film. I think saying no racism intended has kinda become a normal add on these days bc if you don't you might get accused of being racist then too....like I don't like the black guy playing L in Netflix death note but then I might have to add the "no racism intended" bc I'm not going to spend the effort finding his actual name (plus i would soon forget it) (ya i could just leave color out but its just meant as an innocent description), for the record its not just L, don't like the white one playing Light either.

I haven't seen the Asian version so I think ill see the American one first. I think this is a story that can actually be adapted well. I mean the concept of mom saving daughter is universal.

Domi 13 days ago

I hope it's going to be good! I loved the drama and I really wanted to watch it with my mum, but she isn't good with subtitles, so I'm happy to be able to watch it with her anyways. :D

(aka Ceki91)

Ceki's most recent articles...