The American Adaptation of "God's Gift - 14 Days" Has Started Airing

574790318171456800_d4bf6bd9_c2x.jpg  MV5BMjMyNjk5NTg2N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjIz

Somewhere Between is an American TV show produced by ITV Studios America and Thunderbird Entertainment, currently airing on ABC. It is based on the popular 2014 Korean mystery and supernatural drama God's Gift - 14 Days, starring Lee Bo Young. She plays the role of a distressed mother who goes back in time to save her murdered daughter.

The American spin-off features Paula Patton as the mother and Aria Birch as her daughter. The husband is played by JR Bourne.

A mother tries to change the fate of her 8 year old daughter, as she knows where, when and how she's murdered, but doesn't know who kills her and why.

Somewhere Between revolves around Laura Price and her daughter. After a series of murders in the vicinity, Laura realizes that she is reliving the day in a Groundhog Day-style reset. However, she has only one chance to understand what's happening and stop the killer from hurting her.

Somewhere Between premiered on July 24 and will have 11 episodes.

Check out the trailer below:

What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks for reading!

Check out:

-> The Asian Drama Remakes of Western Shows & Films

yanbu 20 days ago

Good Doctor remake :( Although the lead young doctor is an excellent British actor, I am very upset w this remake. for once the said from the creator of House, WHAT That heck!!! they r not even saying adapted by the creator of House, I heard people waiting for it and they r in shock when I said it is a Korean drama re-make, many don't believe me. Other reason so far I haven't heard of any Korean drama remake in America w any success. In my eyes they destroyed 14 days.

yanbu 20 days ago

Hate it. I loved 14 days, American destroyed the drama. Why can't just show the Korean version, Why do they have to remake it?????

Carolina Aug 20, 2017 - edited

THE GOOD DOCTOR IS UNDERGOING AN AMERICAN REMAKE. IM SO EXCITED.

PJATOHOO Aug 16, 2017

If it's abc, then it's bound to be good tbh

FrizzyMee Aug 15, 2017

Lol.. looks stupid

NewKDramaAddict Aug 14, 2017 - edited

Watched ep 1. Paula is about as uninteresting as LBY was in the beginning. The drama was all about JSW and the daughter. They definitely changed his character and its played by Devon Sawa who I like so we will see where they go. As with the original, I will be watching for the daughter and DS's character to see how they develop them. Its a crap shoot with remakes. While Good Wife was awesome, Entourage was a hot mess! I haven't started Criminal Minds KR but they have some serious shoes to fill for me to say its better; I just want decent for that one.

Scorpio8 Aug 12, 2017

I think korean version is the best. Even the trailer was good. I watched God's gift 14days continously & when i finished watching last episode The sun rises in my place.

jaded14yaoi Aug 11, 2017

Paula Patton's acting doesn't seem that great from the trailer, but I'll check it out to see where they're going with it. It could have it's own merits.

MrBanana Aug 11, 2017

The acting in the american version is so bad...

ilovemassu Aug 11, 2017

just finished watching the first episode of the adaptation. it was rushed but it didn't left out any important details so far. the actress playing Lee BoYoung's character is too much in term of facial expression. i thought i was seeing a play rather than watching tv.

Mystearica81 Aug 11, 2017

It's good so far but I feel that they could have made it a bit longer as, I feel, like they have taken or sped up certain things or have not gone into detail on. But I can see why they would. After this is the remake to ' The Good Doctor' with the same name in the Fall!!!

LuvK Aug 11, 2017

Hmm, not sure, if I have never seen the Kdrama, I would have seen it. Well, let see,

HermanFassett Aug 11, 2017

I've never actually seen the original drama, but comparing the trailers, I think I'm going to enjoy watching God's Gift - 14 Days, and not even think about watching Somewhere Between.

0hellgirl0 Aug 11, 2017

<.< what !

KatySarang_TGeyes Aug 11, 2017

I hope they don't ruin it by putting a lot of sex in it lol. Also, I wonder if they'll have that fantastic twist at the end!

(aka Ceki91)

Ceki's most recent articles...