Hello!

I've always been an avid anime watcher, however in the last three years I have slowly transitioned to kdramas up to the point that I haven't seen anything in a year! Could I get some recommendations as to what is the best anime out there right now as well as recent new releases?

Thanks!

Azzu~

Best anime of Winter 2016 would most definitely be boku dake ga inai machi 
It was top 10 for a long run, and slipped to probably stay #17 upon completion 

its a really good anime. 

Otherwise back in 2015. I rated 29 anime.
Gintama was a 9. im just about going to watch the last episode now and we will see if the score changes any. but the plot has become a lot more serious here and i dont know if this is the end. it feels like the end. if you had been watching gintama and always loved the comedy but wished for more plot. well this is it. a little of the comedy left because of the seriousness and just darkness of the storyline. but its a nice change, and well. just sad if its the end.

another 9 from last year  was the one piece movie episode of sabo. one piece is always a great anime and this standalone movie was solid as usual.

then for 2014 i watched 58 anime 

barakamon i gave a 9. its a very very different anime. slice of life. very relaxing. very zen.

kill la kill special i also gave a 9. i cant recall what it was about anymore but kill la kill was a great anime. another very different anime this time different in terms of illustration/art and music choice. so the special must have been a good episode too

kiseijuu was also a 9. it was a great anime. very solid. good plot. thriller. realistic in the unverse it was set it. somewhat of a emotional show too. with soem fantastic music and ost. probably the ending was a little weak for me but overall idea and implementationw as solid

shigatsu wa kimi no uso also a 9 
this anime sits as #15 all time on MAL. and it is really solid. a school life romance ?tragedy that is just a little too special to ignore. 

then uve got the stand by me doraemon movie at 9
i mean how can u anyone not catch this. this was fantastic. even for those that might never have watched doraemon. i only watched a little as a kid but this was fantastic. was a great story in addition to a nice change in graphics

and i think the anime of 2014 was yowamushi pedal at 10
sports friendship hardwork etc. i bunch of cyclists racing their hearts out in high school. quite the inspirationa lstory. makes u wanna go out there and ride a bike..

thats the 9 and 10 animes from 2015 and 2014 for me.