Right. It's official. The godfather of animation is retiring. My first reaction: "Nooooooo!" *sobs**sniffs**sniffs**wails*. Ok, maybe not THAT dramatic, but still, this news saddens me. I love his movies and have never grown tired from watching them, no matter how old I am. Happy for him though, he's 72 and surely deserves it. Wishing you a happy retirement Miyazaki-san, hats off to you.

http://www.screendaily.com/news/hayao-miyazaki-talks-retirement/5060081.article?referrer=RSS&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=1%26WT.tsrc%3Dtwitter%26WT.mc_id%3Dtwitter_twitterfeed_latestnews
I was sad too, but I kinda expected it. :(

I think this is his third time announcing retirement. I wonder if "third time's the charm" will hold up. Or maybe he will make one more comeback. :)
OK... i just saw the first part of the name of this thread and i totally freaked OUT that HM is dead :D Anyway, good for him, he deserves the time off :) wish him a long life ^^
@sleepninja, yeah he did say the same thing after Mononoke and Ponyo. But it seems like he really means it this time. @BPetra, Haha my apologies! Didn't mean to scare anyone. :p
I heard about it too. Though it's really, really sad (I love his movies), it was clear it would happen in the near future given his age. So I wish him a nice retirement and I'm thankful for all those awesome movies he brought to us ^-^.
a Rilly sad News, but not surprising, taking his age in thurth.. wish him a LONG and happy retiring. and "Domo Arigatou gosiamasu" tanks alot for all the great movies he has made..
I love his works and since there won`t be more..I love them even more... He is great for creating such amazing movies and I`m thankful for that:)
Sad news for us and maybe a good one for him !! (Still hoping secretly for a comeback ^^). All his masterpieces will be remembered !