"Seika High School, once an all-boys school notorious for its wild students and for generally being a terrifying place for girls, has recently become a co-ed school. With the female population still a minority and living in fear of the over-the-top antics of the males, Misaki Ayuzawa takes it into her own hands to reform the school and allow the girls to feel safe in the rough environment.

Training, studying, and even becoming the first female student council president of the school, Misaki has gained a reputation among the male students body as an uptight, boy-hating dictator and as a shining hope for the teachers and fellow female students. However, despite her tough-as-nails appearance, she secretly works part-time at a maid café in order to support her family. Unfortunately, her hard-earned reputation is threatened when the popular, attractive, and somewhat impassive Takumi Usui takes an interest in her after discovering her in a maid uniform after school."
- Wikipedia

I am a baby when it comes to experience in anime. I've only seen a few episodes of the Ouran anime and when I was really little, before I knew what anime was, I used to watch Sailor Moon. So really I have no experience. I came across this anime by chance and decided to watch it. I love it!

I love the opening music and have come to realize that anime is pretty good. The characters are funny and interesting, and the quality is pretty good too.

Anyone else seen, like, dislike, etc this?

Also, as a newcomer to anime, is there anything you would recommend for me to watch. I'd like to add that I've always been, am, and will be a sucker for romantic comedies. Nothing too serious. Light and funny animes would sound fun.

All help is appreciated. :D
Oh, the picture didn't show. Let's try another.

I just realized I messed up the title of the thread.

Edit button, where art thou!?!

Should be Kaichou wa Maid-sama!

In case you already didn't know.

:(
LOL, we do need that edit button.

I've never seen this. I don't usually follow cute anime. But I did watch this:
Kimi ni Todoke (there's also a live action)

And I friend of mine harassed me until I gave in and watched this...lol
School Rumble
a friend* *sigh*

Do you like really cute, pink stuff? lol
I can't say if I like really cute pink stuff or not. If it's overwhelming than I probably won't, but if used in moderation I'm okay with it.
I lost interest in Kaichou wa Maid-sama, and stopped watching it around the sixth episode or so. As for recommendations, if you like rom-coms, I would suggest Nodame Cantabile, Kare Kano/His and Her Circumstances (an old one, but hysterical), and Skip Beat. Well, Skip Beat doesn't really have a strong romantic storyline, but it's one of the funniest shows I've seen. I would also say check out Paradise Kiss and NANA, both based upon mangas written by my favorite mangaka Ai Yazawa. They fall more into the josei category, or anime geared towards women in their 20's, so they're both of a more mature bent than Kaichou. However, the stories are brilliant.
PandaYang wrote: I lost interest in Kaichou wa Maid-sama, and stopped watching it around the sixth episode or so. As for recommendations, if you like rom-coms, I would suggest Nodame Cantabile, Kare Kano/His and Her Circumstances (an old one, but hysterical), and Skip Beat. Well, Skip Beat doesn't really have a strong romantic storyline, but it's one of the funniest shows I've seen. I would also say check out Paradise Kiss and NANA, both based upon mangas written by my favorite mangaka Ai Yazawa. They fall more into the josei category, or anime geared towards women in their 20's, so they're both of a more mature bent than Kaichou. However, the stories are brilliant.

I've been meaning to start Paradise Kiss.
I love Paradise Kiss! I marathoned it one Saturday night when I was a sophomore in college, and even my roommate, who mocked my love of anime, parked her butt next to me and devoured all twelve (thirteen?) episodes with me. Added bonus: the opening theme became one of my all time favorite songs.

I've seen a few eps (around 5 or 6) of Kaichou Wa Maid Sama, but I've read most of the manga that's out. The story is really cute and I like it ^o^. But I think that animes like Kaichou are better when read as a manga rather than when watched. The "shoujo" genre isn't as fun in anime as in the manga. I prefer watching action animes, and reading Shoujo mangas :D
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I want a drama or 2nd season of the anime *__* this is my fav anime (one of them)
ichYuuki wrote: LOL, we do need that edit button.

I've never seen this. I don't usually follow cute anime. But I did watch this:
Kimi ni Todoke (there's also a live action)

And I friend of mine harassed me until I gave in and watched this...lol
School Rumble

Haha who is that friend?....hehe I want to thank her/him :p Lol
I guess I am an big Kimi Ni Todoke Fan and I love Kaichou wa Maid-Sama too ~
I love Kaichou wa maid-sama ! It was my wall calendar for last year ^^ I join with HAVA in hopes for a 2nd season! if they did drama - who would we cast?!
abs wrote: I love Kaichou wa maid-sama !
It was my wall calendar for last year ^^
I join with HAVA in hopes for a 2nd season!

if they did drama - who would we cast?!

I wonder about that...mhm I really don´t know :D
But hope that when they would do an Drama then the cast must be really fitting and that is hard :p
I watched this a few months ago and I didn't like it, even if I did like Usui and...Mi...well, the girl. If they did do a drama, I hope it's story like rather random episodes that only connect by the working love(?) story in the background.