1. There is only ONE timeline. There are NO multiple timelines/branches.

2. The currently accepted temporal theory that “everything that should happen, already happened” is not applicable in this show, since they showed us how newspapers and events changed.

3. As of episode 4, the only applicable temporal theory is the “time bubble” theory (or “quantum bubble” as some call it).

Meaning, the time period from the origin time period to the target period is in total flux. Nothing is concrete yet.

• origin time period = 2021
  • target time period = 1987

4. Since the time machine broke, it is possible the time bubble no longer exist. If it will be fixed later, then 2021 and 1987 will be connected again, which will force everything in between to be in flux (nothing concrete/fixed - everything can change at any time).

* A time/quantum bubble is created because time travellers are changing things; and the time traveller causing changes can still travel through time. (At least that's the theory.)

** Also, a time/quantum bubble usually exist when there is only ONE timeline. It can exist in the “Multiple Worlds Interpretation” (a.k.a. multiple timelines) theory, but only in rare cases (usually seen in DC comics).

Yes I think so too. But I kinda feel like there might be a time loop. My guess is it's male lead's dad left the car in 2021 for hae jun to find the car. Already there was a driver in the 1st episode.