I`m looking for some Cdramas recommendations of different genres ^^ Thanks in advance!

Detective Dramas

・costume/historical setting, up to the Republican Era

・a lot of investigations/cases/mysteries to solve

Something similar to My roommate is a detective, Strange tales of Tang Dynasty, White Cat Legend, Ancient Detective

Palace Dramas, especially with

・politics involved

・scheming/cunning characters (I don`t care who and why)

・engaging story/plot

Something similar to Story of Kunning Palace, Unchained Love, Joy of Life, Pledge of Allegiance

Please alert if it has a sad ending (main or many characters die).

Epic (?) Dramas

・can be costume/historical or xianxia (I prefer the former though)

・better if it has a lot of action or fighting scenes

Something similar to Legend of Fuyao, The legend of ShenLi, Sword Snow Stride, Word of Honor, Luoyang

Obsessed/possessive/toxic/jealous ML Dramas

・costume (until Republican era ok) or xianxia

・mini dramas very welcome too

・enemies to lovers, kidnapping, arranged marriage, revenge and such

Something similar to Rising Feather, Maid`s Revenge, A tale of Love and Loyalty, Part for Ever, A camellia Romance

P.S. Please no recommendations for dramas with Zhao Lusi, Dilraba Dilmurat, Luo Yunxi

I'm hoping someone else will answer because I'm pretty sure I've mentioned just about everything I've watched to you before, but I'll try with a few just in case. Let me know if you want any details regarding the ending spoilers on any of these.

Mysteries:

Palace dramas:

• Untouchable Lovers (happy ending which is honestly a surprise considering how unlikely it looks! I know I've recommended this before but I adore it, it fits what you're looking for with politics, scheming characters, and plot, and I mostly watch fluffy palace cdramas otherwise so it's the only one I could think of.)

Epic dramas:

• Love in Between (happy ending for the lead and third couples but it's kind of offscreen because they ran out of budget, lol. Warning for a super tragic ending for the secondary couple, I cried so much. )
  • Ever Night (best fight scenes I've seen, there's two season, season 1 ends on a cliffhanger, season 2 is happy but somewhat open as there was supposed to be a third season. But it's not a bad place for it to end and the leads are alive and together, so...)
  • Listening Snow Tower (happy ending. the only things I liked about this drama was a supporting couple and the pretty aesthetics but the fight scenes are very good and a lot of people liked it much better than I did, so...)
  • Wonderland of Love (happy ending)
  • Battle of Changsha (it's a happy ending for the leads since they both survive the war, are reunited, and it ends with them alive and together with their son but literally every other character including the FL's entire family dies so it's a very tragic drama)

Obsessed/toxic MLs (I know I've rec'd you everything I've seen with this):

I hope that helps a little!

Thanks as always!

Some titles you did mention already, but some others are brand new to me! I will check everything *_*

I`m also seriously considering watching Untouchable Lovers (if I can put aside my dislike of Zhao Lusi ^^;)

GothickBlood:

Thanks as always!

Some titles you did mention already, but some others are brand new to me! I will check everything *_*

I`m also seriously considering watching Untouchable Lovers (if I can put aside my dislike of Zhao Lusi ^^;)

Oh, goodness, I totally forgot for a moment she was in that, lol, I'm so sorry! I wasn't even thinking of the cast in these. She plays the villain, if that helps!

A Dream of Splendor is excellent.

maidenholmes:

A Dream of Splendor is excellent.

This one is already in my plan to watch list! Glad to hear positive reviews ^^