I am entirely new to the world of Asian dramas and shows, having started by watching the shortened version of the Legend of Concubine Zhen Huan on Netflix. I've gotten a few good Korean recommendations from a friend and have found some other shows by myself doing searches online. But does anyone have any recommendations for some good historical dramas similar to Zhen Huan that they can recommend? 

Nirvana in fire is a must-watch. I would say if you only plan to watch one Chinese historical drama, watch nirvana in fire.
I recommend you to watch Empress Ki. 
The latest just end up Ten Miles of Peach Blossom(Etenal Love). Indeed Nirvana In Fire is a must.
Nirvana in Fire
Scarlet Heart
Sound of the Desert

Those are my top 3, in that order as well. 

Queen Seon Deok, Young Warriors of Yang Clan

The virtuous queen of Han

Rule the world

General and I 

The pince of Lan Ling 

Princess of Lanling king 

The eternal love 

The advisors Alliance 

Princess agents 

God of war, Zhao Yun 

The imperial doctress 

The king's woman 

The princess Weiyoung 

I definitely recommend empress ki or queen seon deok. Two of my most favorite dramas ever. My pfp is even from empress ki. 

or battle of changsha. (which is fantastic too!)

IAMARMY:

I am entirely new to the world of Asian dramas and shows, having started by watching the shortened version of the Legend of Concubine Zhen Huan on Netflix. I've gotten a few good Korean recommendations from a friend and have found some other shows by myself doing searches online. But does anyone have any recommendations for some good historical dramas similar to Zhen Huan that they can recommend? 

The Emperor: Owner of the Mask