I'm struggling and trying with this drama because of the amazing ratings. I've heard it's amazing but... I am so...  bored. I don't even know who the main couple is. I'm only 10 episodes in, but I've started and stopped like 4 times. One of my favorite C-Dramas is Goodbye, My Princess, and I was GLUED to the screen. But I'm struggling.

I guess I'm asking if it gets better sooner? More romantic? Something more in general? It's feeling so empty right now.

I'm going to put this in spoilers and there will be some spoilery stuff. Going from memory and quickly checking episode 10 (where you are at):

The main couple is basically stated in the episode when Grandpa God (forget his name) tells his grandson Ye Hua to go marry Bai Qian. So you basically haven't even seen any romance. If I remember right - and it has been a few years - you have basically seen an introduction mostly for the female lead. Well episode 10 introduces our male lead who looks identical to someone from the female lead's past.

If you like slow burning/building romance I would stick it out a little longer for the reason I put in spoilers and see if it's a relationship you enjoy. Otherwise drop it. There's also a secondary couple that people love mainly because of Dilraba who plays a fox character who pesters the man she is crushing on. It's cute I guess because Dilraba is pretty good. I forget if that got any screen time in the first 10 episodes.

Thank you so much!! This is so helpful! I think I'll try another few episodes and hopefully it'll all pick up...  specially if there's a great secondary couple. :)

walnutsgalore:
I guess I'm asking if it gets better sooner? More romantic? Something more in general? It's feeling so empty right now.

If you don't like it then I suggest dropping it.  It doesn't get better.  There's a reason why it's only rated 6.5 on Douban.

I would've given it a 7/10 based on the first 10 episodes.  After watching all 58 episodes, I hated this drama, and I regret finishing it.

errr... it's the first of two dramas that i have dropped to-date..

this is me but with scarlet heart reyo

mjf314:

If you don't like it then I suggest dropping it.  It doesn't get better.  There's a reason why it's only rated 6.5 on Douban.

I would've given it a 7/10 based on the first 10 episodes.  After watching all 58 episodes, I hated this drama, and I regret finishing it.

Lol oh noooo. Okay, if it doesn't get better, not sure I'll try picking it up again, because these first episodes are painful for me...

whatever:

errr... it's the first of two dramas that i have dropped to-date.. 

Dang, really? Whats the other one?

jxkv789:

this is me but with scarlet heart reyo

Oh nooo, I loved that drama so much, lol

walnutsgalore:

Dang, really? Whats the other one?

HosPlay - watched several times, and finally dropped after covering 4 episodes over 9 months. 90 mins per plot-less episode just doesnt suit me at all

walnutsgalore:

I'm struggling and trying with this drama because of the amazing ratings. I've heard it's amazing but... I am so...  bored. I don't even know who the main couple is. I'm only 10 episodes in, but I've started and stopped like 4 times. One of my favorite C-Dramas is Goodbye, My Princess, and I was GLUED to the screen. But I'm struggling.

I had the same problem as you. I tried to watch it two times and dropped twice.

martar:

I had the same problem as you. I tried to watch it two times and dropped twice.

Really? Danngg. I tried again and only made it a few minutes in before stopping (so it wasn't a real chance). It made me sad because I was obsessively in love with Ashes of Love and Goodbye, My Princess, and was hoping for something else to scratch that itch.  :(

walnutsgalore:

Really? Danngg. I tried again and only made it a few minutes in before stopping (so it wasn't a real chance). It made me sad because I was obsessively in love with Ashes of Love and Goodbye, My Princess, and was hoping for something else to scratch that itch.  :(

I understand your pain. In fact I am suffering from the lack of dramas. I am trying different titles but can't find anything with good chemistry.

Goodbye my princess is on my "plan to watch" list but according to synopsis ML loves another woman? I don't really like cheating and it puts me of. Could you tell me if I understand it correctly? 

I was thinking about good dramas similar to Ashes of love and I think that you can possibly like The Legends or Legend of Fu Yao.

Oh! I am suffering after watching Fall In LoveAnd I just discovered it has the same actor as Goodbey my princess. Setting is totally different, but Fall in Love is a good romance with a great chemistry. I highly recommend it, if liked this actor.

martar:

I understand your pain. In fact I am suffering from the lack of dramas. I am trying different titles but can't find anything with good chemistry.

Goodbye my princess is on my "plan to watch" list but according to synopsis ML loves another woman? I don't really like cheating and it puts me of. Could you tell me if I understand it correctly? 

I was thinking about good dramas similar to Ashes of love and I think that you can possibly like The Legends or Legend of Fu Yao.

Ohhh, I LOVED Goodbye, My Princess, but yes, it's another woman in the story. Without spoilers, basically he pretends to love another woman to protect the main FML. But the main FML is sooo kickass and amazing. Ugh, I wish I could watch it again for the first time, lol.

And thank for for both recs! Between the two, which did you like more? I'm gonna start one this week, lol.