蘇打綠 (Sūdá lǜ) is a Taiwanese indie band formed in 2001. Its lineup has been unchanged since 2003. Sodagreen emerged in the Taiwanese indie music scene after receiving the Grand Jury Award in the Hohaiyan Gongliau Rock Festival in 2004, after which it signed a contract with Willlin Music. The band is prominent for its main vocalist and songwriter Wu Tsing-Fong, who is prominent for [highlight]his poetic lyrics, unique performing style and wide vocal range.[/highlight]

Members

Wu Qing-Feng (Greeny) - lead singer
Liu Jia-Kai (Kay) - electric guitar
Huo Jing-Yang (A-Fu) - acoustic guitar
Gong Yu-Chi (Zephyr) - keyboard, viola
Xie Xin-Yi (Claire) - bass
Shi Jun-Wei (Wei) - drums, percussion

Sodagreen was named by Shih, then the band's leader, and Wu, the lead vocalist. The band was originally named Soda (蘇打), but Shih felt that the band needed a name with three Chinese characters. Wu, whose favourite colour was green, suggested adding the word green (綠) behind the name, thus the band's name.

In August 2004, Sodagreen were awarded the Grand Jury Award of Hohaiyan Gongliau Rock Festival. They then signed an official contract with Willlin Music. In September of 2005, they released their self-titled debut album, sodagreen, after a series of singles and EPs. The band garnered a few nominations in the Golden Melody awards of 2006 for this album.

In June 2007, Sodagreen were awarded the Best Band Award at the 18th Golden Melody Awards. Wu Tsing-Fong also received the highly-coveted Best Melody Award for the song "Little Love Song", which was also nominated for the best lyrics. Little Universe was nominated for the best album.

To support the sales of their latest album, Sodagreen kicked off their Walk Together World Tour at the Taipei Arena (臺北小巨蛋) on March 3rd-4th, 2012. Then two more sold-out concerts at Kaohsiung K-Arena (高雄巨蛋) on August 18th and 19th., 2012. The band also take their popular sold-out concerts to Singapore, and various cities in China such as Beijing, Shanghai, Chengdu, Shenzhen, Nanjing and more.

Albums

Sodagreen ‎ - 2005

Little Universe ‎ - 2006

Incomparable Beauty ‎ - 2007

Summer/Fever ‎ - 2009

Daylight Of Spring ‎- 2009

What Is Troubling You ‎ - 2011

I like especially two things about them: Lyrics and Wu's amazingly beautiful and unbelievable voice ^v^

My favorite songs with sodagreen: 燕窩 (Bird's Nest), 你被寫在我的歌里 (I Wrote of You In My Song, feat. Ella) and 喜歡寂寞 (Enjoy Loneliness).

燕窩 (Bird's Nest)

你被寫在我的歌里 (I Wrote of You In My Song, feat. Ella)

喜歡寂寞 (Enjoy Loneliness)
I am a really new fan of theirs. By new, I mean like 2-3 weeks. I'd been looking to branch out and came across them in my search. Looked them up on youtube. ...In love with them, and Greeny... really incredible voice. Really. They've been on repeat for quite a while. I finally understand how it feels to not understand anything...wishing for someone to translate. lol I am glad I have another band. It's really quite rare for me to find music that I adore.