This is the thread where you can ask questions or discuss anything related to the Thai Watch Challenge. 

Please remember not to include spoilers in your discussions or to mark them as such. 

The Thai Watch Challenge goes into its third round and we are so happy about it. 

Here you can find the links to each years challenge: 

1st Thai Watch Challenge 2021

Thai Watch Challenge 2022

Thai Watch Challenge 2023

Thai Watch Challenge 2024

Since January 2022 we also have the Thai Drama Club. Come and join! 

Thai Drama Related Articles: 

by Cho Na (including collaborations with other authors)

by Soju (including collaborations with other authors)

by Mio

by Ceki

by other authors

Helpful lists from users:

Q: Can I still join the challenge after January?
A: Absolutely. You can join at any time, theoretically one day before the year ends.

Q: When does the challenge end?
A: On the last day of the year, 31. December.

Q: How many challenges do I have to complete?
A: That’s up to you. We do not have levels of difficulty. If you want to challenge yourself you can try to do all 16 challenges with only dramas, that would probably be the hardest option and take the most time for completion. If you don’t have much time but still like to participate you can also choose to only complete one block. The most important thing: Have fun!

Q: I started watching a drama last year and it’s still airing in the current year. Does it count?
A: No. Only dramas you have watched completely in the year of the currently running Thai Watch Challenge count for the challenge. (For example all watched titles in 2023 count for the Thai Watch Challenge 2023.) You can rewatch the episodes that aired the previous year though, that will make the drama count.

Q: Can I rewatch a drama/movie?
A: Sure, but only when your previous watch was in the year before the current one. You can’t watch the same drama/movie twice in the same year, it will only count as one.

Q: I know all the actors/actresses in Challenge 1 or have watched most of their works, do I need to watch a drama with them?
A: You can watch a drama/movie with any other actor or actress that you prefer. The idea of the challenge is to watch something with a ML or FL actor/actress that is unknown to you.

Q: Do I need to complete all four blocks for Challenge 12?
A: No, you can choose how many blocks you want to complete. You can’t mix them though, as in taking one challenge out of Block A and two of Block B. 

Q: Do I have to do the bonus block? 
A: No, you don't have to do the bonus block. It's what it says, a pure bonus for those who want to watch more for the challenge. You may use challenges of the bonus block for substitutes though, so if there's any challenge you rather not complete because you're not comfortable with it, think of a challenge not covered by the Watch Challenge and use the bonus challenge instead. 

(updated)

The last Thai lakorn I finished is 

Plara Song Krueng (2019)

It was sort of a typical lakorn to me. I really didn't feel much chemistry with the MC. I like watching Mook as I think she is a versatile actress. I thought Oil acted well for his character, but was too old for the part. It had a few cute scenes. She does not do black face in this as some listed, but rather darkens her skin tone.  The message being near the end that no matter what the outer appearance, people are beautiful for who they are.  

I'm currently watching Por in 

Jao Sao Ban Rai (2006)

I am looking for a Thai remake of any drama from China, Japan, or Hong Kong if anyone knows some.

Thanks in advance.  

14 series to complete. Numbers coincide with running custom list for myself (you can read my notes, and rating for completed)

Currently watching - everyother country is on hold in my mind. lol
2. Game of Outlaws +2/15
3. Talay Luang +11/17
30. Rak Nakara +10/12
Beautiful bitter-sweet historic and costumed series. Will be recommended.
32. Nueng Dao Fah Diew +10/17
33. Lah Tah Chon +5/17
39. Unhappy Birthday (will binge after uploaded)
43. Love Destiny +10/15
44. Irresistible +10/20
Modern remake.  I don't hold out for a different ending. I do love Nut Devahastin Na Ayutthaya is being  given a romantic nod.
45. Nuer Nai +11/22
46. Krachao Seeda +10/13
I hope they don't botch the finale.
50. Lady Bancham +8/15
57. Likit Haeng Jan +9/14
61. Dare to Love: Hai Ruk Pipaksa +11/16
Just okay - I wanted it to be so much more than it is.
65. Mae Ai Sae Eun +7/15

moonchild thanks you for the badges <3 and JustOneMoreEpisode  for updates. <3

JustOneMoreEpisode:

I am looking for a Thai remake of any drama from China, Japan, or Hong Kong if anyone knows some.

Thanks in advance.  

Japanese - Kiss Me (2015)  Some people love it.

Wow!  Anusaya, love what you did on your TWC custom list!!

Anusaya:

Japanese - Kiss Me (2015)  Some people love it.

Thanks! I watched that one for this year's TWC.  I did like it a lot and gave it a 9. I had watched the K-drama years ago and mostly liked it as well.

JustOneMoreEpisode:

Thanks! I watched that one for this year's TWC.  I did like it a lot and gave it a 9. I had watched the K-drama years ago and mostly liked it as well.

Welcome - I'll think on the others. :D

JustOneMoreEpisode:

Thanks in advance.  

While trying to find Thai remakes, I found a useful list. Maybe you can discover something new?

In my form, I used Put Your Head on My Shoulder and Kiss Me :D

Edit: I thought the emoji feature is already working but I guess not :_)

Anusaya:
moonchild thanks you for the badges <3

My pleasure. It's a hobby of mine. Thanks for joining the challenge. ^^ 

JustOneMoreEpisode:

How about Let's Fight Ghost? It's a remake of the K-Drama Bring It On, Ghost from 2016. Just be aware that the ghosts here are scarier than in the Korean version. 😱 😅

Sorry I overread China, Japan or Hong Kong. I'll leave it here though for anyone else who looks for a remake from Korea. Upcoming remakes will be Love Stage (Japan) and Boss & Me (China). You could note them for next year. ^^

For Hong Kong: Turn Left Turn Right (2020)

Qissyn:
Edit: I thought the emoji feature is already working but I guess not :_)

You can but you need to use codes. This site might help you: https://www.alt-codes.net/smiley_alt_codes.php 

Use the codes that begin with &, copy and paste them here. 

moonchild:
You can but you need to use codes. This site might help you: https://www.alt-codes.net/smiley_alt_codes.php 

Use the codes that begin with &, copy and paste them here. 

oooo thank you for the tip! But I give up because I am not tech savvy ヅ 

I apologize because my sign-up form does not have legit lakorns. Initially, I want to include them but I don't have the time to watch all of them. I'm currently juggling between my final year academics, assignments and project, two drama challenges and others :(

My sign-up form is also not updated because for the past few days, I have been trying to beautify my post (✿◠‿◠)

Update:
So far, I have finished 3 blocks (soon to be 4) and currently watching a documentary called 2,215

Qissyn:

oooo thank you for the tip! But I give up because I am not tech savvy ヅ 

You don't need to be for this. I also thought it's complicated but it's really just copying the code and pasting it. ^^