Only for Love: Drama adaptation of the web novel "Accidental Love" (错撩) by Qiao Yao (翘摇).

Summary of each chapter from the novel by Blue Orchid Blossom!

Chapter 1: "I'm Taken"

Chinese title: 我是有男朋友的人。
Direct translation: "I am someone who has a boyfriend."

In late autumn in Jiangcheng, the sun fights the clouds for a last glimpse, casting a struggling light. Zheng Shuyi, a reporter, lies on her table, sweat breaking on her forehead. A call interrupts her chaotic thoughts—Chen Sheng from Mingyu Bank, postponing the Shi Yan interview to an uncertain future. Desperation sets in as she pleads for an earlier slot.

With her dreams of a groundbreaking interview slipping away, Zheng Shuyi recalls Shi Yan's rise in the financial world. The elusive figure has garnered attention, yet interviews remain scarce. Chen Sheng proposes a night interview due to Shi Yan's busy schedule, leaving Zheng Shuyi torn between ambition and personal commitments, like for instance, her boyfriend's birthday.

Anxiety mounts as she navigates the bustling city to reach the luxurious Warner Manor, the venue of a banquet where she's hoping to interview Shi Yan. The rain intensifies, mirroring her inner turmoil. Inside, Qin Xiaoming, Shi Yan's brother-in-law, appears instead of the anticipated interviewee, signaling a further deviation from the plan.

Alone in the opulent venue, time stretches, echoing the emptiness around Zheng Shuyi. The phone rings—Shi Yan's interview is canceled. Disappointment floods her senses as she stands in the cold rain, abandoned by the night's promises. Rich acquaintances offer rides, highlighting the stark contrast between her professional aspirations and personal commitments.

Amidst the biting wind, an unfamiliar man revealed to be Shi Yan, appears. Unspoken tension lingers as Zheng Shuyi emphasizes her loyalty to her boyfriend, standing firm against the allure of the luxurious ride. The Bentley departs, leaving Zheng Shuyi in the cold, a symbol of shattered expectations and unyielding resolve.

Chapter 2: "The Rolls-Royce with Consecutive License Plates."

Chinese title: 这是一辆车牌连号的劳斯莱斯。
Direct translation: "This is a Rolls-Royce with serial number plates."

The car's taillights melted into the rain, vanishing like a fading dream.

Zheng Shuyi, with a mix of cold disdain and twisted resolve, observed the empty banquet hall as the rain subsided. The staff diligently cleaned up, while the chilling wind carried dead leaves to her feet.

Wrapped tighter in her scarf, she wrestled with resentment toward Yue Xingzhou and Shi Yan, a stranger. The clock's toll marked midnight, a familiar car arrived as Yue Xingzhou stepped into the rain.

Without a word, Zheng Shuyi rushed into his embrace, her words cloaked in vulnerability. Yue Xingzhou apologized for the delay due to the heavy downpour. In the warmth of his explanation, Zheng Shuyi's anger gave way to guilt, her inquiries shifting to his well-being and the celebration of his birthday. They discussed Yue Xingzhou's friend Xu Feng and a canceled interview.

Exhausted, they returned home. Zheng Shuyi, drained by the night's events, neglected her usual routines. But realizing she hadn't confirmed Yue Xingzhou's safe return yet, she frantically searched for her phone which she couldn't seem to find amongst her belongings.

iPad in hand, she traced the phone's location, the red dot pulsating at Jiangcheng First People's Hospital. A perplexing question—had her phone been stolen, or did Yue Xingzhou end up in an unforeseen predicament?
In the rain, she struggled to secure a ride but eventually reached the hospital. With a throbbing lower abdomen and soaked clothes, Zheng Shuyi tried to find Yue Xingzhou. Spotting his car, hope faded as she discovered it empty. Lost without a phone, the hospital loomed vast and unwelcoming.

Moments later, a heart-wrenching scene unfolded—Yue Xingzhou emerged from the hospital, with a woman in his arms, clad in a coat purchased by Zheng Shuyi. The pieces clicked, a painful realization etched on her face.
The rain, a relentless witness, intensified as Yue Xingzhou and the woman shared an intimate moment. Zheng Shuyi, caught in a storm of emotions, struggled to comprehend the betrayal. The woman kissed Yue Xingzhou, and reality shattered.

Her mind retraced the journey, memories of Yue Xingzhou's unwavering pursuit during college, his sincere affection, and the color he brought to her life. Yet, the scene before her presented a stark contrast—an embrace, a kiss, and an unspoken betrayal.

Unable to confront the spectacle, Zheng Shuyi detached the bracelet Yue Xingzhou had given her, hanging it on his car door. With a final, chilling look, she walked into the rain, leaving behind a glinting silver chain—a silent testament to the unraveling of trust and the fraying of a once vibrant connection.

Chapter 3: "She knocked the car's window."

Chinese title: 她抬手敲了敲车窗。
Direct translation: "She raised her hand and knocked on the car window."

The cold wind reminded those at the door it was time to leave. Yue Xingzhou hesitated, eyeing the rain. Qin Lezhi pulled out an umbrella, opened it, and they walked to the parking area together.

They stood several meters apart, and when they reached the car, Yue Xingzhou said, "I'm going home." Qin Lezhi held his arm, leaned on him, and asked him to stay a bit longer. Yue Xingzhou hugged her under the umbrella. He asked if she was cold, and she replied, "It doesn't feel cold when you're here."

Yue Xingzhou mentioned he had work in the morning, and Qin Lezhi let go. She suggested he consider what she said earlier, emphasizing what she could offer. Afterward, she left.

Watching Qin Lezhi get into a Rolls-Royce, Yue Xingzhou turned and walked to his car. The night blurred as he took out his car key and opened the door. When he reached inside, he found something familiar, Shu Yi's bracelet.

At three forty-five in the morning, Zheng Shuyi lay on her bed, her mind chaotic. After sorting the items Yue Xingzhou gave her, she waited for him to come. The doorbell rang, and expecting a remorseful Yue Xingzhou, she opened the door.

Yue Xingzhou, holding a blue lace umbrella, looked briefly at Zheng Shuyi, then said they should break up. Stunned, Zheng Shuyi asked for clarification. Yue Xingzhou explained their differences and the challenges he faced. Zheng Shuyi, unable to comprehend, asked if he brought her mobile phone.

After snatching her phone, she kicked Yue Xingzhou and the cardboard box out. The door slammed, and she touched her chest, ensuring she was alive. Later, she heard footsteps, opened the door, and saw Yue Xingzhou taking something valuable from the box.

Zheng Shuyi threw herself on the bed, unable to erase the images from her mind. Despite feeling weak, she went to work in the afternoon.

At the office, the editor-in-chief informed her about a postponed interview and asked for a new outline. Zheng Shuyi, lacking energy, mentioned her breakup with Yue Xingzhou. The editor-in-chief found it amusing.

Later, Zheng Shuyi received news of a financial summit. She attended, and afterward, she went to the dessert shop where she used to go with Yue Xingzhou. Unexpectedly, she saw him there with a woman she had seen in the hospital.

Feeling angry, Zheng Shuyi threw away the egg tart and left. But she realized later that Qin Lezhi had taken the valuable brooch. Angry and hurt, Zheng Shuyi went to the financial center, where she saw a Rolls-Royce with a sequential license plate.

Ignoring her initial plan to take a taxi, she approached the car. The window rolled down, revealing Shi Yan, Qin Lezhi's uncle. She asked to borrow his phone or for a ride. Shi Yan declined, saying he doesn't entertain women with boyfriends. The car sped away.

Chapter 4: "Yue Xingzhou, you didn't expect this, did you? I got on this car before you :P"

Chinese title: 岳星洲,想不到吧,我比你先坐上这辆车 :P
Direct translation: "Yue Xingzhou, you can’t believe that I got on this car before you :P"

As orange clouds drifted across the sky, the visible passage of time heightened the urgency in the editorial department. The clatter of keyboards filled the air as direct lamps illuminated the room, marking the relentless march toward the looming deadline.

Amidst the chaotic atmosphere, Zheng Shuyi's confusion only cleared after completing today's manuscript. She grappled with the revelation that the man who approached her last night was the mistress's uncle, who now cruelly rejected any conversation.Vindictiveness lingered in the air.

Unbeknownst to Zheng Shuyi, a mysterious smile played on her lips. Immersed in typing, she appeared brimming with ideas and inspiration, though her focus took an unexpected turn.

"Each bank's wealth management company is expected to unveil a new financing plan next year. The China Banking and Insurance Regulatory Commission urges swift action, turning scumbags into fertilizers. The mistress, beset by irregular menstruation and facial acne, harbors onychomycosis, potentially contagious."

Kong Nan, seated nearby, squinted at Zheng Shuyi, questioning, "What are you writing?". Zheng Shuyi's momentary lapse ended as she nonchalantly deleted the peculiar line. "Nothing," she replied, closing her computer and gazing out of the window, lost in contemplation.

Undeterred by love's setbacks, Zheng Shuyi, fueled by workplace pride, resolved to produce a stunning manuscript to defy any perception of her as a lovelorn figure in the eyes of Tang Yi.

A person driven by both revenge and self-esteem, Zheng Shuyi, on that Friday, armed herself with a voice recorder and notebook, heading to Mingyu Bank's headquarters.

In the grandeur of the building's reception area, Zheng Shuyi registered as required, catching the attention of a security guard who remarked, "Are all the reporters in your magazine so beautiful?"

She smiled in response but froze upon spotting Xu Yuling's name on the register, triggering an ominous premonition. Rushing to the elevator, she encountered Chen Sheng, who informed her that her colleague had already completed the interview. Panicked, Zheng Shuyi seized the moment, introducing herself and the scheduled interview. Chen Sheng, however, revealed that Xu Yuling had already conducted the interview earlier in the day.

Shock and frustration gripped Zheng Shuyi as she realized the potential consequences. Nonetheless, with no alternative, she forced a smile, acknowledging the miscommunication.

As Shi Yan walked out of the office, Shuyi decided to take a chance and asked, "I... have been looking forward to this interview for a long time, and finally waited until today. Do you think it is convenient now?"

After the words fell, the corridor was so quiet that one could hear a pin drop. Shi Yan's eyelids drooped slightly, and the moment he looked back, he saw her tightly curled hands hanging by her legs.

After a while.

He didn't even raise his eyes, but his emotionless voice reached everyone's ears clearly.

"Come over."

It was eerily quiet.

Everyone looked at each other, shocked but afraid to ask more questions.

As they got into the elevator, Zheng Shuyi's mind raced, contemplating her next move. Upon reaching the parking lot, a call interrupted the silence. Shi Yan's calm instruction to Chen Sheng regarding his niece's interference showcased an unwavering resolve.

When they got to the parking lot, Zheng Shuyi looked at the car in front of her and couldn't help but twitch her lips.

'Yue Xingzhou, you didn't expect this, did you? I got on this car before you :P'

The tension lifted as they entered the car. Shi Yan's stoic presence permeated the vehicle, rendering the atmosphere strangely quiet.

Seated beside him, Zheng Shuyi, in her off-white pencil skirt, felt the wind carry her fragrance as the car moved. Surprised by Shi Yan's unexpected concern, she denied feeling cold, only to have the window opened, exposing her to a chilly breeze.

Amused by the irony, Zheng Shuyi thought to herself,  'Just because I say I'm not cold doesn't mean I'm hot?'

Chapter 5: "Do you have a girlfriend?"

Chinese title: 您有女朋友吗?

Direct translation: "Do you have a girlfriend?"

Zheng Shuyi admitted that when she sat up, she deliberately lowered her posture, controlled her expression, and even adjusted her legs quietly to look the best. She didn't know if Shi Yan's eyes could detect her inner beauty, so her outer beauty always had to be clearly displayed in front of him. But the car window was open at the moment, and the cold wind that was about to enter winter was pouring into the car as if it were free.

Zheng Shuyi had no thoughts at all. She calmly retracted her legs, wrapped her coat tightly, took out the recorder, cleared her throat, and said, "Mr. Shi, should I turn on the recorder now?"

Shi Yan leaned back on the back chair, closed his eyes, and without even speaking a word, he responded to Zheng Shuyi's words with a "hmm."

I'm afraid I'm going to fall asleep in the next second.

Do I look so unattractive?

Zheng Shuyi cursed in her heart, but said sweetly, "I will record the whole process, and I will check it with you after the final draft is released." After saying that, Shi Yan didn't respond, still keeping his eyes closed and concentrating.

Zheng Shuyi turned out the outline.

"The theme of this interview mainly focuses on the role of the RMB as a backbone currency in Asian monetary cooperation and the role of the RMB in East Asia. First of all, I would like to ask you to talk about how, as a large commercial bank, you are promoting the internationalization of the RMB. What preparations do you think need to be made?”

After listening to Zheng Shuyi's words, Shi Yan turned his head, pressed his chin, and glanced at Zheng Shuyi lightly. Shuyi didn't know what it meant, so she had to look back.

Unexpectedly, Shi Yan didn't look away. She didn't know what expression to put on when they looked at each other, so she could only blink. Putting aside other factors, she had been preparing for this job for a long time, and naturally she was as nervous as she was looking forward to it.

After a while, Shi Yan didn't know what he thought of. He snorted slightly in his nose and then looked away.

Zheng Shuyi:?

If I didn't have ulterior motives for you, I would have to ask you to tell me what your micro-expression means today. When Shuyi complained, Shi Yan raised his hand and loosened his tie, and then began to answer Shuyi's questions.

When he said the first sentence, Zheng Shuyi had not recovered yet. She was stunned for a moment, then immediately lowered her head and started recording. What Shi Yan said was very logical and interlocking. He answered sentence by sentence. Although there were not many words, the amount of information was very full. Zheng Shuyi did not dare to miss a sentence and listened attentively.

The car kept moving forward at high speed, up the mountain road, into the tunnel, and around the overpass. Zheng Shuyi never raised her head and noticed the changes outside the window. She tossed out topic after topic, leaving little free time to think about where the car would go.

By the time she finished asking about the contents of the outline, the recorder showed that one hour and fifty-six minutes had passed. It was actually very difficult to catch up with his train of thought. The concentration required was almost as high as an exam. During the process, she had to analyze what he said so that she would not ask repeated questions to make him laugh. So Zheng Shuyi recorded the last key points. By this time, there was already a layer of sweat on the palms of my hands.

Zheng Shuyi raised her head and glanced at Shi Yan. She saw that his expression was calm, but not as nervous as her.

Her eyes gradually stayed on his eyes.

Viewed from the side, the lenses cast a faint light on his eyelashes. There was no emotion visible, but it was difficult to look away.

"Are you done asking?" Shi Yan suddenly turned to look at her.

Zheng Shuyi suddenly looked away: "I've finished reading."

The already quiet car seemed even quieter.

She closed the pen cap, pretended that nothing happened, and flipped through the notebook with a downcast face, trying to cover up her embarrassment at being caught peeking at his bag. After a moment of silence, Zheng Shuyi began to feel a little uneasy and quietly raised his eyes to look at Shi Yan.

Just in time to catch Shi Yan's gaze.

He slowly sat up and straightened his upper body, raised his hand to straighten his tie, and looked at her with dark eyes.

The car slowly stopped at this time. A cold wind blew in, and Zheng Shuyi shivered suddenly.

It was during this gap that Shi Yan averted his eyes, opened the car door, bowed and got out of the car, and left a few words.

"Two hours are up."

Zheng Shuyi: "..."

His series of movements were so fast that Zheng Shuyi was in a trance for a moment before he woke up from the nervousness in his gaze. She immediately raised her head and looked out the car window.

Large expanses of grass, rows of wooden fences, with a few horses grazing in the middle. The woods at the end are withered and yellow, and the sky is gray and dark clouds are accumulating. It feels like they will hit the woods in the next second.

'What kind of hellish place is this?'

Shi Yan stood beside the car and looked up into the distance, seeming to have forgotten Zheng Shuyi's existence. Zheng Shuyi held the car window with both hands, feeling flustered. And Shi Yan's back seemed to have the word "indifferent" written in bold.

Just when she was about to speak, Shi Yan turned back and raised her eyelids, "You can go."

Zheng Shuyi:?

'How can I get around in these barren mountains? Go on horseback?'

Seeing that Shi Yan was really about to leave, Zheng Shuyi quickly got out of the car and chased after him.

"Mr. Shi, I have one last question."

She pursed her lips and said, "How about we talk about other topics."

Shi Yan's attention was on his mobile phone and he didn't look at Zheng Shuyi.

"Explain."

Zheng Shuyi stood behind him and asked, "Do you have a girlfriend?"

Shi Yan paused with his fingertips and looked sideways. Zheng Shuyi looked at Shi Yan with a smile, seemingly meaning nothing else. After all, many reporters would ask such questions at the end of interviews to liven up the atmosphere. But still, she felt nervous about asking such a question to Shi Yan.

Shi Yan's gaze moved downwards, scanning a few inches of her face with a hint of inquiry. When he was about to speak, a male voice came from not far away. Shi Yan immediately looked up and saw a white-haired old man, Uncle Guan.

Chapter 6: "Only through enduring the toughest hardships does one become a true aunt."

Chinese title: 吃得苦中苦,方为小舅妈
Direct translation: "I have to endure all kinds of hardships to become my little aunt."

Marquez once said that when a woman decides to pick up a man, there is no wall that she cannot overcome, no fortress that she cannot knock down, and no worries that she cannot leave behind. In fact, there is no one who can control her.

So is Zheng Shuyi facing an iron wall now? Is it a mountain of swords and a sea of fire? Is it God's wrath?
No, it was just a small rejection.

She closed her eyes and took a breath. After adjusting her mentality, she adjusted her collar and walked out.

Under the golden sunshine, Shi Yan stood next to a reddish-brown horse. His black knight's uniform was elegant and full of tension, and the horse's fur was groomed to shine like satin. The picturesque scene has a harmonious rhythmic beauty. Zheng Shuyi couldn't help but take a second look.
When she got closer, Guan Xiangcheng said, "This horse is the most docile. Let Shi Yan teach you how to ride it."

Um?

Zheng Shuyi immediately looked at Shi Yan. He stopped and lowered his head to straighten his white gloves without saying anything.

After Uncle Guan left, Zheng Shuyi heard the sound of galloping horse hooves. Shi Yan put on his gloves and walked to the horse, caressing the horse's hair in a leisurely manner, but made no next move. In fact, in the previous brief chat, Zheng Shuyi probably figured out the relationship between Shi Yan and Guan Xiangcheng.

They were not relatives, but Guan Xiangcheng had a good friendship with Shi Yan's father, and Shi Yan came here specifically to spend time with him today. The fact that a person like Shi Yan can come here to spend time with him shows his status in Shi Yan's heart.

Zheng Shuyi coughed lightly. Shi Yan looked up at her.

"Mr. Shi." Zheng Shuyi smiled shyly and looked at Shi Yan anxiously, "Then please teach me."

"good." For some reason, his tone gave Zheng Shuyi a malicious feeling. Maybe it's an illusion.

She raised her head and smiled: "Thank you, Mr. Shi." Shi Yan raised his hand and made a "please" gesture.

Zheng Shuyi is not a squeamish person. She has a fitness habit and a foundation in dancing, so it is not difficult for her to get on the horse.

The equestrian pants she was wearing were snug and soft. She stepped on them easily and neatly, shook her hair, grabbed the saddle, and looked down at Shi Yan. Shi Yan held the reins in his hand, glanced at her, and took a step back. Zheng Shuyi blinked, shouldn't he be walking in front and holding the horse?
What are you doing in the back?

Before she could figure it out, there was a surge of warmth behind her, the saddle sank, and the horse jumped forward a few steps. Due to inertia, Zheng Shuyi leaned back and leaned against someone's chest. Zheng Shuyi's upper body was completely frozen and motionless, which intensified the sensitivity of her senses.

She could clearly feel Shi Yan's breath slowly surrounding her whole body.

Shi Yan reached out to pull the reins and wrapped his arms around Zheng Shuyi.

Zheng Shuyi: "..."

It seems that there is no need to teach like this.

Shi Yan seemed to notice Zheng Shuyi's stiffness.

"What's wrong?"

His tone was very calm, but Zheng Shuyi seemed to hear a hint of ridicule. Her nervousness must have been exposed, and there was no point in hiding it now.

"It's okay." Zheng Shuyi gritted his teeth and said word by word, "It's my first time riding a horse, I'm a little nervous."

Shi Yan said "hmm".

But for some reason, Zheng Shuyi felt a chill on his back.

Why does even the word "hmm" make her feel like something is wrong.

Under Shi Yan's movement, the horse slowly started walking. The afterglow shone on the horse, and as the horse's back shook, the halo was particularly dazzling. Shi Yan was in no hurry, didn't speak, and walked towards the runway as if taking a walk.

Zheng Shuyi felt that her breathing was not smooth, and she was even a little hot. The ups and downs caused by the horse's movement would make the top of her head touch Shi Yan's chin.

Zheng Shuyi always felt that something was wrong.

Although she had only been in contact with Shi Yan for a few hours, his temperament was already evident, and it shouldn't be like this. Just as he was thinking about it, Guan Xiangcheng, who had already ridden far away, turned back and waved to the two of them, gesturing for them to follow. Before Zheng Shuyi had time to respond, the horse beneath her suddenly shook and then started galloping.

"Ah!" She couldn't help but exclaim, holding on to the saddle tightly during the bumps.

The horse ran very fast, and the saddle under her body hit her again and again, causing pain between her legs. Moreover, Shi Yan seemed to intentionally keep a certain physical distance from her, and his arms did not hold her, so Zheng Shuyi felt like she was about to fall off his horse every time she bumped.

"Slow down!" she shouted, clutching the saddle tightly, "slow down, slow down!"

Shi Yan acted as if he didn't hear her words and instead moved faster and faster.

You damn well know he's not a good person!

The horse became more and more excited. When it crossed the railing, it almost turned 180 degrees, making Zheng Shuyi's eyes dazzled and she felt dizzy.

"Is this horse crazy? Slow down!"

After a few laps, Zheng Shuyi didn't realize how many times she screamed. She only felt it in her throat.
Shuyi thought to herself, "Only by enduring these hardships, I can be the true aunt."

To the ones who are following this discussion thread, I truly apologize for the delay. I started this yesterday and underestimated the work by saying I'll try to update everything before the fast-track episodes that are literally coming out tomorrow. There are nearly 72 chapters in the novel to summarize. The series is going to end tomorrow and I guess I won't be able to finish this before that. I wish this idea of making summaries struck me earlier.

I will update this as much as I can but it's gonna be a time-consuming process. i hope you understand! sorry and have a good one! Thank you so much for reading these till now even though it was towards the end of this series. 

Don't apologize. I will read as many episodes as you add but if you do not finish it that will be fine also. Please don't feel bad if you don't continue. I appreciate what you have done. 

twinty:

Don't apologize. I will read as many episodes as you add but if you do not finish it that will be fine also. Please don't feel bad if you don't continue. I appreciate what you have done. 

You're really kind, thank you so much!! I truly appreciate you taking your time to acknowledge these too :)

You put time and effort into doing this. I am sure many appreciate it. 

If you can finish this, I’m sure future viewers will appreciate it! I just finished episode 14 but I’m enj this. 

@twinty Thank you so much! <3

@ChessWidow Thank you! I'm glad you're enjoying these. I would love for future viewers to read these summaries bc the novel is much better than the drama although I'm happy the adaptation even happened. 

I'm now making summaries to update a bunch of chapters. Thanks again! :) 

Thank you for taking the time to do this.  It is a lot of work on your part .